Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: emotion media player
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues
Quote:
And the non posix issue becomes a plus when you are working with a pore AmigaOS program, such as AWeb iBrowse YAM etc.

True. However, it would be a great help to those porting (or writing) cross-platform software if we were also able to use connections opened via newlib/clib2. Being able to do that would in no way prevent AWeb, IBrowse, YAM, etc., from being able to use the bsdsocket.library directly.

EDIT: We've drifted off-topic. If anyone wants to discuss AmiSSL further, then we should open a new thread.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@EntwicklerX Team

sorrry im late to the party, but finaly got most of the new things at amistore including Emotion. and have to say i love the player. playing nearly all that i need it to do. and, cool that the player vindow size stays the same when adding videoes.

i'm sure you guys are super busy. But i have 3 wishes for Emotion.

1. be able to touch anywhere at the player window when playing and not playing and move it around. so used to all the players on other platforms having it, it's really a must.. so 1985'ish have to drag it with the tiny tittle bar

2. basic playlist, no gui reallyneeded, just add the video file name&location to the "favoritte menu" or something.

3. maybe since im newbee and don't see it. but have a filetype activator for video files, so it auto start when clicking on the actual video file.

but, i really enjoying Emotion, so thank you:)

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is 1.1 a new version?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
no it is the latest version released in Feb2017.

demo can be found on OS4depot : http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... deo/play/emotion_demo.lha

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@noXLar

Hi, thanks for using emotion ;)

1. For dragging the window, we tried to make it as much as possible with the guid-lines of AmigaOS. So we decided to use the usual title bar for dragging. I will talk with Frank, the coder, if we add the other moving or not. From coding side, i am not shure if it is possible without tricks.

If you press "b" while playing a video, you get a frameless window and then you can do it your way.

2. a basic playlist was planned for a next version. Our time and the whole AmigaOS situation stopped us to focus on an update...

3. It is a AmigaOS thing, i think the people here can help you. You can use DefIcons to set a default player for a video type. Here a screenshot...

Resized Image

We have Version 1.7 finished since over a year. It was planned to publish with the new RadeonHD drivers and video acceleration with graphics card. A-Eon wrote us last August to make the support as fast as possible but no sign since... very sad. FullHD on a Sam460 with a new Radeon RX card works well without much CPU consuming ;) Maybe we release the update soon, i will ask frank.

Currently we have to focus to our own projects and make small games for other platforms. It is important for our life ;) If we have more time, we are back again. But also the whole shitty situation around AmigaOS is not a good thing for movitate us. Also for porting our games there are bugs/missing features reportet for Nova but here also no fixes. So we can not do it. But the main reason for silence is time.

Regards and have fun....

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@imagodespira

Quote:
1. For dragging the window, we tried to make it as much as possible with the guid-lines of AmigaOS. So we decided to use the usual title bar for dragging.

It is an Amiga standard function. Just hold down the CTRL and L-Amiga keys and you can move ANY window, whether it has a dragbar or not, from clicking anywhere within the window.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@imagodespira

I was looking for info on the 1.7 release.
Thanks for the update.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@imagodespira

thanks alot for your answers, and understand the situation

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

well both the "b" and what you mention isn't what i had in mind, the idea is to use only whole player function like it was a tittle bar, playing or not playing, although not that important if video lag/stops while moving, but would be cool.

the "B" to get frameless player and the move it around is pretty close.

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@imagodespira

thanks for your detailed answers, I surely hope you'll come back to OS4 product development - I just love M.A.C.E. - my favourite OS4 game...

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)