Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4 scheduled for commercial release in 2007
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Browsing the new Amiga Inc. website and found this paragraph interesting:

Quote:
In 2001, Amiga, Inc. entered into a license for the development of AmigaOS 4.0 with AmigaOne? Partners, collectively Hyperion VOF and Eyetech Group Ltd. Scheduled for commercial release in 2007

What do you think?

Go to top
Re: OS4 scheduled for commercial release in 2007
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmiKit
I think people should stop reading that silly web site and code up some OS4 apps instead.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ssolie

hehe, I agree, you got a point

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ssolie

Quote:

ssolie wrote:
@AmiKit
I think people should stop reading that silly web site and code up some OS4 apps instead.

LOL, very true indeed! But I don't agree completely that the website is silly. It could look more professional, but I think it is a good improvement to the old site.
Many things are the same, but they now have a page on the history of Amiga.

I think it's only bothersome that they don't list Hyperion under the Partners list.
Instead there are lots of small companies that are producing mobile games and who don't even have a contact or support page.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:

AmiKit wrote:
Browsing the new Amiga Inc. website and found this paragraph interesting:

Quote:
In 2001, Amiga, Inc. entered into a license for the development of AmigaOS 4.0 with AmigaOne? Partners, collectively Hyperion VOF and Eyetech Group Ltd. Scheduled for commercial release in 2007

What do you think?

What does Hyperion have to say about it ? thats what I think.

Avatar: Avro Vulcan - XH558 needs YOU !!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@agafaster

Quote:

agafaster wrote:
@AmiKit

What does Hyperion have to say about it ? thats what I think.

Not much I think. Hyperion have said they will release a boxed version of OS4 final soon, so it's like a commercial release in 2007 indeed.
If OS4 will also be released for other hardwares like SAM and not only AmigaOne in 2007, that is what we don't know.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helge

aye, just seen that thread. I think that is what is meant in the amiga.com release as well - just my two penn'orth.
SDK news is good, but we need sellable hardware !!

Avatar: Avro Vulcan - XH558 needs YOU !!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiKit

This Para is more interesting,

Quote:

For information on licensing, or sales of any Amiga Operating System, please use our Contact form.

http://amiga.com/about/history/?t=os

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ssolie

Quote:

ssolie wrote:
@AmiKit

Surely it is possible to do both !

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helge
It just does not make any sense whatsoever to provide a boxed OS for a handful of AmigaOne owners, most of whom have 99% of the new OS4 version already on their machines.

It only makes sense to go to this expense in order to supply it with HW to new customers.

It makes no sense for any of the players to announce anything within the community, until it is done.

Considering that Rogue states he is working on the final ISO contents now, it looks like SAM and OS4 is now only few weeks away at most.

Hence it makes sense to redo the old Amiga.com site, which after all they have for an extensive period done nothing with since before the original AmigaOne days.

If Hyperion is producing a boxed version for a few thousand AmigaOne owners, for no better reason than they said they would, I suggest that we should give up the whole thing because it is being run by complete lunatics.

Hyperion has got practically nothing back from OS4. To take on this just to look good is the most financially stupid thing I have ever heard. Nothing, indicates this level of stupidity amongst any of the players.

The noticeable absence from the site of any reference to SAM or the Acube, or for that matter the minimal references to Hyperion itself, seems purposeful.

Eyetec is still financially involved and acknowledged, which seems strange to be equated with the same status in the only reference to Hyperion.

My guess is that the empty space, so obvious in the web space, the space where Hyperion and Acube should be mentioned, is to be filled-in when the board, the new boxed OS, is ready to go and not before.

After all AOS4 is mentioned, yet the distributor (Hyperion, or Hyperion/Acube) seems unconnected at this point. The present Web site is being readied, it is not yet final. The only logic reason for this happening now is that:

OS4 IS scheduled for commercial release in 2007 - fact in a matter of weeks, not months.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
All I want to add is; it is _NOT_ over yet!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear the sound of more people joining http://Amigans.Net

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top

Register To Post