Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
55 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 54

smf, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OWB v3.31 uploaded
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
A lot of people have complained about various bugs in OWB v3.32, so I have attempted to recreated the OWB v3.31 archive by taking v3.32 & replacing the files in it that have changed since v3.31 (which I am still using).

I have uploaded this to Aminet (which was still on OWB v3.29 for some reason), and you can download it from here.

Edited by ChrisH on 2011/6/13 12:17:05
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: OWB v3.31 uploaded
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
What nasty bugs are we talking about?
I'm using 3.32, the only irritating thing is the bookmark problems.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique
One bug that comes to mind is long delays in opening web pages & when closing tabs or quitting. It does not affect all people all of the time, but I recall that djrikki was extremely annoyed by it.

Another bug was some kind of crashing/instability, due to the new threaded curl (or something to that effect), possible due to us not having the latest pthreads (which beta testers have).

OK, I checked out the OWB thread, and someone reported Quote:
when shrinking the window to its smaller dimensions using the appropriate gadet or mouse and restoring/enlarging size again only the window itself is enlarged but not the content. The content stays in the old smaller area!

The second problem (even worse) is that OWB often freezes completely while entering text in large text areas (like within fora for example).

Seems to me that v3.32 is completely screwed-up for some people, and they'd much prefer to go back to v3.31. You can find the thread here.

Edited by ChrisH on 2011/6/14 9:48:58
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
OWb v3.31 is now available for download.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Thank you, much better here, web pages load much faster, shall see what other issues have been resolved

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
For OWB 3.32, whenever slowdowns appear (when closing a tab or quitting OWB), just click on "reload". It solves this slowdown problem.

Apart for this problem that I solved with the solution I've described above, I've not enountered any other trouble.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Oh that was unexpected, thanks Chris. :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks for the update Chris.

I went back to OWB 3.31 on May 2, 2011. I tried many Icon Tool types changes to speed up OWB 3.32 on my system. But in the end, It just wasn't worth the hassle. I found that the delays were completely random.

I use OWB 3.31 and NetSurf.

---
redfox

Edit ...

Edited by redfox on 2011/6/15 4:04:51
Edited by redfox on 2011/6/16 2:15:05
Edited by redfox on 2011/6/16 2:18:23
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Nor OWB or NetSurf use datatype to display images. These are decoded internally by the browsers.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sorry ... I meant Icon Tool types not datatypes.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I use 3.32 and I just press rcommand n to open a new tab to resolve the slowly-closing-tab issue. And that's what I'm usually doing anyway.

I've had a couple of those partial freezes though, where AmigaAMP 3 would be able to not only play a file but also proceed with the playlist, but no interaction was possible anymore.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I automatically downloaded it and installed it over whatever I had previously. I have an annoyance that I might have had before, but if I did, I don't remember how I fixed it.

I keep getting IconX windows telling me various font families "not found." Usually Verdana, sometmes Courier.

How do I make it stop?

Go to top

Register To Post