Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 5 »
The MUI vs Reaction slapfest thread (was OWB 3.6)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
New release in OS4Depot upload section:

History:
3.6 (10.2.2009)
- Added support for using OWB local toolbar images instead of the global
AISS ones and included an image set by Davide Calaminici. To use them
move the files in "Resources/ToolbarImages/Davide Calaminici" to
"Resources/ToolbarImages".
- Disabled support for tabs when running on AmigaOS 4.0.
- The progress bar is hidden again after loading the page has finished.
- Added the file chooser for uploads from the old Blastoise version.
- Instead of always creating new windows/tabs opening links in named
frames works now.
- Disabled rendering in inactive tabs which aren't still loading.
- Fixed 4th/5th mouse button double back-/forward (bugs.os4depot.net
issue #63).
- Changed copying images to the clipboard from 32 to 24 bit since too
much old software doesn't work correctly with 32 bit pictures.
- No longer uses CLICKTAB_EvenSize, TRUE to make the tab labels as
small as possible, it's using the GUI prefs settings for it now.
- The window was made too wide sometimes when opening new tabs, fixed.
- Changed "Copy as ISO-8859-1" menu item to copy texts in the local 8
bit charset instead of always ISO-8859-1.
- The menu and context menu texts use "Tab" instead of "Window" now when
tabs are used.
- Redraw can be done with the F5 key as well now (bugs.os4depot.net
issue #67).
- Session cookies are removed and the cookie file is only loaded and
saved once now.
- Added scrollbar theme from the shellos branch of OWB.

Edited by orgin on 2009/2/11 8:15:17
Go to top
Re: OWB 3.6
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Why were tabs removed from OS 4.0 version?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joerg

Thanks for the update, OWB is growing better at any version and this one is really fast on my SamEP440 !

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
- Disabled support for tabs when running on AmigaOS 4.0.

Oh no, why that?

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
i middleclicked a file, selected download linked file,
that made owb crash. i know downloads ain't implemented, just wanted to let you know this. even though it's a minor issue.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Seems really fast and stable. Also, the copy at the system encoding works really well... Thanks....

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
If i understood right, i should be able to reload the page using the " F5 " button right ? if so i doesn't work...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The man is a machine

well done for the continuing progress and dedication!

and yes I agree 100% it's QUICK on our SAMs!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Another great update, it's faster. Thanks.

?A1-C 750GX@800 OS4.1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

I like to know if the pop up bubbles(for example when leaves the pointer on a link) will be implemented in next updates or wasnt still planned to be implemented...
thanks.

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

Works like a dream! Thanks also to AmiUpdate, very handy as always!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Joerg

Thanks for this update.
OWB is VERY VERY fast compared to the previous version.

The best proof is that I post my first thanks using it.

What do you change to obtain that result ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Joerg

Will OS4 tabs be restored at some later date?

Anyway thank you for another great update, and for making my OS4 experience
that so much more enjoyable!

AmigaOne XE G4/800 OS4.1
Amiga 4000T, CSPPC@233Mhz, mediator + OS4.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Joerg

Another leap in speed, cheers.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@HammerD

Mmmm maybe because Reaction isn't up-to-date on 4.0 ?

Don't know but i'm quite sure that using MUI we can resolve a LOT of design issues, look at the AROS port, just few weeks to make a very complete GUI. here 1 year ...

Take a look:

http://sszymczy.rootnode.net/index.php?menu=projects&submenu=owb

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Joerg

Another fine update.

Thanks,
redfox

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@HammerD
Quote:
Why were tabs removed from OS 4.0 version?
Because closing tabs crashes on AmigaOS 4.0, and there are other problems like random chars instead of the page title in the tabs as well. At least that's what I was told by AmigaOS 4.0 users, I currently don't have an AmigaOS 4.0 partition for testing it.

@nubechecorre
Quote:
If i understood right, i should be able to reload the page using the " F5 " button right ?
No, just redraw it like with the View/Redraw menu item. I optimized too much when rerendering the pages to make it fast, for example while a page is still loading and images without width and/or height attribute are added it doesn't redraw enough, but it might happen in other cases as well. With the Redraw menu item, and now with F5 as well, you can make it rerender the whole (visible part of the) page in such a case.

@samo79
Quote:
Mmmm maybe because Reaction isn't up-to-date on 4.0 ?
MUI itself, without using any 3rd party classes, is much worse and has much less features than the AmigaOS BOOPSI classes.
MUI just has much more 3rd party classes, and there is next to no MUI software which works without any of them.

Quote:
Don't know but i'm quite sure that using MUI we can resolve a LOT of design issues,
If I would have had too use the MUI crap instead of ReAction there wouldn't have been any AmigaOS 4.x port of OWB with GUI at all, at least not from me.

Quote:
look at the AROS port, just few weeks to make a very complete GUI. here 1 year ...
If there would have been an open source AROS version of OWB one year ago when I started with the AmigaOS 4.x OWB port the AmigaOS 4.x port would have taken a few weeks instead ...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

samo79 wrote:

Don't know but i'm quite sure that using MUI we can resolve a LOT of design issues, look at the AROS port, just few weeks to make a very complete GUI. here 1 year ...

You could always pitch in and help if you think it's not going quick enough.

I'm not running you over the rocks but I don't think comparisons of this nature in a pro OWB 3.6 thread should be introduced.

Now there is a time and place for freedom of speech and even realistic summaries but I certainly am not going to sit by and allow this forum board to end up like EAB.

If I was a moderator this entry would have been eliminated

check out my avatar

help and support and suggest yes but if you have to draw comparisons do it with some tact and respect... amen

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeg

Quote:
MUI itself, without using any 3rd party classes, is much worse and has much less features than the AmigaOS BOOPSI classes.
MUI just has much more 3rd party classes, and there is next to no MUI software which works without any of them.

No offence at all, just to speak but where are the problem to use 3rd party classes ?
Almost 50% of Amiga software use them ...

Quote:
If I would have had too use the MUI crap instead of ReAction there wouldn't have been any AmigaOS 4.x port of OWB with GUI at all, at least not from me.

Again don't get me wrong, mine was only a consideration, I don't have any problem with Reaction itself but watching development my feel is that MUI permit to doing GUI's parts mutch easily, infact a LOT of AmigaOS4 software use it, and use it very very well IMHO...

Quote:
IIf there would have been an open source AROS version of OWB one year ago when I started with the AmigaOS 4.x OWB port the AmigaOS 4.x port would have taken a few weeks instead ...

Yeah I can understand what you mean, but that porting isn't 100% based of AmigaOS4 port, he write all part from scratch using Zune/Classes capabilities.

Aniway, thanks for you hard work, it is really apprecied

@Slayer

Quote:
If I was a moderator this entry would have been eliminated

Wow, great democracy from you, now I understand why often the Amiga/MorphOS/AROS users are not able to work together

Quote:
help and support and suggest yes but if you have to draw comparisons do it with some tact and respect... amen

??
In which part of my message I would have offend Joerg or his work?
Criticisms serve for helping and improve products, a place where criticisms are not accepted it is not a place in which it is worth to be ...

P.S.
Before you take a ban request for me I like to inform you that i'm 100% AmigaOS 4.0 supporter and AmigaOS4's moderator on Iksnet, one of the most important Amiga website out there ...

Edited by samo79 on 2009/2/11 3:39:35
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
Again don't get me wrong, mine was only a consideration, I don't have any problem with Reaction itself but watching development my feel is that MUI permit to doing GUI's parts mutch easily, infact a LOT of AmigaOS4 software use it, and use it very very well IMHO...
I had to do some MUI work already, for example I maintained PINT for some time, and if you want to do it correctly for complex GUIs using MUI is much more work than any other AmigaOS GUI system.
With MUI it's only easier to implement very simple GUIs, and even then only if you don't care that there is no visual feedback at all in the GUI while the application is doing something.

But even if MUI would be useable I'd never use it for AmigaOS 4.x software since I very much doubt the commerical MUI application licences, which were required to use all MUI features in MUI software without requiring the user to register MUI, are still available. MorphOS includes a full version of MUI, and the AROS Zune clone of MUI isn't a limited demo version either, but AmigaOS 4.x only includes a demo version of MUI (or maybe it's an OEM version, but with nearly the same limits as the AmigaOS 3.x demo versions of MUI).
For example if you use AmiTradeCenter on AmigaOS 4.x you get white text on white background, and it's impossible to change that without registering MUI ...

Quote:
Quote:
If there would have been an open source AROS version of OWB one year ago when I started with the AmigaOS 4.x OWB port the AmigaOS 4.x port would have taken a few weeks instead ...

Yeah I can understand what you mean, but that porting isn't 100% based of AmigaOS4 port, he write all part from scratch using Zune/Classes capabilities.
Implementing the GUI parts was at most 5%, more likely 1%, of the work of the AmigaOS 4.x OWB ports, and there would have been next to no difference if I would have used MUI, Zune or something else instead of the AmigaOS 4.x BOOPSI classes.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 5 »