Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 5 »
PPC games on OS4, please help
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I purchased several PPC games recently but somehow I am unable to run them under OS4 Final. The only game I managed to install and run successfully is Freespace. Terrific atmosphere and smooth with the highest details set.

However the others crashes or simply don't work:

HereticII crashes when asking for registration details at the end of its installation. First it complained about missing ixemul48 which I then installed. Now it crashes. I tried to blacklist that library but it did not help.

Shogo crashes on installation.

Wipeout2097 doesn't work or crashes, even on OS4pre4.

QuakeII, I successfully followed the instructions here but it complains about missing gfx file even though the file is there.

Anyone have these games running under OS4? I'd be grateful for any suggestion.

Go to top
Re: PPC games on OS4, please help
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

Execpt Quake 2, and as it has been explained to you on AW, there is now way to make WarpOS games work under OS4 Final since support for WarpUP has been thrown out.

Only Freespace and Quake 2 will work using software renderer with the OS4 patch from Hyperion.

There is also a rather buggy port of Quake III.

The best solution is to wait for either new versions of theses games or the release of new games for OS4.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiKit

I guess that copying powerpc.library from update 4 should do the trick.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes, but I have OS4pre4 installed on the other bootable partition and the HereticII, QuakeII and Wipeout2097 don't work anyway. I don't remember trying the Shogo OS4pre4 but I will.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @AmiKit

Wow, the 'kitty' is wagging a OS4 tail now! Quake and Quake2
are two good stable games on OS4. Installed them and Amiga OS4
on July 4, 2004. How's that for hot July fireworks! ( Just pulling your tail!
It was more like Halloween when Quake was installed. Q and Q2 ran fine
through all the updates BTW.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiKit

HereticII and Wipeout2097 work fine with AmigaOS4 pre4 - WarpOS emulation (more info search on amigans.net and amigaworld.net forum). QuakeII and Freespace - download AmigaOS 4 version from Hyperion server.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmiKit

Which gfx card do you have?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
For Heretic II you have to install the ixemul library that work under amiga os 4.0 and after that you have to reinstall heretic II because if the registration goes wrong the game won't runs.. Then download and install the update from hyperion site and good gaming

I finished that game

For Shogo i never managed to make it work.

Quake I gave me strange problems with amiga os final update

Quake II runs but only in software renders..

Wipeout 2097 runs

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

@SZAMAN
I already downloaded the OS4 updates. While the Freespace works, the QuakeII does not.

@Chris
I have Radeon7000

@nubechecorre
Where can I find OS4 compatible ixemul library please?

QuakeII reports "Error: couldn't load baseq2/pics/colormap.pcx". But the files is there. Here's the Snoopy log.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
The best solution is to wait for either new versions of theses games or the release of new games for OS4.

Or wait for a new powerpc.library ...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:
Where can I find OS4 compatible ixemul library please?
here.

But for the games it doesn't help much, you may be able to install them with the OS4 ixemul.library, but you can't run WarpOS software on OS4 final since it doesn't include a powerpc.library. Don't install an old version of powerpc.library, the old versions do not work on OS4 final.
If you want to run WarpOS software you have to install OS4 Update4 as well and boot from the Update4 partition, incl. loading the Update4 kickstart modules, whenever you want to run WarpOS software.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
Or wait for a new powerpc.library ...
There wont be a new powerpc.library. Unless someone else implements a new one from scratch.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

YAY! Thanks! The Wipeout2097 works, finally!!! The problem was I never did a cold reboot before booting into pre4 so the OS4Final Kickstart modules were in memory. That's why Wipeout2097 didn't work even in pre4 environment.

I will try HereticII with the ixemul later. Thanks again!

Btw. what about Shogo? No go? Anyone?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Why ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:
Btw. what about Shogo? No go? Anyone?
Hardware 3D, especially on Radeon cards: Forget it. On my Voodoo3 the 1st level was nearly working correctly, but later there are lots of missing walls, etc.
IIRC using software rendering worked correctly here with the demo version of Shogo. With the default font the texts are messed up, only the top half or 3/4 is displayed, but using another font they are displayed correctly, the font can be changed in one of the config files. The intro doesn't work (it doesn't crash, you just get a black screen or some flickering). Most WarpOS games had problems with AHI with the OS4 powerpc.library, especially background music, if you get crashes try with sound and/or music disabled (I don't remember if the Update4 version of powerpc.library did that itself for Shogo, some versions included special workarounds for some games).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
Don't install an old version of powerpc.library, the old versions do not work on OS4 final.

It does here.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Shogo have installed successfully however it freezes as soon as the ShogoLauncher window is displayed. The same with demo version.

HereticII gives yellow recoverable alert with the os4 version of ixemul. It happens when I am asked for registration details at the end of installation.

Both on OS4pre4.

EDIT: The Quake2 works now, more or less. I copied .pak files to installation folder directly instead of unpacking it.

Edited by AmiKit on 2007/7/7 14:50:29
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rob

Quote:

Rob wrote:
@joerg

Quote:
Don't install an old version of powerpc.library, the old versions do not work on OS4 final.

It does here.

Sounds good!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmiKit

im running OS4 final and heretic runs fine here so does Q1 Q2 Q3 and wipeout
shogo cant get it working

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:

AmiKit wrote:
@joerg

Shogo have installed successfully however it freezes as soon as the ShogoLauncher window is displayed. The same with demo version.
IIRC that happens when the launcher is searching for CD drives, if you manually set the CD tooltypes it's working, for example add
CDDADEVICE=sii0680ide.device
CDDAUNIT=2

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 5 »