Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 119

FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
Amigans.net Featured Donations for July 2008
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
July 2008

Its that time once more to show how much you appreciate all those guys and gals who keep AmigaOS4 alive by devoting their talent and time in bringing you something to use on your favourite OS, be it a webportal, an application, a game, a utility an icon, whatever.

All we at Amigans.net are asking you to contribute is a minimum of ?5 Euro's or more, depending on what you can afford for each cause. However, if you can't afford that, then just pick only one cause and donate what you can.

Our two featured Donations for this month are:-

Resized ImageSpot Up is the amiga equivelant of "Made in China" the amount of ports this guy churns out for AmigaOS4 is almost on an industrial scale. He isn't human! Check out the number of uploads to OS4 Depot. Which includes Magazeux, Spot's Porting for Dummies Guide, MoleInvasion and many, many more.

Resized ImageSurely you've heard of him by now??? No? what planet are you on? Thanks to Jahc we have, Wookiechat, SabreMSN, Rockbeat, SimplePlay and alas; the FartButton! Please donate what you can, but mind the photo on the front page, its not for the faint hearted!

JUNE 2008

Welcome to the Launch of the monthly Amigans.net Developer/Web Portal/Graphic Artist/ etc Donations Drive.

First, thanks to all the people who expressed their support for this idea, we have been pleasantly surprised at just how many of you out there actually care.

For our Launch, we have chosen two of the most distinguished unsung Amiga developers out there, they are:-

Resized Image
Edgar Schwan (CygnusEd)
Works include:
Cygnix X11 Port, FontForge, OWB Libraries and more! Over 40 bits of software on OS4 Depot and counting!
Very much a developer at the forefront of AmigaOS4 development.

Resized ImageJoerg Strohmayer
Again, needs very little introduction, responsible for OWB a free, fully featured AmigaOS4 Web browser with full CSS capability etc. plus, SFS, AmiDVD, CPU TempDocky and many more too!

Think about this if you will. Back in the Amiga's hayday we used to spend loads of cash on Amiga hardware and software in the shops.
All we are asking you now is to take a tiny bit of that money you would have spent back then and give it to those who are still keeping us going.

Donate today.

Next Month, we will ask you to nominate another two AmigaOS4 Developer/Web Portal/Service/Graphic Artist - whatever!

Thank you.

P.S Don't forget to vote in our Poll.

Edit: Thanks to Klesterjr for the donate buttons, he must surely feature on here one day.

Edited by Mikey_C on 2008/6/6 13:37:28
Edited by Mikey_C on 2008/6/12 18:47:28
Edited by Mikey_C on 2008/7/2 20:37:00
Edited by Mikey_C on 2008/7/2 20:38:15
Edited by Mikey_C on 2008/7/2 20:46:14
Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Re: Amigans.net Featured Donations is GO!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mikey_C

Good initiative. However, I noticed that the donation buttons only appears on the front page if someone is logged in. Is this intentional? Maybe someone that isn't logged in might want to donate too.

Hans

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Hans

Fixed

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@all

Thanks for your support so far!

Mikey C

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Mikey_C wrote:
@all

Thanks for your support so far!

Hi Mikey_C,

I'd like to make a painfully obvious remark.

I don't think that anyone that develops SW should donate to those that do, because then it'll be like a dog chasing it's tail, except for the very real loss that occurs, when Dev A gives to Dev B and Dev B gives to Dev C, because it suffers from the law of diminishing returns where a percent is taken by the credit card company, then there's the exchange rate fee loss, then PayPal takes a bit.

I think that the developers should look at each other as though "barter" has taken place, and if one person makes a program, then he should be able to use another's. (I'm not talking about commercial SW that is available through stores. If you write SW, you can't just go D/L Baldur's Gate.)

But I can not speak on the part of the developer community... If it's better to line the pockets of the BIG wheel, then they're free to do so.

But I shudder to think of all the money lost if say jahc (who I've donated to) sends money to Toaks who sends money to yoodoo2 who sends money to xeron who sends money to salass00 who sends mon.....

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Atheist

For every developer there are at least 5 or more just plain Amiga users like yourself and me.

Besides, we are not talking shareware here and we are not forcing anyone to donate. But if you are a Developer who requires xxlibrary or port to make your program work, there is no harm in dropping the other developer a little money to say thank you.

I take your point about dog chasing its tail, but I think its misplaced, This initiative is mostly aimed at getting people like you and me who don't do any programming to actually "Thank" those who keep our computer platform of choice going. Without these people we'd be nowhere.

Besides (and for example only) if Jahc wishes to thank Joerg for OWB and Joerg wishes to thank Jahc for Wookiechat then that's up to them.

In the meantime, the rest of us who can afford to shell out ?5 Euro's shoould donate to thank the people who keep the dream alive.

Cheers

Mikey C

Mikey C

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Mikey_C

In the meantime, the rest of us who can afford to shell out ?5 Euro's should donate to thank the people who keep the dream alive.

Done! Thanks guys for keeping the drive alive!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
>For every developer there are at least 5 or more just plain Amiga users like yourself and me.

An interesting statistic. So if 1500 A1s were sold this would make 300 OS4 developers...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Minuous

*sigh*
You're Nit picking,
I was just illustrating a point .

Mikey C

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mikey_C

... but having 300+ developers working away would be nice.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just donated ?12.55 to each of them :)

Edited by RuDeE on 2008/6/13 15:14:31
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@RuDeE

Nice one Sir. I salute you!

Mikey C

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Could we get English language donation sites? The OWB site seems to be in German.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@RacerX

Quote:
Could we get English language donation sites? The OWB site seems to be in German.
The default used to be the language the paypal account is configured to and my account is still set to english, no idea when paypal changed that. It's not possible to select a default language when creating paypal buttons, only a default country. I've created a new button with no default country selected, if that doesn't work either I'll have to set the default country for example to USA.
I can't test it since since german is correct in my case, but even if it doesn't work you can enter the amount and click on "Summe neu berechnen" (update sum) and after that select the country which changes the language of the page as well. Changing the country/language before entering the amount isn't possible

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

It seems to work now.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

Great idea.
Always mean to donate to authors but tend to forget and never get round to it.

Good way to keep the likes of me focused with a monthly reminder.

Have just donated to both the above.

Go to top
Amigans.net Featured Donations July 2008
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@all
Bump for July 2008

Mikey C

Go to top
Re: Amigans.net Featured Donations July 2008
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

Spot-Up is certainly the "Made-in-China" Star !

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Re: Amigans.net Featured Donations July 2008
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
HAHAHAH.... that description actually made me laugh hard! :D Made in China... hahahaha....

I'm honoured to be elected. Just you wait, you haven't seen nothing yet! :D

Go to top
Re: Amigans.net Featured Donations for July 2008
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

This is a very good idea.

I always say to myself that I should donate to these people, but I never get around to do it. Whit this initiative I have so far donated to two different people and will must certanly donate to others (or to the same) in the future.

Once again what a great way to show appreciation to the hard working developers.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »