Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Amigaworld.net what is going on over there?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Thank You for the offer. So integrated in the house, (music,big screen, pc (sorry) both share Logitech kb etc.

Easier if You send me the newer OS5 and up to date net program;)

2000e bought for a virus free net system.

-------------------------------

Jokes aside. Really put tens of xxx to this and waited for Years for a new comming. Still Hoping The Best.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:
Are you sure?!? I thought they owned Amiga.org not AmigaWorld: http://www.amiga.org/

They purchased both.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

Quote:
Yes, but instead of searching for the occasional gem among the chaff, I prefer to read amiga-news.de - their coverage of all things Amiga is wonderful.

You'll still miss things. Due to limited man-power, their coverage of shows like AmiWest are generally limited to summarizing what A-EON Technology (i.e., Matthew & Trevor) presented. Presentations from others get no attention, so you'll miss things such as ZitaSync and ZitaFS. There's a better chance of news posted to my company blog & mailing list being posted on amiga-news.de, but it's not guaranteed.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans
you are right. I am reading amiga-news.de and I am totally missed your ZitaFS. It looks great and I added myself to mailing list.

But, I am also missed this info on Amigaworld, because there is a majority of junk posts, so I make always a very quick look for new topics only.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Fair enough.

A variety of subjects is fine but they need to be in their proper places. However, most threads end up changing into off topic discussions. That's just how the conversation of discussion evolves. I wouldn't complain there as I get involved in that as well.

It does look a bit downhill when threads start to appear for the purpose of insulting others. Especially now. I can see a landslide appearing here.

Not only news but ads are broken as well. If Vox's X1000 was only advertised on AW.net you'd still be waiting to buy it! Ha.

I think people like Vox and others should be reinstated. There's people that have 10 or 20 years bans which is ridiculous. Especially given the current state of affairs.

I wasn't aware A/EON owned it. Perhaps that explains lack of maintenance. There aren't many blank pages.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Amigaworld now is AmigaTroll, and all the people know who that troll is, writing negative post, insults, or humiliates people; because you can to have a problem with other Amiga fan, but this Troll is with all Amiga fans excepting who laughs at the jokes.
Curiously the owner is A-Eon but they don't remove his account even when he insults Mr. Dickinson.
Now AmigaTroll is the worst Amiga's fan forum.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Templario

Your ideas are good and aprobables but my thinking is that the bad overpass and don't comment...the good emphasize and enjoy!!! That's the Amiga spirit I think.

Good to see you here Templar of Palentinian Steel...And this is for sailor: Hammerfall - Templars Of Steel (melodic Heavy Metal as it best)

I am glad to see your post sailor...We rule!!! Take care of your endeavors (draining garden,Amiga?)

Glad to see great people here not only you Templario and sailor!!!

WE RULE THE NIGHT!!!

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor

Sure sailor.I only searched or encountered amiga-news.de for a very fews times but my impression was fairly good.

Anyway what I want to ask is what's Zita for AOS 3.x or 4.x

Thanks sailor from Chech Republic.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex
I have to defend friend MEGA, he is a symptom of the problem, not the cause. Threads were derailed into endless arguments between the same few people long before his appearance.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili

What, this troll has been damaging the forum for years, and I don't think harassing people is a solution due to the lack of moderators.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Templario

Your english is good not better than others but good anyway.

Keep it up!!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Templario
So you say aw.net was fine before he appeared? Give me a break.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BSziliQuote:
BSzili wrote:@Templario
So you say aw.net was fine before he appeared?

what

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I feel like something is lost in translation, because I never said anything like "harassing people is the solution to the lack of moderation". I'm not exactly a wordsmith, there's no need to read between the lines. I say what I mean and I mean what I say.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BSzili
That forum is it is true that it was bad but since the appearance of Troll that forum it's not bad anymore it's worse, only is negative, now the first thing fans who want to publicize a project receive is harassment from the Troll, if we call that humor, well, nothing, it's like saying Putin in the Ukraine wants to play a joke on Zelensky, and how badly he took it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
About the Troll and this a personal opinion, is that I though behind the Troll "MEGA" is Mr. Dickinson, because been the owner of site A-Eon, with all the negative energy, even the personal attacks against Mr. Dickinson, the forum continues, the Troll continues, nothing change and neither will change.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Templario

Quote:
this a personal opinion, is that I though behind the Troll "MEGA" is Mr. Dickinson

Interesting theory, but I doubt Trevor Dickinson would find the time to write all these posts

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
You can check that theory by comparing the post hours and the hours New Zealand sleeps :D

But in any way, our concern should be how to keep this forum as great as possible. Please use the feedback forum to send ideas and problems and we will try to implement them. And also, think about how we could share more of what we do here with others.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Probably, the reason amigaworld.net has all these problems is that they have much more traffic, with people with generic interests in the Amiga ecosystem. We do not have that, as we are more focused on the AmigaOS 4.

A not-so-accurate comparison, but gives an idea:
https://www.similarweb.com/website/ami ... s/amigaworld.net/#traffic

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Also due to the lack of moderation amigaworld.net attracted people who got banned from other forums for various reasons. This helped to create the current forum culture over there.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »