Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 127

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »
MPlayer 1.5 released!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Marry XMas to all of you!

After several months of development we are pleased to present the first public release candidate of MPlayer 1.5 ... the initial aim of the project was to try implementing support for va.library (VAAPI) providing hardware video decoding and of possibly reunify all the main features of the previous scattered releases, from the ancient one from Andrea, up to the most recent versions from LiveForIt and MickJT.

As often happens in projects of this size, anieay things then evolved a little differently, the various features were now unified, making our version certainly the most complete (yes, no more different versions to download to choose which one to use based on your needs) but the video acceleration project has currently been postponed for a later date!

However, this gave us time to implement a lot of new features and solve a large number of bugs that had accumulated over the years, as well as obviously allowing us to merge with the latest SVN version of the main branch of MPlayer and FFmpeg 6.0

There are many people to thank, Javier de las Rivas for the bulk of the work on the code and for his enormous patience in solving a massive number of bugs, Marek for managing the collection of new changes, as well as for having implemented some code himself (I am thinking of the iconification function for example), to MickJT for several fixes and obviously for providing us his updated code, to Joerg for his newest Amiga video driver based to p96, to Guillaume Boesel for the implementation of the MenuClass, for the AISS icons in the menus and other small graphically appealing things, to Mason for the iconsets and the banner and finally in small way also me to managed the project by put the various piece toghter, making small corrections here and there, minor changes to the source, added new video/audio formats into the EXPATTERN and finally the re-implementation of the AmiUpdate support.. i learned a lot from you all, thank you guys!

The archive is currently available in the upload section of os4depot, download it while it's hot!

Here is the complete changelog:

MPlayer 1.5 (MPlayer 1.5) - MickJT, Marek, Javier and Samo79 (25.12.2023)
* Based on MPlayer 1.5 SVN-r38440 (FFmpeg 6.0)
From now on, the AmigaOS4 release will follow the official versioning scheme!
* Compiled with GCC 11.3 + LTO (currently compiled with optimisation -O2)
* Added support for append, now dragging more than one file will append them
* Added support for AmiUpdate (yes again!)
* Added amiga video output (a new modern P96 video output written by Jörg Strohmayer!)
* Added video's path in all availible video outputs (show file path in MPlayer window)
* Added more audio/video formats in ASL requester and reorder them alphabetically
* Added gadgets for iconification and fullscreen in all availible video outputs
* Added "Iconify" option menu to iconify MPlayer from menu
* Added "Open subtitles" option menu to load the subtitles from MPlayer
* Added "Unload subtitles" option menu to unload the subtitles from MPlayer
* Added "Subtitles size" option menu to increase/decrease the size of the subtitles
* Added "Properties" option menu to show informations about the video playing
* Added "MPlayer-GUI" option menu to open MPlayer-GUI from MPlayer
* Added catalogs for French, German, Polish, Russian and Spanish
(Credits: zzd10h, Maijestro, Marek, Samo79 and Javier)
* Fixed support for AppWindow, now drag and drop of files over AmiDock really works
* Fixed external windows problems when opening on fullscreen
* Fixed crash on AltiVec version if launched on non AltiVec CPUs
* Fixed crash on quit in the GL video outputs
* PIP: Added support for menu
* Disabled some more debug outputs that were printing to shell
* MPlayer can now be controlled with the Exchanger commodity (Show, Hide and Quit)
* Separation of video outputs for SM502 G4 vo_sdl_sm502.c
(Useful in QEMU emulation)
* Made screen/window titles standard in all availible video outputs
* Made drag and drop standard in all availible video outputs
* Improved RegisterApplication support
* New banner and iconsets (thx Mason!)
* A lot of bugfixes and code cleanup

MPlayer 1.0.2 (MPlayer 1.4) - MickJT & Guillaume "zzd10h" Boesel - Internal release
* Based on MPlayer 1.4 (FFmpeg 4.1)
* Added missing VCD AmigaOS4 specific support from the older port
* P96_pip: Properly fix of distorted videos with some resolutions
* Comp_yuv2: Allow driver to be used with RadeonRX.chip
* Stay paused if using MPlayer-GUI and paused outside of it ^ Yet to be added in (*bugged)
* Modifications by zzd10h:
- Added MenuClass support if available (AmigaOS 4.1 FE required)
- Added AISS images to MenuClass if available (TBIMAGES: assign required)
- Added locale/catalogs support
- Added Italian catalog (Samo79)
- Added GCC version in InfoWindow about window
- Added __GNUC__ and #if HAVE_ALTIVEC in version.sh
- Use of MenuImageSize environment variable to specify AISS picture size (SETENV SAVE MenuImageSize 16)
- Use of AEon InfoWindow class for the about window, if available
- Use of environment variable Disable_Banner_Images to disable about window banner (SETENV SAVE Disable_Banner_Images 1)
- Reenable AppWindow support to handle drop of files over the icon (^ Yet to be fixed)
- Fixed new about window crash and avoid multiple openings
- When a window is still opened, trying to open another window or quit MPlayer will blinks the screen
- PrintMsg timeout is now set to 15 seconds instead of 10 seconds
- MSG_Requester_Title_About for InfoWindow about window
- Menu shortcuts modifications

Go to top
Re: MPlayer 1.5 released!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Thanks to all involved!

Merry Christmas!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thannks to all involved for all the hard work!
It's great to have all the mplayer version consolidated and updated!
Merry Christmas to all.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79
Quote:
* Added amiga video output (a new modern P96 video output written by Jörg Strohmayer!)
New? Not really
It's probably even older, but the file date of the last version of my vo_amiga.c I found was 30.04.2014.
IIRC I implemented it for MPlayer version 0.9 or 1.0, glad you got something working out of this mess even with current MPlayer versions.
It's useless for current hardware, the PIP/overlay parts were only supported by some ancient gfx cards like Merlin, Voodoo 3/4/5, ATI R100/R200, etc. and current gfx cards no longer support PIP/overlay, but the 16 bit RGB part of it (-vo amiga:mode=3 in my versions) might still be usable for 16 bit only gfx cards like the SM502: A Sam460ex without gfx card and QEmu.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

It's useless for current hardware, the PIP/overlay parts were only supported by some ancient gfx cards like Merlin, Voodoo 3/4/5, ATI R100/R200, etc. and current gfx cards no longer support PIP/overlay, but the 16 bit RGB part of it (-vo amiga:mode=3 in my versions) might still be usable for 16 bit only gfx cards like the SM502: A Sam460ex without gfx card and QEmu.

It actually works with "-vo amiga:mode=3" and MPlayer 1.5 but leads to a slightly higher CPU load when playing videos compared to the sdl_sm502/comp or wpa output.

Resized Image

I would also like to thank the entire MPlayer team for this new version of MPlayer.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

Thank you all for another great release!
Works perfect on my X5000. VA enabled would be very nice as well, but as mentioned on the roadmap..

Keep up the good work.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks, team!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Nice work! Thanks to the team!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Well done.

A few questions how did you get AltVec compiled binaries to link with none AltiVec compiled binaries. this why was two versions of MPlayer, the main place use AltiVec was copy routine, but there also used in Video codec, was that part converted into plugins?

Different part of code is compiled in depending on defines used, basically output code should be different depending on switches used.

#if defined(__altivec__)
// THIS ALTIVEC CODE IS COMPILED IN TO EXECUTABLE
#else
// THIS NORMAL C/C++ CODE IS COMPILED IN TO EXECUTABLE
#endif

In this cases, you get two different binary files, depending on the compiler switches.
only G4 and PA6T CPU’s have AltiVec, anything else, does not.

This are compiled time switches, they are not run time switches.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2023/12/25 17:35:38
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Great Christmas present - thank you!-)

Has anyone been able to run Mplayer-Gui with this new version succesfully? M-Gui crashes ('8000 0003') every time I try (X5000).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Merry Xmas and thank you very much to the entire team!

Petrol.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just tested it on my x5000 setup and it works fine! For now I did not have any crash or something like that.

Merry Christmas to whole team.

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
It's probably even older, but the file date of the last version of my vo_amiga.c I found was 30.04.2014.
IIRC I implemented it for MPlayer version 0.9 or 1.0, glad you got something working out of this mess even with current MPlayer versions.

In 2014 we were already at version 1.0, I think LiveForIt was already working on it.
This vo_amiga.c is however more recent and complete than the old p96 outputs we had before (P96PIP and PIP).

The only thing we haven't managed to implement yet is the fullscreen :-/

Quote:
It's useless for current hardware, the PIP/overlay parts were only supported by some ancient gfx cards like Merlin, Voodoo 3/4/5, ATI R100/R200, etc.

It's not useless, it's only a driver for older graphics cards... not everyone has the possibility to install RadeonHD/RX graphics cards on their Amiga ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Gregor

Our version of MPlayer should work with MPlayer-GUI 1.61.
The only known issue was that in MPlayer 1.5 not all video drivers were shown in the list.. there was a limit of viewable video outputs which has now been resolved ..
A new version should be availible soon though

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Gregor

Hi
The list of changes is always dry data.
Here in the video you can see how to use the mplayer icon in amidock to play videos.
In most cases you no longer need the mplayer-gui.
You just need to know which video output works best for you.
I have a QEMU Pegasos 2 and use the preferred video output for me.
You need to set your own.

I hope this will be useful for you

*It may take a while to set up mplayer for the first time . A database of available fonts is being built up.

https://streamable.com/ccib1j

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

We still have two different binaries, one compiled for machines that support AltiVec, and another one (generic) that will work everywhere.... the only thing we have fixed is that if you now try to run an AltiVec executable on a CPU that doesn't support it, we now have a simple alert requester instead of a crash

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

There are also problems with the new Mplayer 1.5 version and YT.rexx/Odyssey to Guru when streaming from YouTube.

Can anybody confirm this?

I recorded the log to better understand what caused the crash.

Log: https://paste.ofcode.org/HZ2mrSihNwffPMzGQkDrUr

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/12/25 21:30:41
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Maijestro
If you have the opportunity check the versions on openssl.
No one has previously reported problems with amissl

https://github.com/smarkusg/mplayer/re ... .5-RC2/MP15RC2-hotfix.zip

Edited by smarkusg on 2023/12/27 21:07:52
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@smarkusgQuote:
smarkusg wrote:@Maijestro
If you have the opportunity check the versions on openssl.
No one has previously reported problems with amissl

This is probably because very few people use Yt.rexx with Odyssey when playing YouTube videos.

AmiSSL is up to date and the problem still exists with the Os4Depot 1.5 version. I just want to point this out.

I only noticed the error with the Os4Depot version, testing different versions is a bit complicated, so I concentrated on the published release on Os4Depot. But it should also be reproducible on real machines.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Maijestro
Thank you very much for your time
I don't use YT or aiostreams so I wasn't able to check it. Versions were given but there were so many that maybe something was missed.I also have multiple versions of Mplayer and a new branch of FFmpeg 6.1.
I installed aiostreams and opened the reported error on QEMU.
Thanks again for your work.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

If anyone had a similar error please check the one given in the attachment above.

In addition to the solution given earlier : Amidock mplayer
https://streamable.com/ccib1j

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »