Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

*Zero* days left to get Aquaria cheap!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Aquaria is a relatively modern 2D game, which was ported to AmigaOS4.

I believe you need to buy the Windows/Mac/Linux version for the Amiga version to work?

It's currently going very cheap as part of the Humble Indie Bundle. You just need to make sure you pay above the average price (which is currently $4.12 = £2.64 !).

The deal runs out near the end of Tuesday...

Edited by ChrisH on 2011/12/6 21:00:48
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: Two days left to get Aquaria cheap!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have used the Linux version of the data files with the AmigaOS4 port on a Sam440 @533MHz and it was surprisingly playable.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Seems to be fine on my mini-itx Sam440 (with built-in 64MB gfx-card)... although a graphics card with more RAM (128MB is recommended) would no-doubt help a great deal, because I had to reduce my Workbench to a 16-bit screenmode & disable Compositing (in Sys:Prefs/GUI) to get enough video RAM for the game to not run slowly, plus I was only running the game in 640x480 (also 16-bit from the looks of it).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I think the AmigaOS 4.x port of Aquaria has already the data files inside? I have the impression that it's full.

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Phantom
To my surprise it does seem to include the data files, yes, but I'm not sure how legal it is to use them without buying Aquaria (and at as little as £3 if you are stingy, I don't see why not).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ ChrisH

Sure, if anyone play this game is good to buy it for just 3 GBP.

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I am wondering what this "Steam" thingy is. Does it work on Amiga or don't we need it to buy the games ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
You don't need it. I just bought the bundle, claiming to be on Linux, and using MUI-OWB and PayPal. You get a page after paying, containing a URL with your key embedded. Do save the link; supposedly it will also come in a mail, but that hasn't arrived yet half an hour later. But using the link page, I downloaded as .tar.gz what I wanted with no problems. Note that these are pretty big files, ISTR you have a low bandwidth? The biggest one is the one for Aquaria at around 192 MB.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I hope all these ports are updated for Gallium3D when it is available. So that they can be played on Sam460/X1000 with RadeonHD cards..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BillE
Steam is a 'games platform' for PC & Mac, have a look at steampowered.com

@Sinan
I *assume* there will be a MiniGL backwards compatibility layer, but dunno.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
t's currently going very cheap as part of the Humble Indie Bundle. You just need to make sure you pay above the average price (which is currently $4.12 = £2.64 !).

The deal runs out near the end of Tuesday...

Thanks for posting the link.

I purchased the pack to support the developers and also get the registered data files to use Aquaria under OS4 as I expect the files included with the OS4 version are from the demo version rather than the full release.

@All
Now for my problem Aquaria does not seem to be veryt stable on my sam440ep mini-itx. So far it has locked up once on the menu in game (possible a known issue going by the readme) and also DSI on me after just a few minutes of play.

As my sam440ep only has 512MB or RAM and 64MB graphics onboard I dropped my Workbench screen done to 640x480-16 bit and turned off compositing but that did not stop the game from crashing, are other sam440ep owners having the same problem or is it just me?

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Dwyloc
If you are using sam440ep_setup, then try disabling it (do a hard reboot to ensure it's effects are cleared). Also, is your Sam440 sufficiently well ventillated? Try disabling everything in your WbStartup, by holding Shift while booting.

Admittedly I have not used Aquaria for long, but I did get to the first "black transition" (where I assume it is loading a new level).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@Dwyloc
If you are using sam440ep_setup, then try disabling it (do a hard reboot to ensure it's effects are cleared). Also, is your Sam440 sufficiently well ventillated? Try disabling everything in your WbStartup, by holding Shift while booting.

Admittedly I have not used Aquaria for long, but I did get to the first "black transition" (where I assume it is loading a new level).

I already removed that when I installed update 3 or I would not be typing this on my sam440ep as the keyboard would have stopped working as soon as I started OWB-MUI and as of yet I have not made it to the first loading section without a crash.

Started new thread here http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... hp?topic_id=5038&forum=11 so this one can stay on topic about the special offer.

Edit: added link to new crash thread.

Edited by Dwyloc on 2011/12/5 20:16:49
Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
bought :)

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top

Register To Post