Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 68

rwo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »
Re: Post-Update 6 updates
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
old version of click2front poke some private structs of intuition which was changed in new version

As "old version" you mean that there is a newest version of ClickToFront (i mean newest than the current pubblic 53.2) ?

If so would be good to have it already, currently for what i can understand Intuition 53.42 works fine with ClickToFront 52.3 (atleast on X1000) but fails with the latest 53.2 availible on other system

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Quote:

As "old version" you mean that there is a newest version of ClickToFront (i mean newest than the current pubblic 53.2) ?

I do not remember details, but click2front do not works because of intuition update, thats for sure.

Its just our fault as betatesters, we just forget about, because if we not, of course relevant part should be released at one push (i.e. now it was intuition + iprefs, but should be intuition + iprefs + click2front). So for now just rewert back to any working ones (or to click2front or to old inuition) and wait till new click2front will be avail.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Ok

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
Hmm... does that mean we can set different pointer styles now using SetWindowPointer(), rather than titting about creating new pointerclass objects?

Yes. Not really styles, but standardized pointer images. For example your application calls SetWindowPointer(win, WA_PointerType, POINTERTYPE_HAND, TAG_DONE) and the user will see the well known "pointing hand" pointer image as used by browser applications on other systems when the mouse hovers over a hyperlink.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

tboeckel wrote:

your application calls SetWindowPointer(win, WA_PointerType, POINTERTYPE_HAND, TAG_DONE) and the user will see the well known "pointing hand" pointer image

...and of course you would call SetAttrs(winObj, WA_PointerType, POINTERTYPE_HAND, TAG_DONE) instead if your window was created via the ReAction window.class.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@tboeckel

Great! I'm sure at some point we will see an updated SDK with this, and everything else new from the last three years, in it.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Warp3D Picasso96 driver 53.10:
Quote:
- Fixed tracking issue caused by new allocator for large textures on R200 boards.
- Increased minimum BitMap allocation size to reduce VRAM fragmentation where many small allocations are required.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The datestamp is wonky on this P96 driver.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I really don't understand why we need a running commentary of ever public update, including quoting the release notes. They are there for every registered OS4 user, so what is the point?

(It's a rhetorical question, it doesn't need an answer, really!).

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It was useful for me, as I would otherwise have broken my Click2front.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo: For me the Point is, that there is on no place a public list of the Information what the update does. Sometimes i just click install and after this i want to know what the update did (see last update where click2Front is not working... so i want to know what was done).

It would be nice, if there will be a list on a public Webpage with the informations about the updates (we now just get before an update and if we hit the Information button after select the entry in amiupdate).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira
Quote:

For me the Point is, that there is on no place a public list of the Information what the update does. Sometimes i just click install and after this i want to know what the update did (see last update where click2Front is not working... so i want to know what was done).

But for that you have Sys:Documentation/ReleaseInfo. There is all the release_notes for users saves which you see when you press "info" in amiupdate. I mean now all the release notes of updates about what we ask for last years is here, in sys:documentation/releaseinfo driver.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kas1e: Thank you, for this hint. I did not know it yet.

Is this a "hidden Feature" or i am just the last men who did not find this...

It would be nice to have in AmiUpdate a Menu Entry where i can find this entries.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira
Just it was added few weeks ago only, and wasn't make as big announcement (only noticed in hyperion's forum, and in release notes to amiupdate itself).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
sys:documentation/releaseinfo

And I must admit that I really like this!

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

imagodespira wrote:
@Rigo: For me the Point is, that there is on no place a public list of the Information what the update does.

Or when there is an update available.

Quote:

It would be nice, if there will be a list on a public Webpage with the informations about the updates (we now just get before an update and if we hit the Information button after select the entry in amiupdate).

Hyperion should be publishing when there is an update available, and what it does.

It's also useful to get some discussion on some of the updates if they break things (eg. the Intuition update) or add new features.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris
Quote:

Hyperion should be publishing when there is an update available, and what it does.

As far as i understand, reassons for amiupdate its exactly to avoid all that fuzz about every single minor or half-minor change. I.e. to avoid all those "thanks, good work! keep it up! long awaited update!" and so on, to just make it all automatically works, and registered users just all the time recieve something new with some fixes.

If hyperion will make an announcements about everyday small update (which happens one times in a week/two), then they need someone who will only works on that. What is unpossible and better spend time on actual coding.

Quote:

It's also useful to get some discussion on some of the updates if they break things (eg. the Intuition update) or add new features.

That one for sure. But Rigo's point imho just about that there is no need to take every new amiupdate update like something which deserver reposting or co. I.e. to make it all looks like "normal" and usuall situation, when ppls always get updates, and report only when problems happens.

But for me personally there is no problems to discuss it, if nothing else to do :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@Chris
Quote:

As far as i understand, reassons for amiupdate its exactly to avoid all that fuzz about every single minor or half-minor change. I.e. to avoid all those "thanks, good work! keep it up! long awaited update!" and so on, to just make it all automatically works, and registered users just all the time recieve something new with some fixes.

Oh yes, an announcement for each update would be ridiculous. I was thinking more along the lines of a forum thread (such as this one, but on Hyperion's forums in a restricted posting area) or a blog-type approach. Even a Twitter feed would serve the purpose of notifying of updates - how long does it take to copy and paste the update short description into Twitter when publishing the update? The AmiUpdate website could even tweet it out automatically - I can supply the PHP code I use to do this, it's a case of calling one function.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I understand the point of rigo, but sometimes it is good to see what an update makes, sometimes a feedback from another user is good before install a problem update.

The integration of AmiUpdate in AmigaOS to make small updates frequently is one of the best things we have.

If all people know about hidden, spare documented features like the releaseinfo folder, then many discussions where not there.

And for my personal use, i also want to know if an update make changes in my system... so features like click2front stops working. We need AmigaOS to develop and i also use click2front every day... but no, nothing.

Yes, you could say roll back the update, tried this.. but the last entries are not visible in amiUpdate... since january... before there where all in it. also tried to clear the list (one day before the last updates) and then update, but no new entries.. so rollback does not work anymore.

I changed nothing on the System, just work with it, not play around with settings...

Since yesterday (perhaps also an update problem?) i also get a message on Start:

"CHARSETCONVERT: FROM-Datei "ram:tmp.txt" mit Länge NULL.
C:Charsetconvert fehlgeschlagen Rückgabewert 20"

If the rollback would work, then i could check if an update causes the problem or not.

So for such things i use the threads about new updates, also to see if other peoples have problems and i can deceide if i update or not, because i need the Computer for my work.

Another whish from me: If there is a Problem like click2Front and the first users report it -> remove the update (unpublish) till the problem is fixed, so also many threads about it would not be done (perhaps this works already, i was one of the first updaters ;) ).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira
Quote:

Since yesterday (perhaps also an update problem?) i also get a message on Start:

"CHARSETCONVERT: FROM-Datei "ram:tmp.txt" mit Länge NULL.
C:Charsetconvert fehlgeschlagen Rückgabewert 20"

Nope, it is problem of new DirMeUp tool (the way how it works with Notifications), there is relevant thread from french amiga-ng forum:

http://amiga-ng.org/viewtopic.php?topic=1467&forum=6

and there is screens:

http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/Divers/CharSetConvert_DirMeUp_Demo.jpg
http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/Divers/Cha ... rt_DirMeUp_Enregistre.jpg

I.e. just delete dirmeups from prefs:notifications, save, and all will be ok.

ps. i already send bug report to author about

Quote:

And for my personal use, i also want to know if an update make changes in my system... so features like click2front stops working. We need AmigaOS to develop and i also use click2front every day... but no, nothing.

In theory, all those small updates should be well tested, and everything should works all the time. With click2front it was just our , betatesters faulth, that we miss it. Of coure no one will release anything publicaly if he know that it will broken something necessary. Just was some mistake.

Quote:

Another whish from me: If there is a Problem like click2Front and the first users report it -> remove the update (unpublish) till the problem is fixed, so also many threads about it would not be done (perhaps this works already, i was one of the first updaters ;) ).

Yep, sounds logical, but in case with click2front we already have fixed all problems with, and i assume today or tomorrow it will be in public amiupdate, and so, all users who will do update since then, will have all new stuff working as it should.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »