Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12)
Re: Company<->User communication...Is it still a thing today?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@corto

Indeed the way to simplify is to make all the product information available in a single area on each site.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@corto

Re Amistore Payment :

No problem with the Option to Send email with paypal link for me .
==========================================================

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your AMIStore order, please use the following secure web link to complete payment:

https://www.amisphere.com/checkout.php ... xxxxxx¤cy=USD&vat=0

The link will be valid as long as AMIStore App Store is running on your system. You can pay with this link by using any secure web browser.

Once payment is completed, the funds will take a few moments to be updated on your account. In Checkout mode, AMIStore periodically checks your account balance and then uses the funds to complete the order.

---
A-EON Technology Ltd (www.a-eon.com)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@corto

Quote:
Things have to be simple.

I agree. This pertains not only to A-EON's product range but also to their distribution model, which I find rather confusing. AmiStore, the AmiSphere website, Updater... that's enough to puzzle a seasoned user, let alone a newcomer or a new returner.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
There are three distribution channels - all evolved over the years since 2012 as needs permitted. All distibution channels rely on the Amisphere.com server.

AMIStore - this is the App Store for OS4 software purchases. It provides purchasing and downloads from Amisphere.com

Updater - this is the Workbench utility which provides updates and downloads from Amisphere.com. It is a smaller utility than AMIStore so is more convenient to use for downloading software and updates.

Amisphere.com - this is the server which holds the software. Some limited software can be downloaded directly from here for OS3 users simply because Updater and AMIStore are not yet on that platform. Enhancer Software Core is also available to download here because you need to download this to get Updater in the first place (chicken and egg scenario).

Enhancer Software: once Version 2 of the Enhancer Software is released to public there will be only two main versions:

Core Edition: free version to download for all users
Version 2: commercial version

The older Special Edition, Standard Edition and Plus Edition will be discontinued.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mattew
Things can be much easier if there will be no amistore, no amispehere, not a complication of simple things, but instead just:

1). one single website. you have one already and it called amigakit.

2). A user can just go to the "aos4" subarea on this site, and buy anything they need, all the software. Updates can be uploaded there as well once the new version out instead of the old ones.

So no need for any new sites, no need for separating and complicating the things with splitting already split things. And Enhancer should be just one single archive, with everything new being in it once it updated. No need for version 2, or 3 of drivers and being sold differently, that just a mess.

But we all explain this (at least me) in last years many-many-many-many times, but that will be changed once you realize it yourself. At least there will be one single Enhancer since now, that good. Only 2 years passed :)

Someday you will release the importance of releasing normal changelogs, then importance to not have many sites, but just one, and importance to be able to buy things online, without all those amistories/amispeheres/whatever else.

And btw, as I told you before and was right: blog dies without life because you have no time to maintain it. The things you want to put to the blog are not the things users want to see. All that stuff which in, and which you ask to write capehill/me are pure articles, which can be left out of the blog and put there.

Blog want monthly or one time per 2-month information about things being working on. Information about tabor, i.e. where it now, what it hold, what done right now. Everything can be done just damn logical and user friendly, I do not understand why it can't. I even offer you my help (for free, btw), to administrate the blog if you will give me access to commit logs, but you ignore it. The same as you ignore my last question about "so, do you accept comments on the blog, or give me admin access so I can handle it all nicely". Since that, no answer from you, and I give up one more time to help you.

We can't explain the obvious if you didn't get it, sadly.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit

What about the graphics drivers...will all the versions be part of Enhancer v2.x too?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kas1e

Updater is very easy to use- much better than a website. It downloads and installs the software (library/class/driver) from Amisphere.com into the correct directory on the user's hard drive and warns them of out of date versions they have on their hard drive. I have had a lot of feedback from users who love using it.

Sorry, I disagree with your assessment that offering everything from one website is easier for end-users: they have first identify they have an old version, open a browser on OS4 which is slow, go to the website, find the software, download and uncompress it and then install it manually. Updater does this in seconds.

Another benefit is that Updater utility is localised so it will display in the user's language of choice- much easier than maintaining a website in many languages.

Updater is run by many OS4 users every day so I can see by the traffic that it is very popular. Suggestions of improvements to it will always be listened to.

Quote:
then importance to not have many sites, but just one,

We only have one server: Amisphere.com - this one website serves both the Updater utility and AMIStore App. For simplicity, the user can use one single AmiSphere login for Updater utility, AMIStore App or Amisphere.com.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

RadeonRX and RadeonHD are both included in the Enhancer Software v2 package along with the important Warp3D Nova drivers to complement them.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit

Thank you

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ amikit

Thanks for the info about Enhancer Pack V2, that will have only 2 variants. That's a good point.

A shop in amisphere could replace AmiStore that is not very convenient to use (and need a web browser to pay, what fails here with Odyssey). In this situation, Updated should be available from outside Enhancer Pack, to install and update software bought online.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@corto

Quote:
Updated should be available from outside Enhancer Pack
Updater depends on parts of the Enhancer, AFAIK.

It is, however, available in the Enhancer Core, which is free.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
During AmiWest 2020 Trevor announced ES 2.0 release date. It should be Christmas 2020. May I ask, where is it? Or at least, where is communication?

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mr2

It will be very soon, we are fixing a few final things. Developers are on Christmas holidays so the bug fixes may slip into beginning of January. Some items have already been released through Updater tool in the meantime.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

Ok, thanks a lot...
One more question. Which AEon's email one should use to communicate about Enhancer? I have a question/request

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Use support _at_ amisphere.com

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12)