Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 157

orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

The GREAT Amiga Bring and Buy sale Event. (UK)
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Hello all,

Amiga North Thames is considering hosting an Amiga bring and buy sale, for people who have cupboards/lofts full of unwanted Amiga hardware and software etc.
Given the interest in all things Retro, there's a good chance your unwanted hoard could find a good home.

Tables would be ?3.00 for a small table and ?5.00 for a large table. Admittance would be ?2.00
- Looking at a date in May, if you are think you would attend to either bring or buy, post on to this thread so that
we can gauge numbers.
- Please only post if you know you could make it, we don't need false numbers.

Other usergroups welcome to attend. Additional ideas or comments welcome.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Re: The GREAT Amiga Bring and Buy sale Event. (UK)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C
I'm up for it as long as it is not before 11th May.

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Might pop along for a browse and spend. I don't think I have any Amiga kit I want to part with though.

Professional Python and SQL Developer / BASI 2 Snowboard Instructor
Amigan since 1990: AmigaOne XE / A4000/030 / A500
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@MetalJoe

Okay, so far, one person who may have a table and 2 other attendees, any one else interested in an event of this type?

Mikey C

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

Would have attended with a load of Amiga Classic gear for sale but going away beginning of May.

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

I am very interested - just a case of wether its worth me doing as a table holder or attendee.

However the idea has been mentioned in a bit of writing so it may be worth seeing how much interest that generates.

:)

Sven

Sven Harvey
Amiga Mart in Micro Mart (in 2 out of 4 issues on average with a following wind)
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@svenof9

Thanks for the plug Sven. Look forward to seeing you there.

Simon

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Has there been much more interest? :S

Sven Harvey
Amiga Mart in Micro Mart (in 2 out of 4 issues on average with a following wind)
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

We would be happy to attend.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mikey_C
You should be posting on amiga.org as well. There are many more classic users o'er there.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@all

To be honest, the reply has been abysmal, seems hardly anyone is interested.

If people want this event to go ahead we need them to say so now. (and actually attend on the day)

Although, its too late for May now.

Mikey C

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

Because everyone in the world is skint at the moment I would imagine. Seriously, it's not a good time for fringe hobbies, people are too busy trying to keep a roof over their heads.

Sorry,
Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

I would love to attend but alas I am here in Oz AND that evil Amigakit will be attending, I think I have bought just about all of the ever made available Amiga HW/SW from him already-:)

Good luck.

ace

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rudei

With everybody being skint this could be a great time to get some real bargains!

As long as it doesn't clash (as these things are prone to do) then FOREMATT hope to be attending.

As well as what could be your last chance to get some new Amiga software (as in not used!) at great prices without the risk of not knowing what you are getting we hope to bring some bits and pieces that are not on our websites as well as some second hand classics for those who still have an A500 under the bed itching to get out and bring some cheap nostalgia in dark days! :)

Hope to see you all there.

John
www.forematt.idps.co.uk
www.forematt.co.uk
www.retro-dropshipping.co.uk

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@forematt

Wow! First AmigaKit and Now Forematt attending, almost like the old days, now, has any one got a number for Digita or Weird Science?

hehe

Mikey C

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mikey_C

Digita's phone number is on their website, but I'm not sure how much PC-based tax software Amiga users will be buying at this event

I have an AmigaOne and OS4.1 that can be sold. Need to blank the hard drive and install 4.0 or 4.1 on it though (depending on whether it is worth selling 4.1 separately)

I'd rather it went to a developer but finding one who needs an OS4 machine these days is tricky.

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Would it be worth aiming the event at the pre-xmas markets and target the Halloween-ish time slot?

If it helps October half term around here ends on Halloween weekend, and I guess its probably the same across the country which might help.

Obviously I will push it as much as possible if and when it goes ahead. Might be worth looking at it from the point of view that if things are picking up as they are supposed to be in the fourth quarter of the year, but with the threat of the VAT increase at the end of the year, it might be the kind of time where people might consider spending a little money this year.

Anyhow, assuming I can book it off work (well assuming I have a day job still !!!) I will come along.

Sven Harvey
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@svenof9

I think the time of year you have suggested is a good one. I personally think (and reading the various journals) that the economy would have seen at least some recovery by then - that would boost people's confidence.

Plus Autumn/Winter shows always rock

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

> To be honest, the reply has been abysmal, seems hardly
> anyone is interested.

They probably are but how many on this international web site live near London ?

I am in the UK but the way UK transport system works it would take me a week to drive down and a fortune to fly. I could drive down to Inverness and then fly to Europe or America for less than it would an internal flight.

If the event is in early Mayy I will be in the Hampton Court area for other reasons which is just a stones throw away, if not then maybe another year.

Best of luck anyway.

Bill.

Go to top

Register To Post