Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Sam 460 LE news
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi! all just wondering if there is any news on the replacement parts and when will Acube recommence delivery of the next batch of boards.

Go to top
Re: Sam 460 LE news
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Have tried finding out, but unfortunately no news since the one posted on January 19th. Hopefully they'll provide an update soon.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@bigmac

new ethernet chips arrived and were sent to the factory to replace the defective ones

Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl, Soft3
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@3m3x

Great news nice to hear.
Cheers

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@m3x

Thanks for the update!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@m3x

Thanks for the update!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Latest Acube news.

We are pleased to announce that, finally, after all the delays we suffered, all the remaining Sam460LE boards were delivered to us from the assembly line, and we are finalizing the QA and functional tests.

After all the stress tests for every board are completed, we will start shipping the boards to customers.

We plan to start shipping at the end of next week.

Thanks again for your patience.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
That's great news, Bigmac! Thanks for sharing!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi All,

Has there been any further update on the remaining preorders following the replacement ethernet chips and/or has anyone received their SAM460LE following the last update?

I have tried to contact Acube but have been met with silence, I have equally tried to request a cancellation with them but again no reply.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Check spam folder, they always replied to me, sometimes just later.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Taddy

Please send me your email address by PM, thanks !

Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl, Soft3
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bigmac

We are still testing/sending for preorder customers.
We always answer emails, even if it takes some time for us to answer. Please check in your spam folder too.
Also we always inform our customers when we ship, so there is no need to ask for some news. We have a list of orders and we process them one by one.

Thanks for your patience.

The ACube Systems team

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@m3x

I have sent you a PM, with the hope that we can get this resolved as despite numerous promises - with the last one being that I would get my refund by the 21st (end of the week), this has yet to happen . Please can you follow up on this.

On 16 May 2023, at 16:43, ACube Systems s.r.l. <info@acube-systems.com> wrote:

Hi xxxx,
I’ll refund you before end of this week.

Best Regards,
Enrico Vidale
www.acube-systems.biz

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So sad to hear about these delays due to broken network chips.
Realizing hardware projects and producing small batches of hardware has become tremendously harder nowadays for small companies and they all have to face big problems like very long delivery times or inaccurate or wrong implemetation of the specifications at the suppliers. While the engineering is mostly excellent, you have to be very patient and pain resistant to have the final product ready to send to the eagerly waiting customers...
Nevertheless, I'm really looking forward for future projects like the partnership with A-EON for the A1222 Plus.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@skygecko It was definitely a shame to hear about the network chips and I completely understand that these delays happen.

I was one of the people who bought the AAA Tabor pack and I am still eagerly awaiting and looking forward to the A1222 - I have also historically bought cases and key caps from a1200.net, Vampires, MiniMig 1.9 and plenty more ‘speciality’ tech with long (sometimes very long - I’m looking at you again A1222!) - development/production/delivery times.

One of the differences in this case is I have paid close to 900Euro and all communications seem to have run dry - the last official update was on 3/6 nearly 3 months ago where we were told that replacement chips had arrived and that they planned to start shipping end of the next week.

It goes without saying that I appreciate all the work that these companies do to help keep our small Amiga community alive but I just wish they would know that one of most important things in business is communication. If I had an update, even if not the news I’d like to hear, it would still be better than radio silence.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Taddy
my communication with ACube was allways perfect. Not only about Sam460LE, but also about some technical details not concerns sold goods.
I am sorry that yours has delay. I hope it will get better. Today I receive message that my Sam is on the way!

P.S: and I also have AAA Tabor pack This case will be much more complex than Sam...

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top

Register To Post