Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
OWB 2.14
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... e=network/browser/owb.lha

History:
2.14 (15.11.2008)
- Removed the AddressBook from the OWB archive, it's available on
os4depot.net now (network/browser/owbaddressbook.lha).
- Updated to SVN revision 641.
- Added support for openamiga.org extended default mouse pointers
http://openamiga.org/?function=viewproject&projectid=35
(bugs.os4depot.net issue #40) and moved the included pointers to
Resources/Storage, except for contextMenuCursor which is missing in
the openamiga.org project. If you want to use the included pointers
instead of the openamiga.org ones, or own pointers, you have to put
them into the Resources directory.
- Fixed a bug in the AutoInstall script.
- Built current versions of libxml2 and libxslt.
- If the CONFIRMQUIT tooltype is enabled it displays a requester when
using the quit menu as well now (bugs.os4depot.net issue #44).
- Added GETURL ARexx command.
- If there is a 2nd %s in the BOOKMARKCOMMAND it's replaced by the
pubscreen name of the screen on which the OWB window is now.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: OWB 2.14
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@joerg

Btw the sys/def_contextmenupointer.info is in the openamiga pointer archive. It just looks similar to the normal one. Mason wanted it like that for his 'theme' of the pointers.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Quote:
Btw the sys/def_contextmenupointer.info is in the openamiga pointer archive. It just looks similar to the normal one. Mason wanted it like that for his 'theme' of the pointers.
Maybe I didn't understand the docs correctly, but IMHO it's something different. If it supposed to be the same the image used for it doesn't make sense.

The OWB contextMenuCursor will be displayed if there is a context menu at the current mouse pointer position and clicking the mouse will open a context menu, IIRC it's the same in NetSurf, but the openamiga contextmenupointer should be used while the context menu is displayed ("To indicate that a context menu is active.").

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@joerg

Yes but as I said, mason didn't want it to look much different* in his theme of default pointers. And the file is in the archive.

When someone makes a new theme of pointers, or someone replaces the envarc:sys/ pointer file themselves it might look some other way.

The descriptive text in the openamiga pdf is just a guideline to describe what the pointer type could be used for, it does not prevent you from using it for other similar purposes. For example the context menu pointer type is suitable to use to indicate that the pointer is currently hovering over a position that would produce a popup menu when left clicked.

The latter description just didn't end up in the pdf since the most common way of activating the popup menu is to right click at an arbitary position that wouldn't normally produce a popup menu had you left clicked. In which case you couldn't display another pointer type before the popup menu opens. If you want me to I could easily add that to the pointer description in the document for the next release.

Note that I said 'pointer type' above. The type is still applicable in this situation even if masons graphical representation might not be.

* Apparently the shadow is a bit different, but I can't see the difference on my monitor.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@orgin

The shadow is different - just enough to make the pointer look slightly closer to the screen, or the surface it is hovering over look slightly closer to the pointer. ie, it's the difference between no menu under the pointer and a menu under the pointer.

I agree with Joerg - it performs a different function to the old ContextMenuPointer. Using it in the same context doesn't make sense.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joerg

Is the download function included in this version ?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Chris

Well here's the kicker, the pointers and functions of the files included in the owb archive was the model for the open amiga pointers, including the context menu one. Just renamed to fit the os4 naming scheme. That is, a rename of the exact same pointer type, and now people don't want to use it for the same purpose.

Strange how the world works ...

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

No filesupport yet ;)
Anyway nice with updated SVN and other cool stuff. Thanks

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Quote:
The descriptive text in the openamiga pdf is just a guideline to describe what the pointer type could be used for, it does not prevent you from using it for other similar purposes. For example the context menu pointer type is suitable to use to indicate that the pointer is currently hovering over a position that would produce a popup menu when left clicked.
As Chris wrote not with the current image, with the different shadow representing a smaller distance to the background, the raised menu, it's the correct image while displaying a (popup) menu, but it doesn't fit to indicate there is one at the current position. When others create pointer themes they'll very likely use the ones from Mason as reference.

Quote:
The latter description just didn't end up in the pdf since the most common way of activating the popup menu is to right click at an arbitary position that wouldn't normally produce a popup menu had you left clicked.
That's the common way to access the general (popup) menu of an application, right click somewhere where no special context menu is. But for that you have to know where context menus are. For example in a web browser there can be a context menu for images (without link, for images with link the linkpointer would be used even if there is a context menu as well) with "Save image as ...", "View separately", etc. If it's activated with the right mouse button the OWB contextMenuCursor can be used to indicate you'll get a special context menu there instead of the "Project", "Edit", etc. menu you get everywhere else on the page.

Quote:
In which case you couldn't display another pointer type before the popup menu opens. If you want me to I could easily add that to the pointer description in the document for the next release.

Note that I said 'pointer type' above. The type is still applicable in this situation even if masons graphical representation might not be.
Since the image doesn't match the description the docs should be updated to clarify the purpose, but IMHO it would be even better to include both since the images have a different purpose and we have both already, for example rename the current one in the openamiga archive to menupointer (to be used while a menu is active) and use the OWB version as contextmenupointer (to indicate there is a context menu at the current mouse position).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:
No, I haven't implemented it yet.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Just a curiosity, what are the missing feature of Doduo 2.14 between Blastoise 1.24 ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
@nubechecorre

Quote:
No, I haven't implemented it yet.

Would some donations speed things up a little?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

More good progress, both with the browser and with PEB's address book.

Don't forget to take a look at your tooltypes, everyone, so you can set it up quickly again (especially screen DPI's)

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Once again a very nice upgrade.

Seems faster than OWB 2.13.

Thanks,
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

I didn't know that OWB even supported context menus. I mean, usually browsers give a context menu when you right click on a URL, so that for example you can make a URL open in a new window, or Copy the URL to clipboard, etc. This doesn't seem to work even with OWB 2.14. Especially the "Copy URL to clipboard" functionality would be really useful for me, that is the one I use the most in other browsers.

BTW, when typing a reply here on Amigans.net, it's really slow, I guess due to the "raining" SAM things on the top, which use about 60% or so CPU time, but even with 40% CPU time available typing shouldn't be this low IMHO.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@COBRA

Quote:
Especially the "Copy URL to clipboard" functionality would be really useful for me, that is the one I use the most in other browsers.

The only reason I added context menus to NetSurf is for that function.

The context menu pointer is probably for the HTML drop-down (option) menus.

Chris

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@COBRA

Quote:
I didn't know that OWB even supported context menus.
It doesn't, at least not the SDL and AmigaOS 4.x versions, it's been a long time since I last build a GTK version of OWB. But WebKit does, and like for a lot of WebKit features there are some empty functions in OWB for which "just" platform specific implementions have to be done.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

just have downloaded owb 2.14 via AmiUpdate and installed it without problems this way.

Unfortunately, OWB 2.14 crashes at some pages now whereas OWB 2.13 never crashed for me.

I use OWB on AOS4.1 and Sam440ep.

e.g. at

http://tamar.4players.de/phpBB

crashed everytime during loding the page.

I hope, you can fix this bug

greetings,
nexus.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nexus

Quote:

crashed everytime during loding the page.

Opps curiosity killed the cat!

AmigaOne XE G4/800 OS4.1
Amiga 4000T, CSPPC@233Mhz, mediator + OS4.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nexus
Works fine here. No crash or problems.

ace

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »