Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 114

FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Tutorial : How to install Warp3DNova, Bridge, MiniGL, Ogles2, and WarpOS emu
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TiredOfLife
Hans fixed it in RadeonRX 2.12, hope soon will be avail through updater

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Tutorial : How to install Warp3DNova, Bridge, MiniGL, Ogles2, and WarpOS emu
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Nice one.
Thanks again.

Cheers

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TiredOfLife

Seems 2.11 of the Radeon Rx driver also stopped Reborn to Castle Wolfenstein from working.

Reverted back to 2.08 and everything now working as it should.

Cheers

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TiredOfLife
Yeah, mostly nothing "big" worked. Hans already fixed in all in 2.12, and i wrote Mattew today if he can released 2.12 on Updater. So for now only wait when Mattew will do so.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

In my tests:

Wipeout (Sam460 ok - X5000 ok)
Aquaria (Sam460 ok - X5000 ok)
Heretic2 (Sam460 ok - X5000 while trying to load intro video - maybe I should rename bumper.spk )
Freespace2 (Sam460 ok - X5000 ok)

Doom3 OS4 Port works fine (so no harm done to Warp3D Nova apps:)

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Sinan
Some maybe works, but at least Spencer, MaceDefence not with 2.11 on sam460, and from my ports tested only HCraft it also didn't works.

Hope Mattew will put 2.12 into updater asap

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@SinanSam460

It's working fine for you because you're using an X5000. The problem only affected platforms without GART support like the Sam460.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

At least Spencer runs on my sam 460 and rx560. You have to set the screen id sync from sys/prefs. It runs at 1024x768 for me with the demo.

Greetings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
Any chance of an explanation of which hardware you need for which software features to work? e.g. Which graphics cards (and possibly Amiga motherboards) do you need for Video Acceleration Library (hardware video decoding), and for the best 3D features?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

The best for everything is X5000 and RadeonRX. So to not have any issues and have all at maximum speed.

Then next one will be X1000 also with RadeonRX: it will be a little bit slower than X5000, but still fine enough. Also X1000's firmware didn't see RadeonRX, so you need to do some tricks to be able to use RadeonRX on.

And at the end, there is Sam460. That one also have issues with it's firmware and can't see RadeonRX until AmigaOS not loads. This also lead to some tricks to do, but in end it works too. And if all you need is hardware acceleration video decoding, then Sam460 will be ok. But if you want all the 3d games we have lately, then sam460 out as too slow. Things works, but just a bit too slow to be fun. That probably because sam460 have problems with cache coherence, and because of that drivers for Sam460 do not have GART support.

In other words, X5000 + RadeonRX the best option for everythin. X1000 is ok too, just have some issues with firmaware, and last one sam460, where 3d games mostly out of question, but hardware video acceleration is ok.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

This is all fantastic information!

Quick question.. based on the guide, and the comments, I just want to make sure I have it all figured out... I am thinking about replacing my big R9 270X card with something smaller and a bit newer... So..

If I buy an RX 550, and do a completely clean install, should this work? (I have an X5000)

1. Install clean AmigaOS 4.1FE (X5000 version)
2. Install AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2.
3. Install Enhancer 2.2 (I already own this).
4. Install New NovaBridge (I would need to purchase this).
5. Install recommended libraries for older software (can't remember names, in the install guide...

Should that work? That should get me 100% current?

Thanks!

-Eric

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello,
is there already any news in the direction of version 2.12 for the Radeon RX.?

Greetings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Can confirm everything now working with v2.12 of the driver on Sam460.

Cheers

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@slygon

Quote:
If I buy an RX 550, and do a completely clean install, should this work? (I have an X5000)
No need to reinstall everything (this is not Windows ), just make sure the RadeonRX.chip is in Kickstart and a line pointing to it is present in the KickLayout file.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Thanks! I am also replacing my hard drive.. old one is starting to make noise.. I am sure it will fail eventually... so just trying to figure out the best, and most efficient way to get all the latest, and correct drivers.

Thanks!

-Eric

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks Roman! Holy shit I thought everyhting was working fine until I tried running Voxel Bird for this months gaming competition and I couldn't see the damn birdie?? Went through the steps here and now working fine BUT damn what's a new user supposed to do with all this driver mess when us old timers don't have a clue

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Just wanted to say: thank you for the guide.

I got a little lost at some point and I guess I never really needed to play Warp3D stuff except on rare occasions.

It is useful for development/porting to test stuff and it supports the development anyway, so I bought it - even though I bought the SI driver a long time ago: fair enough.

I wonder if we should consider pinning these threads/guides somehow.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the tutorial!

Being French-speaking, thank you Google translate, I had to reread several times to finally get Warp3DNova to work correctly!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Perhaps can also install old StormMesa for 68k 3D games to run on OS4
But I am not sure if they would run anyway on OS4...

https://aminet.net/package/util/libs/StormMesa2010

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Hi, is there any repository where to find the compiled re-warp libraries

ReWarp: https://github.com/Sakura-IT/ReWarp
ReWarp3DPPC: https://github.com/Sakura-IT/ReWarp3DPPC

the links are broken.

I tried aminet and os4depot but "powerpc.library" does not give any results.

As an alternative, is there a tutorial somewhere on how to compile the libraries? I have no faintest idea where to start.
Before posting, I read the spot's porting for dummies, but I'm too dumb even for that.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »