Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 92

mbrantley, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 13 »
Anonymous
Re: First native betas of dopus5, check this out !
@Severin

Big smurfs, how long until we reach the goal

I am speaking terms of using Dopus5 as stable file manager, extremely customizable, not as full WB replacement. But that kind of includes modules.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@vox
replacement mode or runnig it on wb make absolutly no differences in terms of modules. they uses all the time in all parts of dopus and does not matter on what mode you are.

and what goals you wait ? you can use it right now as anyone who in interest to use it, but not talk about times when he want to use it. just grab it and use, abd start post actual problems and not that water

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Is it possible dopus5 could scale icons the same way WB does?
I have a scale factor set to 70% in my WB, they look way too big in dopus5...

Maybe it's just me but I see the biggest potential to use dopus5 as sa WB replacement. It's too powerful to use it only as a file manager. I hope dopus team could modify and enhace it enough since WB is getting older...

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2
Yep, scalling can be good and in todo for features, but we have already a loot in pipeline (starting from bug fixing and ended up with all kind of important and eye-candy stuff).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Anonymous
@kas1e

Its ranking high on my Amidock, a bit of re learning on how to customize it, especially its on HD screen now, so fonts come first Are there any original manuals avail in PDF?

Its great, as it always is - best file manager. But doesn`t open most of files - we will see will installation of Datatypes help.

Epsilons blog helps a LOT!
http://amigax1000.blogspot.com/2013/1 ... lan-ii-beta-on-x1000.html

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@vox all the manuals are in pdf format on sourceforge.

DOpus55.pdf

DOpus582.pdf

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@severin,vox
and them all in documents directory in distrib archives too.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Anonymous
@kas1e

Great, haven`t payed attention to that drawer

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
New version for today contain a lot of new stuff (if you already download it today, redownload, as i rebuild it hour ago).

What in it:

-- removed Sound Module filstype used to play .mods, as it uses obsolete inovamusic.library which bang hw. Anyone who worry about .mods, of course will seteup their preffered music players.

-- new picture filetype from jPV : all images opens now via datatypes in multiview, as well as in rmb menu in lister for images added option "set as background"

-- "extended lister key selection" enabled by default. It allows you to type words in lister to find correct file. I.e. not just per single first letters, but by whole word.

-- added etnry "Split", to the lister's menu (as it only logical to have it together with "join").

-- added 3 more new filetypes sfrom jPV called "All files, All Directory and Version". That bring a lot (really a lot) of new and good stuff to handle directories and files. It added new entries to the menu when you select directory and press RMB (Get Size, Find File), as well as when you select a file and press RMB it have also new entries like: Duplicate, SmartRead (its filetype sniffer), Edit, Version and Open with XAD.

-- To lister's menu added entry "clone lister" (right at top). So for those who "very much dopus4 still" it can be easy to open a new lister on the same place, and do things like you do in dopus4.

-- font setting done right (still topaz by default, but to be seens how reuse normal fonts by default on all 4 oses). I.e. now names of icons and co all visibly normally on any backgrounds.

-- another 2 good features added to toolbar of lister: on makedir button you have more functionality now, if you press on it as LBM, it will be makedir. If you press on it RMB, then it will reacts as "create new file". And if you will press on it via middle mouse button, then it will do "Assign". Visually all looks good, with necessary images and co (which was done by Mason again).

As well as temporary fix those 2 problems about which Severin told (we reuse old Dopus5rt binary until proper port of it done, as well as configopus.module are free of null-pointer bug, which we also need to find and to fix).

Pluse as it told, title bar now looks good, and not ugly. The only problem is that "clock" now didn't works as need it, and instead we just add it to the end of title bar buffer, which make it disappear most of time, so its in TODO.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Nice :)

I've edited the version command a little, I changed it to a script that uses requestchoice if available or opens it's own console window if not. It also compares the copy in ram if any with the file version and displays both if they are different.

Here's the script:

.bra {
ket }
key file

FAILAT 30
SET vers1 
`Version full "{file}"`
SET vers2 `Version full file "{file}"`
IF 
EXISTS C:RequestChoice

IF "$vers1EQ "$vers2"

RequestChoice Version "$vers1Ok >nil:
 ELSE

RequestChoice Version "Version in ram:*n$vers1*n*nVersion of File:*n$vers2Ok >nil:
 ENDIF
ELSE
 IF 
"$vers1EQ "$vers2"

ECHO $vers1 >con:20/20/480/120/Version/CLOSE/WAIT

ELSE
  ECHO 
"Version in ram:*n$vers1*n*nVersion of File:*n$vers2>con:20/20/480/120/Version/CLOSE/WAIT

ENDIF
ENDIF
UNSET 
vers1
UNSET vers2

Save the script as Dopus5:Scripts/Version

Change the ALL filetype as follows:

Open filetypes editor (ramiga 5), double click 'All DEFAULT' in the list. Double click 'Version' in the Icon Menu list.

Click the existing command and delete it.
Click new and set it to

[Script] dopus5:scripts/version {o}

In flags set Cd Source & Run Asychronously to on, everything else off

Click use, use & save.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Anonymous
@kas1e

http://dopus5.org/downloads/nightly/Dopus5_90_dev_os4_debug.lha

Will do Thanks!

P.S.
Is there a way to support your work (PayPal donations).
Since I have just paid Loriano for my custom keyboard,
it will wait for Nov/Dec, but for now you do great job.

P.P.S.
Ranked you 5 on AmiWest compo

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

Check plz todays build: xenic rewrote DopusRT5, as well as he found why it didn't works for us before : seems or you place it in system:c/ , or you have from old installation those "path add dopus5:c" string, while for me it was always in dopus5:c/ only, and all what i have in startup its only dopus5 assing just to make loadwb works when i in replacement mode. And because of that dopusrt wasn't found on our setups. Now it should works as 68k original. As well as no needs to have dopusrt5 in sys:c/ anymore, or any those patches to dopus5:c/. It will taken from dopus5:c/ directly.

As well as that nullpointer crash in configopus.module when native icons is used Xenic fix too (week ago or so). As well, as BSzili fix yesterday "clock" handling a bit more, so now titlebar issues almost fixed as well (only need to put that clock at the end of title bar now somehow, and it will be the same as in original, just without bugs).

Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/29 6:00:42
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
If you want the clock to be at the right end of the title bar, you have to draw it directly into the screen title, like the original code did.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BSzili

Quote:
you have to draw it directly into the screen title, like the original code did.

And this is what we're trying to teach people not to do.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie
Don't tell this to me, I was the one who got rid of the code which drew directly into the screen's title bar

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e
On Workbench i use "envtime" (OS4depot), but it shines
not to work with dopus. I try to add the env variable in the
enviroment-misc-prefs but no luck...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TerasOfMe

Try today's dopus5 build, its all works now. Just not at the right side of title bar, but after title-bar text. Which almost what we need and done in system "right" way.

But if you want exactly on the right side , then disable dopus5's clock, and use DigiClock (on os4depot).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e
cool, will try it as soon as i can.

EDIT:

Tryed..and it works :D

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BSzili

Quote:
Don't tell this to me, I was the one who got rid of the code which drew directly into the screen's title bar

BIG UP!

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Embed a "ClockWindow" specifically for time display at the place required and set it up with a "transparent" rastport?

Would that work?, no title, no gadgets, no border anything...
just enough to display the relevant text and that is all?

I recall the instance of GimmeZeroZero and "Backdrop" flags in Intuition for such things... would they help?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 13 »