Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 83

orgin, salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: New AmigaAmp 3.8
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

I'm not very familiar with how amiupdate & appdir works yet but as i said earlier. if i run appdir:amigaamp3 from a shell amigaamp3 starts so the path must be correct i think. But i will mess with it again tonight just to show that i'm not some ignorant guy who doesn't listen to the suggestions ;)

What bothers me is that if i have snoopy running and executes an update within Amiupdate i can see how it searches for alot of applications and files but there's no entry for Amigaamp3 at all.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
AmiUpdate's "supported applications" thing only looks in ENV:AppPaths (which is the old AmiUpdate specific version of ENV:AppDir). Anything that is found directly by path won't appear in there either. Basically just ignore it, it's of little use.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Yes, AmiUpdates "Supported Applications" is a legacy thing from before AppDir: even existed. It's only of use to AmigaOS 4.0 users. it will be removed in a future update.

For those having problems getting updates recognised, enable the "Verbose Log" option, do a scan, and check the log. It should show you enough information to determine why it's not doing what it is expected to.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Rigo wrote:
Yes, AmiUpdates "Supported Applications" is a legacy thing from before AppDir: even existed. It's only of use to AmigaOS 4.0 users. it will be removed in a future update.

For those having problems getting updates recognised, enable the "Verbose Log" option, do a scan, and check the log. It should show you enough information to determine why it's not doing what it is expected to.

Simon

Thanks Rigo! That was a good tip. I get this message:

22:58:08 Now checking: AmigaAMP3...
22:58:08 This update is not applicable to the host hardware.

Something must have gone wrong there. I have a Pegasos2 and i'm sure it's supported.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@smf

That would explain why kas1e doesn't receive the updates, either - he's a Pegasos user I think.

I have informed the author about this. He may have forgotten to tick "Pegasos2" when registering AmigaAMP in the AmiUpdate online database.

Edit: yes, that was it. Thomas will enable Pegasos updates shortly I'm sure.

Edited by trixie on 2013/5/24 9:04:14
The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Glad you solved it guys

AmigaAmp and AmiUpdate are too great to miss out

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
All platforms are enabled now, so it should be fixed.

It's always worth a mail to the application author after checking the log, it might be quicker...

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Rigo

AmigaAMP 3.9 is around the corner, so we'll soon see if AmiUpdate offers the update to everyone :)

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Usefull infos!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Nice to know. Any more hints of what to expect?

X5000
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

Antique wrote:
Nice to know. Any more hints of what to expect?

Mainly fixes I think. Stay tuned :)

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

Don't remember now, are you the author of the Reaction Prefs of AmigaAMP right ?

Everytime i try to iconify the prefs window i will loose the icon everywhere on my Workbench

Pls can you fix it for the next release ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I read in changelog to 3.8, that it now possible to choice just directory instead of single files, and amigaamp will scan whole directory and add files from to playlist. I tried that and seems it didn't works. I.e. i just press "open", go to work:, choice directory "music", and press "OK" in asl requester => nothing loads in playlist.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
I read in changelog to 3.8, that it now possible to choice just directory instead of single files, and amigaamp will scan whole directory and add files from to playlist. I tried that and seems it didn't works. I.e. i just press "open", go to work:, choice directory "music", and press "OK" in asl requester => nothing loads in playlist.

The new "load entire directory" feature was completely borked (caused crashes, even). Should be fixed in 3.9.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

samo79 wrote:
@trixie

Don't remember now, are you the author of the Reaction Prefs of AmigaAMP right ?

Everytime i try to iconify the prefs window i will loose the icon everywhere on my Workbench

I'll have a look at it, thanks for reporting.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

samo79 wrote:

All right, what exactly seems to be the problem? On my system, iconifying the Prefs editor will put the icon just below ramdisk, where icons are normally placed after iconificaton. Is the behaviour different on your machine?

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Yep, it does that here too. I think it is using the snapshotted position of the program icon in the original drawer.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

nbache wrote:
Yep, it does that here too. I think it is using the snapshotted position of the program icon in the original drawer.

I tried snapshotting both the AmigaAMP-Prefs and the AmigaAMP icon, on various places on the Workbench screen. When iconifying the Prefs, the icon always appears below the RAM Disk, not in the snapshotted position. Just how can I reproduce the problem you're having??? I'm quite lost here.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I don't actually regard it as a problem as such, but what I observe is that the icon of the AmigaAMP-Prefs program is snapped inside my AmigaAMP3 window at 202,11 (this can be seen in the information window), and when I run the prefs program from its icon and iconify it, the AppIcon is placed at exactly that position on WB. And this is what I confirmed.

Maybe you have something else at or near those coordinates which prevents the AppIcon from being placed there? In such a case WB will choose another place for it.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »