Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 99

daveyw, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: Are AmigaKit still selling X5000 machines?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
Do you still have the sources for some (all) of your AmigaOS4.x work?
I should still have all sources, even if some of them are only on DVD backups stored on the attic.
But everything really import is additionally stored on backups on USB flash drives and at least 2 independent online servers.

Quote:
And do you think about
a) selling them to AEon
Everything important should already be included in the Enhancer Software. But I'll never ever sell any AmigaOS source code licences again, only binary ones.

Quote:
b) joining AEon to further develop your work
I don't have the time for that, currently the only thing I can, and will, do is fixing bugs in the current versions, but no major new features.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique
Quote:
So does all this mean that there won't be any more os4 verions/updates at all?
None from Hyperion, at least no legal ones.
There still will be be updates from A-EON ("Enhancer Software"), in worst case not even labelled "AmigaOS" or "AmigaOne", but compatible to AmigaOS 4.x.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Ok, so CDFS is not part of the Enhancer bug tracker (just checked), but maybe you can answer a quick question?

Using CDFileSystem 53.8 (20.10.2019) here.

I've encountered (for now) three (rather recent) audio cds which seem to be read wrong (or handled wrong, dunno), but work fine when used with windows/linux.

That is, if i try to play them from their raw audio data or rip them, some (upto all) of the tracks, suffering from extensive static noise up to the point where they aren't audible as music tracks.

Would that be a bug in CDFileSystem or another component?

Thank you (If you're interested in examining i'd be able to even send you one of the "broken" cds, maybe all three, maybe, if that's sufficient an .iso?)

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Antique
As much as I know there are still updates by os4 developers beta tested. Now, when those will be released, I can't be sure.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
Using CDFileSystem 53.8 (20.10.2019) here.
Don't know what that is, the last legal updates of CDFileSystem, i.e. done by me before I revoked the licence and deleted the sources from the OS4 SVN, should be from around 2011 (+/- 1-2 years).
Looks like the illegally restored sources on the OS4 SVN, very likely with all copyright comments from me removed, of CDFS weren't only used for the AmigaOS 3.1.x/3.2.x releases but illegal AmigaOS 4.1 updates as well.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Sorry

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ joerg

As I never saw your contract, I obviously can't judge your assertions. Why didn't you just get in touch with Tim or myself while we were in charge to try to clarify and maybe even remedy the situation? Instead you removed code from the SVN way beyond what you might have rights to without any notice and went silent for the last 7 or so years .. as I said, we tried to remedy every dispute as much as we could, but this doesn't work one way and when I asked you specifically about PartitionWizard, you clearly told me you have no interest in clarifying the situation and didn't even mention other things. So you had all means to get this resolved together with us. You've opted against it and instead complain now after years again in forums.

Looking at the CDFS log shows that you contributed lots of work, but contrary to what you say, there were - besides the original 3.1 CDFS base code of course - quite some additions and changes done by others .. Olaf, Fredrick, Sebastian, even myself and others. Thats why I said, it is not simply a matter of black and white and you oversimplify things if you make it look like that.

Quote:
4.1 FE was released about 6 months after I revoked all AmigaOS 4.x licences

Interesting... when I suggested Final Edition to the principal shareholder and "managing partner" back then (who is in charge now again), I was not told about any license issues. I was only a developer back then and license issues of Hyperions product were not part of my job description anyway, so I did Final Edition. Afterwards, when I got basically forced to become a Hyperion director to prevent it from going bankrupt, the previous "managing partner" was still the principal shareholder and legal counsel, who got consulted about everything. Nothing even remotely contractual related was done by Tim or me without the clear OK from the legal counsel. So obviously, there exists totally different understandings of the contracts.

AmigaOS 4 core developer
www.os4welt.de - Die deutsche AmigaOS 4 Gemeinschaft

"In the beginning was CAOS.."
-- Andy Finkel, 1988 (ViewPort article, Oct. 1993)
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Cyborg

Since your sig shows that you are still an AmigaOS4 core dev, may i ask what the situation is now?

Are there AmigaOS4 updates planned (to the public, not just the beta crowd)?
Is there still a roadmap towards a full release (whatever it may be called)?
How many of you are there still (officially and unofficially)?

Thank you

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cyborg

Quote:
I was not told about any license issues.

Surely you and Tim know by now there is a difference between someone lying vs simply not offering the truth?

No Sig
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
-

Edited by joerg on 2022/4/6 18:25:12
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg
@Cyborg

sigh...bridges burning...again

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
xxxx

Edited by OlafS3 on 2022/3/29 21:39:59
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Some of you there just want to discuss all over and over the same issues ?

Don't just give them a shit, and enjoy what we have ?

Better place imho for all that depressing crap is on AW.net, no ? I mean, some ppls contribute only in that thread, and never in others (as have no interest about os4, just seems love to talk about dirty stuff).

All tht baby-cry-depression always with OS4, so nothing new, forget it all, and enjoy what you have right now.

I start to fear, that after AW.net start to be a unmoderated shit-place, some ppls want to drag that crap there , hope to be wrong.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

So far, I think it has highlighted a different aspect of the issue around AmigaOS4. And we avoided the same old same old, and I agree, the other issues are boring, none productive and does add anything to this, I hope any issues can be sorted out, but fear some work need to be replace parts that unavailable, or in dispute. Its not good idea to buy prebuilt binaries from unmotivated developer, that’s for sure. Luckily CD filesystem is not need to boot on Sam4x0 and X5000, not sure its possible to boot from usb on X1000.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2022/3/29 23:11:06
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@number6

Thanks for coming and posting in Amigans.

We were missing your pot stirring, troll baiting, hypocritical
'your secrecy has served you so well' BS.

But your fanning the flames of conspiracy theories for the sake
of your giddy amusement is tireseome, discouraging and utterly
unproductive.

Maybe it's just too much?

Maybe you should go back to peddling your wares on AW?

meh

PJS

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e,
thanks.

I know, this is very painful theme, not solved yet. Many things are happened, some wrong and unfair.

But please, is it possible to discuss it by email or private messages? Please, PLEASE...

Such things are unsolvable via public forum.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
On a brighter note. I no longer need AmigaKit to sell me an X5000 since I bought have just received one today.

The booting time is seriously quick. I love it so far, but I also completely love my X1000: it is quite a solid machine with no issues.

I got this X5000 as a back up. The only issue is that I really like the Fractal Design R4 white case I have on my X1000. I might get another one for this X5000. The real reason I wanted another X machine was for a backup! Though, it may be strange to have an X5 as a backup for an X1.

In anycase, having both is so great.

I was obsessed with my classic machine for many years and I have quite a lot of expensive classic gear and a number of classic machine converted into towers. But, since I got the X1000 I just fell in love the NG machines.

With all the fighting that goes on (in fairness, there is not THAT much), I feel lucky that I have not been through the turmoil of AmigaOS4 etc in the past decade(s). To me, the OS 4 and NG machines is all new. I guess some people would be envious of my niave position.

In anycase, I am loving it. My opinion so far is that: if I was not a developer in nature, I probably would not find a great deal of use for these machine. I would class them as developer machines, but I know that this is not the case for everyone. There are no doubt many users who love NG and are not interested in development. That is just a personal opinion.

All I can say is: I am loving it.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

There is at least one more kind of people...users who are interested in developing, but couldn't code their way out of a paper bag...counting myself to them makes, *1*, so far

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rjd324

Congratulations

---
redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@pjsQuote:
pjs wrote:@number6

Thanks for coming and posting in Amigans.

We were missing your pot stirring, troll baiting, hypocritical
'your secrecy has served you so well' BS.

But your fanning the flames of conspiracy theories for the sake
of your giddy amusement is tireseome, discouraging and utterly
unproductive.

Maybe it's just too much?

Maybe you should go back to peddling your wares on AW?

meh

PJS

I know right almost as bad as making false accusations against people.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »