Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Pianeta Amiga 2009
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

afxgroup wrote:
@broadblues

this doesn't seems a crash since the keyboard works and i can make a soft reset without problems.
Weird..

@afxgroup

I have the same problem with my mouse randomly. Suddenly it stops working,the keyboard still works. I have a wireless logitech usb kbd/mouse on one usb. If i unplug and replug it works for some time again,and stops. Can do this until the usb system gives me an error. Then i have to reboot it. Thought it was an usb problem,but since you're not using usb...strange

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique
The bug occurs on a Sam440 when the system memory runs out, and the virtual (paged) memory kicks in. And sadly due to *another* bug, memory gradually disappears over time (on my system at a rate of 38MB per hour).

At least one (if not both) bugs have already been fixed, so we just have to be patient for another OS4.1 update.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

you can see that also by surfing long times with Ibrowse with some additionnal Ibrowse windows open on Ibrowse screen at the same time...

Sooner or later, the SAM freeze (2-3-4 time per hour) and need swith on/off the SAM. Boring......

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mrodfr
Since the Quick Fix, I can have OS4.1 running for many hours, which is why I noticed that memory was gradually disappearing.

If you are having to reset several times an hour, then I think you have a different problem (unless you are using 512MB with just IBrowse!!!). IBrowse is known to crash for some people on OS4 (allegedly due to a Petunia bug), so that could be it.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mrodfr

My guess is that it's nothing to do with Sam or 4.1.

Ibrowse struggles on a lot of sites now.
I had it crash more often on my A1200 under 3.9 than Sam and 4.1.

Think the Sam fares better because of the extra power and memory.

You would probably be better of switching to OWB at least until a new Ibrowse is released.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
Surprised that no-one has mentioned the BIG news about OS4.1 at the show. I will quote some AmigaWorld posters:

About USB 2.0: an ohci.device was shown, but it still is in early beta, so it's not sure and actually doubtful it will be included in the next updated which is due soon(ish).

[/quote]

Surely for a USB 2.0 it would need to be an ehci.device?, as ohci/uhci only control the ports at 12Mb/s .
I do hope that the problems that cause most of my USB devices to hang the system were fixed before starting work on the 2.0 drivers, this would be much more useful (to me)

Regards
Darren

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@All

I did a report of Pianeta Amiga in italian and english with a photo gallery :

http://www.os4games.it/speciali/pa09_en.html

i hope you like it

Please let me know if there are english errors and please let me know if you find a better way to say " this " and " that ", i' ll correct it immediatly

Thanks

Edit : Feel free to share it with other sites

and please, could anyone tell me the complete name of " Fab " ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

Fabulous?

I saw your report.
Thanks, although I look aweful, ;).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

Nice report.
iMica looks nice...

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

As os 4.1 is a working progress project ( as ALL the operating systems ) i was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature during the installation process..

It would be nice that during the installation process of Amiga OS 4.1, it automatically sets the maximum DMA speed available for the CD/DVD-ROM and for the HARD-DRIVE

That why i see that most of new users complain about speed and they often have DMA disabled ( i think that most of them ignore DMA factor ), so it would be nice if this feature could be add on the next update of Amiga OS 4.1

Thanks

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daz
Quote:

Surely for a USB 2.0 it would need to be an ehci.device?, as ohci/uhci only control the ports at 12Mb/s .
I do hope that the problems that cause most of my USB devices to hang the system were fixed before starting work on the 2.0 drivers, this would be much more useful (to me)

Check out nubechecorre's photo gallery - there is a photo of the USB setup window. It clearly shows an ehci device at the top.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@nubechecorre

The problem with that, is that user is unaware of any change made, or how it was made. If the change turns out to cause problems, the user doesn't know how to set it back.

As with any sort of "blanket" installer, just a baseline should be installed, and then let the user tweak the settings after. Especially with something like UBoot variables, where they may need to be changed back.

Simon

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

Ok thanks, i didn't think about that

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)