Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 13 »
Re: First native betas of dopus5, check this out !
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I do not have dopusrt in c: only in dopus:c/

I also found another little bug

When in icon mode showing the icon information when there is no file attached it uses it's own icon information window and not RAWBInfo.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Not a real bug but .. in a DOpus5 screen if a wallpaper is smaller than the current video resolution, then the wallpaper in background will not be stretched automatically

Aka it will be repeat ...

It would be nice if it were handled by default as it is currently handled by the normal Workbench screens

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Open environment prefs, backgrounds, and use the ? gadgets to set stretch mode. You can also use the file comment of the picture eg. set it to "dopus stretch"

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

Solved, thanks

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@all

It seems a lot of you need the V5.82 manual. This is an amigaguide version done by me with an extra page to the printed manual.

Get it here.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Severin

Sorry to say that but I followed your link and when I started to download it I wondered that it is a exe. I thought it would be a self-extracting archive but was warned by my antivirus software and the file was removed.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

Maybe it worth to include your amigaguide doc to distrib as well ?

@Olaf

You should untick "Use our download manager and get recommended downloads" option (right under download button). Or just grab it directly from there (i just reupload it there, so you have direct link)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kas1e

i did test your nighly build last night, and it worked flawless on my system.. this is very good.. and it's almost magical having two desktop's. will do some hard test later.

i see the other memory at the top are shown as 0.
is it possible we can change this by our self, at type in the memory we have on the gfx card. just wondering

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@noXLar
Quote:

your nighly build last night

Its not my :) There bunch of other ppls involved, and all the hardcore codework done by them, i am mostly do some more or less easy stuff like cleanup, some easy porting/fixing, organizing, compiler related issues, web/domain/server/crosscompilers, user archives, reports, some os4 specific fixes (like patching) and stuff. But when time come to fix real issues and crashes its now Xenic and BSzili. At begining Itix help us pretty much (sadly he seems busy, and so morphos version the worst one now, as its him who worry about mos support), and some time ago Rigo help us pretty much for few days.

Quote:

i see the other memory at the top are shown as 0.
is it possible we can change this by our self, at type in the memory we have on the gfx card. just wondering

Yep, Settings->Environment->Miscellaneous->Custom Screen Title. There you can choice all you need to show in title bar (press on dropdown gadget to see format)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@OlafS3

Downloads fine on IBrowse & AWeb, muiowb added the .exe thing and increased the filesize from 50k to 300k... but it doesn't do it everytime, I think it's something nasty a popup advert site is doing. try it again if you use owb and spoof as Oeigyn Web Browser.

@kas1e

Just grab it and include it...

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

sorry, I did not mean you directly, but just wanted to give you all a little credit for the work you have done. I know your team is working hard too achieve the goal you have set. I appreciate it, and so do many others.

Edited by noXLar on 2013/11/1 9:54:06
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@OlafS3

unclick the box beneath the download link else it downloads some bs downlaod manager along with the file which I'm sure is full of spam for your PC but harmless to our miggies

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I just downloaded and tried your Dopus5 for OS4 and it looks very good. I downloaded the nightly build from Nov 1, 2013 and it started up okay. No DSIs.
However, when I went to open the environment option window from the menu bar, I got a DSI. I selected ignore and continued. I saved my environment, loaded a theme I had downloaded from Aminet and it worked great.
I think I still have the hardcopy of my Dopus 5 manual around here somewhere. I'll need to look at how to set up file types using sniffer...I tried to do it the way I thought I remember it working and got nowhere...but its been a long time!

Overall, great work! Thanks to everyone who has contributed to get this working.

Scott

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ScottCabit

Look in storage/filetypes first and in documents.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ScottCabit

Quote:

However, when I went to open the environment option window from the menu bar, I got a DSI. I selected ignore and continued.

I can't reproduce it with latest nightlys. I.e. i download os4debug version, unpack it , dbl-click on dopus5, it runs on new screen, i go to settings/environment, and no DSIs, window opens, i can navigate in it, etc.

Are you sure you didn't mess some things ? Like maybe you put it over your old config directory, or maybe you have some old env-settings, or anything like that ? Can you try to reproduce it again from scratch and after hard reboot ? And if you can reproduce it, plz write full steps (step by step) how i can reproduce it (and stack trace also will be helpful).

@All

Can anybody else reproduce that DSI when you go to settings /environment ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

how you doing with dopus5? it's really nice to use dopus5 again so donated 100$ to help with your nightly build server cost.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@noXLar
Quote:

how you doing with dopus5?

Everyday builds going on. Lately mostly Xenic works on by fixing warnings and co (and previous we do some cleanup of makefiles , adding arm aros builds and so on). Also BSzili add support of password protected archives to XAD. But in brief just check commits log on svn.

There is some major problem which need to fix : to make clean exit with safe removing of patches, but there we have some problems, as originally its all done sucky and unclean (like authors initially never want to remove patches on exit, but some code related to it is here). So we need to deal with it somehow. Thread about here.

In others, i will update soon archive by new user's settings and post there changes.

Quote:

so donated 100$ to help with your nightly build server cost.

Thanks !

At least about 200$ is covered from 400$ in that year, so its motivate pretty much :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Magellan crashes AROS too, when I expunge dopus5.library with an "avail flush", so this issue isn't specific to OS4. It probably would do the same on MorphOS too... I'll try to figure out how programs like NetworkSnoop or Snoopium remove their patches without crashing the system.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili
Quote:

I'll try to figure out how programs like NetworkSnoop or Snoopium remove their patches without crashing the system.

Imho they just put original versions back (as dopus5 by idea do as well). Just problem about which Xenic told is dopus5 specific: we run from dopus5 bunch of programs, and then quit from it, so, those programs will be running with patched functions and what will happen once we will remove originals back. While with another standalone programs there is no problems to back patching functions to originals, as program itself after quit have no references to.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
And how is that different from what snoopium does? The trick is how you remove the patches. Snoopium for example adds an counter to each patched function, and atomically increases/decreases it when the function is called. This way you don't remove a patch when the function is in use.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 13 »