Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

amigait, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Wharever happened to Libre Office for OS4?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Cinnamon Writer looks promising to me. As for Final Writer, Wordworth, etc. In terms of functionality that I personally need, they already had enough. Other people might need more obviously. I thought that if they had the ability to import and export DOCX files, that would be enough for me. I always wondered about what it would take to write a converter program for final writer <-> docx but never really investigated it further

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BSzili

That is something I do not understand... there was a call recently to pay Kals bills because he is running out of money. If I would be in his situation priority one would be to complete Final Writer because you can earn money with it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@billyfish

Quote:
I always wondered about what it would take to write a converter program for final writer <-> docx

I expect, you won’t use it, if you had to save, and the convert it, if you can just save in a different program on different OS, or doing it on office365 on the web, or using google docs, even if its slower.

Export to PDF, might also be something people like to have, more and more sending PDF files over email, instead of printed documents.

Ritch text format, was kind of the universal format before docx, but it was blamed for the spared of viruses, but I’m pretty sure, that more problem with programs viewing the documents, and outlook that spoofing files, by allowing attachments to include attachment of wrong file type in the mime header, sadly Microsoft developers suck, so they will never get it fixed. Can only expect its feature / backdoor for government agency. Because MS blocked sharing .exe files, it’s become common knowledge that change filename, or trick outlook, I guess its feature now, if they remove security hole, people will complain. Maybe they had to have that because self-extracting zip files. who knows.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2021/2/2 8:45:44
Edited by LiveForIt on 2021/2/2 8:48:49
Edited by LiveForIt on 2021/2/2 8:52:22
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Well, graphics is already about converting everything... especially as PNG isn't supported in old software. Spreadsheets too.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic

Old software can load PNG images, if the software support datatypes, but often what old software does not support is alpha channel in the picture.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@OlafS3
This has happened before, but we don't really know how much time he has for working on side-projects. Leaving personal matters aside, software that's released certainly makes more money than one that's in development forever.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

I expect, you won’t use it, if you had to save, and the convert it, if you can just save in a different program on different OS, or doing it on office365 on the web, or using google docs, even if its slower.

You might be right, but if it was integrated using an ARexx script that would make it more user-friendly. I think if the conversion option was there, we'd see how much it would be used.

Quote:

Export to PDF, might also be something people like to have, more and more sending PDF files over email, instead of printed documents.

In Final Writer, at least, you can already do this. I've got an ARexx script that prints to postscript and then converts it to PDF.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BSzili

Certainly a viable finished product does make more than one in development forever. The issue has been there's been a bit more to it than a recompile. Finalwriter is old software and as such development needed to adapt for 64Bit etc. Also there's been some major enhancements internally not just superficial ones. As for the AOS4 port well that comes down to once I release the AROS and MorphOS versions having the money to pay a developer to do the port.

Changes so far.

Updated RTF
Libharu implemented(PDF Saving/Printing Support)
MySpell(Updated Spell Checker) Spell checker can now work real time.
Libcurl Support for direct printing.
64Bit fixes
Modernizing layout
P96 Support.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

And as for Kalmatee he's dropped all AROS development and refuses to return. I can't say he never will but currently he's happier avoiding it.

There's been 5 developers who have worked on the current version.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@terminills
How far is it to release state? I mean, what else needs to be done?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'm prety sure, that Calligra suite would be easier and that way more possible than OpenOffice. At least if debendies are mostly already OK, except KDE libraies.

https://calligra.org/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Currently it's just finding and fixing bugs. No new features will be added to this version.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@terminills
Many bugs are left to be fixed from those ones which are found already? What i mean, maybe it's already enough for the first release?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@utri007
you also have scribus 1.5.7, it does require Qt (IIRC). but it is surprisingly small footprint ~25MB source code, runs under linux, windows and mac, could perhaps be possible to run it very well on the slowest of os4 machines.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is there a reason why open office would not be portable under AmiCygnix?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
GNumeric and AbiWord are quite capable under AmiCygnix on OS4 right now

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
AbiWord seems capable enough. Opened doc and docx so is there really still a need or desire for OpenOffice?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

I say yes to all new software for os4.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

+1 ;)

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

I am with you! 🥳😎

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)