Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
71 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 69

AmigaOldskooler, beworld, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 14 »
Getting Napalm to run on AmigaOS 4.1.2?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi all is it at all possible to get this game to run under AOS4.1.2? I have installed but when ever i try to run it i get a guru error?

Go to top
Re: Getting Napalm to run on AmigaOS 4.1.2?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
anyone?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
One hell of a game but ive had no luck

A1XE G4 800mhz,512mb,Radeon9200,SonyDRU-510A and 800a, Esi Juli@,Sil680,WiFi.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@carvedeye
I've never heard of anyone getting it working. EDIT: I tried it again just now, and I can only get as far as the scrolling NAPALM logo (somewhat corrupted) using Blitzen, CIAgent & NallePUH.

It would be possible to run it under E-UAE (emulation), but it would be *horribly* slow, so I never bothered trying.

If you want to play a similar kind of games that IS known to work on OS4 (never played it myself), buy Earth 2140 from AmigaKit.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@CrhisH
Earth2140 a bit outdated for today, and Napalm are better (and by playability, and by feels, and by even graphics). While its 256cols, its still looks a bit better than earth2140.

ps. As i know, NallePUH not works on latest OS4s (i.e. it runs, but do nothing).

@carvedey
You also can try (if you did not want Napalm only): Warzone2100 (fast, with good playability, free and native). By the "feel" its almost the same as napalm. Different graphics of course, but still.

And FPSE emulator in which you can play old good Command & Conqueror (still not so native of course, but plays fast and fine).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yeah i'd love to get it to work on my AmigaOS 4.1 machine it's such a chore dragging out the A1200T to have a blast playing it. I wish Click Boom would recognise the amiga community and release a patch or something, even the source code would be nice.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ Fairdinkem

+ 1, just sent them an email! hopefully we get some response

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

328gts wrote:
@ Fairdinkem

+ 1, just sent them an email! hopefully we get some response

Yeah thats awesome hope you are successful, I sent an email to bitmap brothers and they didn't even acknowledge my existence.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Fairdinkem

Nah, I wouldn't get my hopes up high, I tried already about a year ago with no luck.

The only way to solve it, as I see, is to disassemble the executable with ira and fix the bugs (I have already disassembled and reassembled the thing, and it does work). This is no easy job, though...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alkfil

That cool ! At last you have reassembled-working binary !
When db101 will matured enough, we can step by step check the stuff, and found what the problems. So then we can in asm code, just put some more jumps which will point on new code which will do correct initialisation/reinitialisation.

I.e. in theory its all more than possible, but in practic worring with assembler its a mess.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Oh yes, good old db101 . I wonder what happened to the bug reports that I sent to Thomas Frieden about the msr and ip bugs...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
do you have napalm working ???

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Quote:

Oh yes, good old db101 . I wonder what happened to the bug reports that I sent to Thomas Frieden about the msr and ip bugs...

Did he answer you btw ? Maybe mail just die in beetwen :)

@retro
No, we talk about disassembled and reassembled binary (which after that works, but works the same as before : not works :) ). But in this way we have source code which can be compiled back (but that source code are assembler code, what is suck, as well as fully uncommented and unstructured).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@retro
Being able to disassemble & reassemble the Napalm executable is the first step in being able to fix it. The next (very big) step is to find why it crashes, and it sounds like this won't happen any time soon. The third step would then be to fix the problem.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil
Quote:
wonder what happened to the bug reports that I sent to Thomas Frieden about the msr and ip bugs

If you send me in MP your bug report, I'll make sure they are in Bugzilla.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just for info:

I can get the game running on Peg2 but the GFX is scrambled and it does not recognize any mouse clicks or key presses. Pictures of a screengrab and what is really seen (digicam) can be viewed here:

http://amiga.freeunix.net/wizardgroun ... OS4/Napalm_ScreenGrab.png
http://amiga.freeunix.net/wizardgroun ... 4/Napalm_Photo4_small.JPG
http://amiga.freeunix.net/wizardgroun ... 4/Napalm_Photo6_small.JPG

And no. It is not just a bad taken photo it is really like this!
Furthermore I got it running completely on my A4000 classic (at least within AOS4.0 but IMHO also within AOS4.1). It is really fast there and as posted within another thread/site you need to load a safed game. Starting over a new one does not work at all! (But save games of each level exists in the WWW!)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well its a start :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

@Reth

What steps did you take to get that far?

Talos BlackBird (awaiting a Miggy like OS)
Amiga 4000 OS3.9 / Pegasos II OS4.1 FE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just installed RTGMaster and the AOS4 fix and the latest NAPALM version (1.4, do not know whether it's neccessary or not). That's all. The same for AOS4 classic. You can try it also with the demo version (and latest NAPALM update if neccessary). As said on classic it works completely fine for me (just use saved games).

One thing left to be said: After starting NAPALM always a GR appaers but this one can be ignored (pressing ignore button).

The entire topic has already been discussed (do not know whether on this side or another) but no solution for AOS4 yet (within MOS I'm not sure whether it works or not).

This approach here with disassembling and so on is the first one I read getting closer into the problem! Hopefully it will lead to success!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'm trying to use IDA to disassemble Napalm. It gives marginally more readable code than IRA. The problem is, that in order to reassemble the thing, it needs a version of as that supports the -M option. Does anyone know, if such a version exists for 68k?

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 14 »