Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
76 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 76

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Which mp4/mp3 player on A1/OS4 ?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi all,

I would want to know from all A1/OS4 users if they have and use their mp3 player on A1/OS4.

I buyed and tested one : Archos 504 80G. It wasn't be recognised by A1.
I would want to buy one but ONE that can work and so fullfill it with plenty of mp3.

I would prefer a player with HD > 16Go.

I know it would be more reliable to choose a player with flash memory because they seem to be detected more often.

I must add that I use an unfixed A1.
I don't want to fix it.

Hope someone could bring me some good news.

Thanks

YesCop

Go to top
Re: Which mp4/mp3 player on A1/OS4 ?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@yescop

I use a Cowon iAudio X5 which is a 60Gb harddrive based mp3/movie player with colour lcd and fm radio.

What you need to look for is a player that is linux compatable, which usually means it uses massstorage to transfer files rather than the 'modern' system of letting propiatry software that's usually windwoes only to transfer files and create indexes. eg. the I-Poo...

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@yescop

Swimp3 256 Megs version works fine (had to reformat it to make A1 see it).
Iriver T10 : no avail. Tried to reformat it in different ways, there's no way to make it's and A1 recognize it's filesystem.

Both aren't MTP. They belong to "usb-storage" class.
Fixed mobo.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@yescop

My flash memory style MP3 player came in a white box with no markings of any kind on the box. Not sure if it is actually manufactured by Maycom or if it is intended to be a generic no-name device.

Model-480 User's Guide ? 2004 Maycom Co. Ltd.
MP3 Digital Player MP-480 also known as Model-480

My MicroA1 sees it as a 61 MB usbmassstorage.device and I can read from it, write to it, or use AmigaAMP or TuneNet to play the music files, just like any other drive on my system.

It also has earphones for standalone use. Powered by an AAA battery.

---
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@yescop

I have a Creative MuVo Mix 521MB which is basically a USB flash drive that works just fine. Pop it in the A1, it's recognized automatically, and I can then copy files back and forth with DOpus. I also use TuneNet/AAC Plugin to listen to the songs on my IPod Shuffle every great once in a while.

Also while not exactly an MP3 player, I sometimes use my Sharp Zaurus PDA to listen to music. I have a Multi-slot Card Reader attached to my A1 that I use to copy files to the PDA's SD card.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@yescop

I'm just using my Sony Ericsson K810i Mobile phone with 4gig memory as my mp3 player,works very good.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@yescop

Using Cowon M5 20GB and Cowon D2 8GB, both are recognized by my A1 without problems, so I-d say any Cowon player would be a sure bet.

Saluditos,

Ferran.

Amiga user since 1988
AOS4 Betatester
Member of ATO Spain
A1 Cfg
OS4 SCR
A1200
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Ferry and others

Thanks for your reply. I don't know the mp3 players but after your remarks and my researches, I am about to choose a Cowon A3, may be.

Thanks again and bye for you guys from USA and
hasta luego y saluditos for the others.

YesCop

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@yescop

I'm using one of those no-name, can't even remember the name. It gets recognised properly with OS4 but I had to revert to the v52.2 "massstorage.usbfd" (prior july-07 update) to use have it's icon pop up in workbench.

Anyway, stay away from those mp3-players, file operations or playlist are a pain to use..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@yescop

I have an archos xs202. This player is recognized by my AOne, but I had to change the settings from "Windows" to "external harddrive". Have a look on the settings of your player, maybe thats also possible. But as long as the AOne only has USB1.1 and problems with many large files to transfer I would recommend you use a PC for filetransfer..

Go to top

Register To Post