Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 80

dfstudios, more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: A1222Plus has a new home
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L @All

Quote:

Sorry but ONLY jack output will work with the integrated sound card. Nothing else. So you will need a jack to optical converter. You will not get any sound from HDMI.

But I'm pretty sure your TV must have a jack audio input, have you checked this?

I have opted for this solution that should be possible.

Audio Konverter Analog to Digital

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
I have opted for this solution that should be possible.

Is there a reason you are not just using a simple 3.5mm to RCA Cable, like this one?
Just curious as I have a Samsung TV as well.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
Is there a reason you are not just using a simple 3.5mm to RCA Cable, like this one?

Because I have no idea I see, so this cable is sufficient and I can connect it to the jack AV connection of my Samsung TV to get sound.

I refer again to the picture above in the post where you can see the connections of the Samsung TV.

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... id=148402#forumpost148402

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE / AmigaOne A1222plus AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I think a simple jack - jack cable whould have done the job.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
K-L wrote:I think a simple jack - jack cable whould have done the job.

I have ordered this cable for my Samsung TV and the audio converter for my soundbar including cable. So I should be prepared and can use both options.

Thanks again for your help.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktaddQuote:
ktadd wrote:
Is there a reason you are not just using a simple 3.5mm to RCA Cable,

RCA inputs on TV are becoming rare. We bought a new Sony OLED last year, and it doesn't have any RCA inputs. It has a weird little 3.5mm port, which carries both video and audio; I tried to connect our little Nintendo knockoff to it, but the lag made it unplayable.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@K-LQuote:
K-L wrote:

2° No sound through HDMI (driver doesn't support it) : only with your sound card.

I think Hans has said this is unlikely to change in the future, vendors don't really stick to a standard and implement their own ways of doing it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
I refer again to the picture above in the post where you can see the connections of the Samsung TV.

Yes, I have a Samsung TV with the same connections.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
ktadd wrote:@Maijestro
Quote:

Yes, I have a Samsung TV with the same connections.

Ok thanks for the information, I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to hardware. But since they have the same connections it should work.

I also bought the analog to digital converter to be able to use my soundbar/TV system, which no longer has any analog connections.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Congratulations on the A1222+, Maijestro!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MaijestroQuote:
Maijestro wrote:Does the sound come via HDMI or do I have to use the sound card directly?

Just weighing in here. Although the A1222 doesn't have sound coming over the HDMI, there are devices called HDMI audio inserters/embedders which allow you to add audio to the HDMI signal so you could have the A1222's audio output going via HDMI.

I've actually just ordered such a device myself, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Francis

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi there,

Okay, so the original order I had placed for a Vaddio HDMI audio inserter ended up being cancelled for reasons unknown. I was, however, able to purchase an alternative unit, a CYP AU-11CA. Here are my findings, which I hope people find useful.

The Good

I was able to connect this unit up to my Sony Bravia TV with the A1222 HDMI and audio outputs combined into a single HDMI video/audio stream. There was no visible difference that I could discern in image quality between the A1222 being connected directly to my TV and being passed through the audio inserter unit. Audio sounded fine as well.

The Not So Good

The audio inserter unit I purchased only does a maximum resolution of 1920x1080 so didn't work for my main monitor which is 3440x1440 unless I reduced the A1222's screen resolution.

My monitor (ASUS PG35VG) doesn't have built-in speakers, but it does have a headphone jack. Try as I might, I couldn't get any audio when using this audio inserter. I also tried my soundbar, but I couldn't get any audio from that either using the audio inserter. I don't have a reason why this should be the case, as from what I can see from the manuals it should work. I can only guess that there is some incompatibility in the audio stream format that the audio inserter produces.

I've just ordered another type of HDMI audio inserter, so we'll see if I have any more success with that one.

Kind regards,

Francis

Amiga 1200 with Apollo IceDrake
Amiga 1222+ with RadeonRX 550
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@dfstudios

Thanks for the test and the confirmation that it is possible to get sound via HDMI connection.

Let me know if your new setup works, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Maijestro

Congrats on your new Amiga!. I got my X5000 last year after many years of emulating, so I can relate to the feeling. I was also planning to show in on a youtube channel, but unfortunately life events got in the way.

Maybe soon though.

Is your channel already up? If so what is the name, so I can check it out.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@livebyfaith74

Quote:
livebyfaith74 wrote:@Maijestro
Maybe soon though.

Is your channel already up? If so what is the name, so I can check it out.

The YouTube channel I'm currently running has been around since I got involved with Qemu and AmigaOs4.1, so for about 2 years. In the beginning I just wanted to play around with the emulation

The interest in AmigaOs4.1 grew over time and so I set up a nice system and also bought additional software for it. Qemu/Pegasos2 is really a very good and mature emulation and I will continue to use it.

It's not that I never had NG hardware, a very long time ago I had an AmigaOneXE in my possession, but had to sell this machine again because money was tight. Today the situation is completely different.

The x5000 is really a power monster with AmigaOs4.1, but unfortunately a bit too big for me, I like small setups and when I found out about the A1222plus and how small this computer is, my lights went out and I just had to buy it

What I actually wanted to write is that Qemu was the reason why I bought NG hardware with AmigaOs4.1 again.

Let's have a quick look at my YouTube channel, it shows how Qemu has evolved in just under 2 years and will also show the A1222plus with AmigaOs4.1 in the future. I currently have information that my new hardware will be delivered next week.

Sorry for the long text, you can access my channel from here if you don't know it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUTJOGYJxS1Ggx4foQTklXw

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

I've always liked your enthusiasm.
And I'm glad you chose to buy real 4.1 hardware.

But apart from all the excitement about qemu is the various options available for it.
An emulated graphics card or a driver for a real video card (PCI passthrough) is always missing.
WinUAE still remains the best choice in many aspects.

Here you can see the 4.1 with the CVisionPPC graphics card with 1gb of ram and EmotionPlayer working without problems.
as always Toni is not interested in delving deeper into CVisionPPC
but it is only a starting point for those who will probably want to carry on their work in the future.

here my video WinUAE+CVisionPPC AmigaOS 4.1 update 1&2

https://we.tl/t-uzaMsLtLtB

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
WinUAE+CVisionPPC

here quake 18.2 fps
it actually reaches 27 fps
but the software used for recording is resource hungry

https://we.tl/t-1e3sQF79CE

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@white
Quote:
An emulated graphics card or a driver for a real video card (PCI passthrough) is always missing.
PCI(e) passthrough doesn't need special drivers, the AmigaOS 4.1 gfx drivers are of course working if you have a compatible gfx card installed, for example geennaam got QEmu working with a passed through Radeon HD gfx card.

For emulated gfx WinUAE is of course much better than QEmu. QEmu only supports 16 bit 2D SM50x emualtion with small resolutions, WinUAE supports partially HW accelerated (DirectX) 2D 32 bit UHD resolutions with uaegfx.card, 3D Voodoo3 emulation with the 3dfxVoodoo.chip driver for 3D software/games, emulation of several other classic Amiga gfx cards as well as OCS/ECS/AGA emulation.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

I am very interested in (PCI passthrough) but I don't see the slightest trace on the forum of any guide or open post on the subject.
This would interest me a lot.

Or a video about this PCI passthrough would be interesting.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »