Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
76 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 76

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: Should I expect better video playback performance? (Southern Islands / X1000 Updates)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Skateman

There is support with the newer RadeonHD drivers .

Quote:
Skateman wrote:If i recall correct the powersettings panel is only for the RX cards.

Go to top
Re: Should I expect better video playback performance? (Southern Island/X1000 Updates)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mr2

Don't think so .
May have to wait till the latest stuff is released for a non-Beta tester to do so.

Quote:
mr2 wrote:@Spectre660

Does anyone test it on SAM440?

Go to top
Re: Should I expect better video playback performance? (Southern Island/X1000 Updates)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@thread

In regard to my post #36 asking about license, nevermind.

I see there are new X5000 systems listed in several places for sale with license now.

Quote:
Following a new agreement with A-Eon / Trevor Dickinson

It might help if someone officially announces and confirms this please.

Edit: corrected post number reference

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
This thread is hilarious!!

The faithfull are still cheering for the hometeam on the grandstand in front of Hyperion HQ. And while you can hear the Crickets singing in Hyperion HQ and watch tumbleweeds slowly passing by on the parking lot. They are still boo'ing and throwing cans of beer towards the grandstand of Aeon.
"How dare you to progress to a point that it cannot run on top of a bare OS4 anymore", the angry mobs shouts. "Just wait and watch the tumbleweeds pass by like us"!!!. Replacing software that is stuck in the 80s with 21 century software for 21 century hardware is work of the devil!!! Yes, we want your commercial software, yes, we know that it is a best seller when you reach 50 sales. But still we demand discounts!! Or even better, hand over your commercial software to Hyperion for free. We want your software, but we just don't want you. Because we only cheer for the hometeam.
And release the d#mn Tabor, because than we can be angry at you why you didn't deliver Aos4 for it like promised!! Oh, and we know that it was Hyperions task, but blame you anyways. Because that is what we do!! And no, we don't understand the reason for those replacement commands, because we don't want to. We just want to blame.

It took me half a year to realise that the death of AmigaOS4 is caused by the enemy from within. Those people, at nearly twice my age, using childish and pathetic words like MathyOS or Morphos2.0, are the final nail the AmigaOS4's coffin.

Go to top
Re: Should I expect better video playback performance? (Southern Islands / X1000 Updates)
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@geennaam
If that's the way you see it and that's what you believe, so be it. Just try to not separate people in camps. That's a mistake that is done by a lot of people, especially when they choose in their mind a camp.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@geennaam

Quote:
They are still boo'ing and throwing cans of beer towards the grandstand of Aeon.

I think you're being unfair, Harald. There's no factional fighting between a "Hyperion camp" and an "A-EON camp" because I don't believe Hyperion has any real supporters left to actually form a camp. They are stalling in the courts and killing OS4, and everybody knows it. You'd be wrong to think that someone has a prayer corner in their house to embrace the deads and teachings of Ben Hermans.

The reason why the A-EON grandstand receives the occasional beer can is because they lack in management and fail in user communication. They need to improve. That their own customers and supporters sometimes criticize them is healthy, and it's a clear evidence that there is no camp of blind followers. We've been through that already.

Quote:
It took me half a year to realise that the death of AmigaOS4 is caused by the enemy from within.

No, I don't believe this is the case. The death of AmigaOS4 is caused by the fact that there is no clear owner, leader, vision-setter and decision-maker.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

I don't feel like writing a long post a second time. If you want then use google translator and read my post where I make it clear which side the bad will is on.

http://forum.amigaone.pl/amigaos-f3/e ... -2-0-t1534-45.html#p15171

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sorry for my off topic response ...

While I have no love for Hyperion, I will only say that I currently require OS4 to make my system work.

I purchased my OS4 system in 2004. I am a regular user not a developer or a beta tester.

Current configuration ...
AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 2 (hotfix)
Plus some bits and pieces from Enhancer Software V1.5

Some day, I hope to have another system capable of using the software updates from Enhancer Software V2 and beyond.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2022/3/29 7:25:27
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@redfox
If I recall correctly, you have a microAmigaOne, right? Do not expect any support from A-Eon and Enhancer v54 for that machine, because it is not a target for them. If v54 works on that, that would be just a matter of luck.

Also, do not expect that the newer version of DVPlayer will work well on that machine because it is optimised for different gfx cards.

I have my microAmigaOne and I really enjoy using it and keeping it in a good shape. It reminds me of the times when some of us were optimistic for the future and this OS4 community had much fewer vultures and bad egos.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

Yes ... microAmigaOne and I enjoy using it.

And I am looking at other options.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2022/3/30 16:29:09
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mbrantley
Quote:
I have held off buying the newest DVPlayer or the more recent Enhancer release(s) until all the pieces are out and the prices and capabilities of the software are clear. What I'm hoping to achieve is 1080p or better full speed video playback on an X1000, and preferably using the more than capable Southern Islands cards I already own. ... Once it's clear what's being sold and for how much and that it's going to work as advertised, I'll be ready to buy into it

You pretty much summarise my position. There are too many separate components, it's not very clear which ones are need for acceleration of different software, nor whether some components require other components - nor what their hardware compatibility is. (Unless you've been closely following every single release as it occured, which I haven't as I have unfortunately been out of the loop.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Wow...wasn't expecting this good heated debate in this thread
Of course no one is happy with this legal mess YET AGAIN but I agree with many here that communication is key to us end users and not releasing stuff to us EVEN in beta is just ridiculous..I mean c'mon seriously just put a disclaimer that people can check before downloading and don't make us wait years and years

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
So, I appreciate all the leaps forward in playing high definition movies. Thank you for sure.

But, there is still an issue with MKV files, right? mp4, avi etc - no problem. Indeed, some MKV files work okay, but some are not playing well in either DvPlayer / Emotion (registered versions).

Just pointing it out. I can get the specific encoding information on request, but too lazy as I write this.

===
Scratch that,

here is the "mediainfo" for the particular file:
Complete name                            MyMovie2019.mkv
Format                                   
Matroska
Format version                           
Version 4
File size                                
2.00 GiB
Duration                                 
2 h 1 min
Overall bit rate                         
2 354 kb/s
Movie name                               
MyMovie.2019.HEVC.1080p.WEBRiP.AC3.x265-LEGi0N
Encoded date                             
UTC 2019-06-29 06:35:40
Writing application                      
mkvmerge v35.0.0 ('All The Love In The World'64-bit
Writing library                          
libebml v1.3.9 libmatroska v1.5.2

Video
ID                                       
Format                                   
HEVC
Format
/Info                              High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                           
Main@L5.1@High
Codec ID                                 
V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration                                 
2 h 1 min
Bit rate                                 
096 kb/s
Width                                    
1 920 pixels
Height                                   
080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     
16:9
Frame rate mode                          
Constant
Frame rate                               
23.976 (24000/1001FPS
Color space                              
YUV
Chroma subsampling                       
4:2:0
Bit depth                                
8 bits
Bits
/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.042
Stream size                              
1.78 GiB (89%)
Title                                    MyMovie.2019.HEVC.1080p.WEBRiP.AC3.x265-LEGi0N
Writing library                          
x265 2.9+1-169e76b6bbcc:[Windows][GCC 8.2.0][64 bit8bit+10bit+12bit
Encoding settings                        
cpuid=1049583 frame-threads=numa-pools=wpp no-pmode pme no-psnr no-ssim log-level=input-csp=input-res=1920x1080 interlace=total-frames=level-idc=51 high-tier=uhd-bd=ref=no-allow-non-conformance repeat-headers annexb aud no-hrd info hash=no-temporal-layers open-gop min-keyint=23 keyint=250 gop-lookahead=bframes=b-adapt=b-pyramid bframe-bias=rc-lookahead=15 lookahead-slices=scenecut=40 radl=no-intra-refresh ctu=64 min-cu-size=no-rect no-amp max-tu-size=32 tu-inter-depth=tu-intra-depth=limit-tu=rdoq-level=dynamic-rd=0.00 no-ssim-rd signhide no-tskip nr-intra=nr-inter=no-constrained-intra strong-intra-smoothing max-merge=limit-refs=no-limit-modes me=subme=merange=40 temporal-mvp weightp weightb no-analyze-src-pics deblock=-3:-sao no-sao-non-deblock rd=early-skip rskip fast-intra no-tskip-fast no-cu-lossless no-b-intra no-splitrd-skip rdpenalty=psy-rd=2.00 psy-rdoq=1.01 no-rd-refine no-lossless cbqpoffs=crqpoffs=rc=abr bitrate=2096 qcomp=0.60 qpstep=stats-write=stats-read=vbv-maxrate=160000 vbv-bufsize=160000 vbv-init=0.9 ipratio=1.30 pbratio=1.20 aq-mode=aq-strength=1.01 cutree zone-count=no-strict-cbr qg-size=64 no-rc-grain qpmax=69 qpmin=no-const-vbv sar=overscan=videoformat=range=colorprim=transfer=colormatrix=chromaloc=display-window=max-cll=0,min-luma=max-luma=255 log2-max-poc-lsb=vui-timing-info vui-hrd-info slices=no-opt-qp-pps no-opt-ref-list-length-pps no-multi-pass-opt-rps scenecut-bias=0.05 no-opt-cu-delta-qp aq-motion no-hdr no-hdr-opt no-dhdr10-opt no-idr-recovery-sei analysis-reuse-level=scale-factor=refine-intra=refine-inter=refine-mv=no-limit-sao ctu-info=no-lowpass-dct refine-mv-type=copy-pic=max-ausize-factor=1.0 no-dynamic-refine no-single-sei
Language                                 
English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   
No
Color range                              
Limited
Matrix coefficients                      
BT.709

Audio
ID                                       
Format                                   
AC-3
Format
/Info                              Audio Coding 3
Commercial name                          
Dolby Digital
Codec ID                                 
A_AC3
Duration                                 
2 h 1 min
Bit rate mode                            
Constant
Bit rate                                 
256 kb/s
Channel
(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel layout                           
L R
Sampling rate                            
44.1 kHz
Frame rate                               
28.711 FPS (1536 SPF)
Compression mode                         Lossy
Delay relative to video                  
30 ms
Stream size                              
223 MiB (11%)
Title                                    MyMovie.2019.HEVC.1080p.WEBRiP.AC3.x265-LEGi0N
Language                                 
English
Service kind                             
Complete Main
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   
No

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Hardware accelerated HEVC isn't supported at present. We need a newer avcodec library for that. The ffmpeg project doesn't maintain API compatibility, so Emotion & DvPlayer will need updating to use the newer avcodec too.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)