Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 118

trixie, amigakit, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

TimberWolf improved?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

haven't used TimberWolf for a while. I used to apply all updates since the nice new update systems took place. Today i launched TimberWolf and, with my surprice, i noticed that Timberwolf is more reactive and a bit more faster... and having no freeze till now. Anyone else experienced such beahviour or it's just a trick of my mind?

Just curious if any update is responsible of this improvements. Considering i have the good and humble 440 ep, other user that have more ram and more Mhz should have now a very good browsing experience on Amiga.

Go to top
Re: TimberWolf improved?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaBlitter

Quote:
Hello,

haven't used TimberWolf for a while. I used to apply all updates since the nice new update systems took place. Today i launched TimberWolf and, with my surprice, i noticed that Timberwolf is more reactive and a bit more faster... and having no freeze till now. Anyone else experienced such beahviour or it's just a trick of my mind?

Just curious if any update is responsible of this improvements. Considering i have the good and humble 440 ep, other user that have more ram and more Mhz should have now a very good browsing experience on Amiga.

On the strength of your post, I've just given Timberwolf a try and get the folowing Crashlog :(

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
There hasn't been a change to tw for quite some time. I think last one was insept 2012. An update somewhere on amigans said that next version will be based on firefox v19. Which just has been released(?) for windows.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
It is responsive and good for a while on my X1000, but using 4 or more Tabs it stalls for 2 minutes or more on some pages! I rather use OWBMUI which runs fine all the way through...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
That's really strange. I played a bit yesterday nad had no crash. Seems more stable. Maybe something to do with the last intuition and workbench update we had?

Retired
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmigaBlitter
It did not crash, but stops loading page for 2 minutes, stops reacting on user input for 2 minutes...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes this slow startup (since you can't do much, window or no window) is a problem.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Runs better for me. Bookmarks are working again. They didn't before. I opened a link to an HTML5 video and it opened it and ran it (albeit ever so slowly and without sound.) I don't think it ever got that far for me before.

Must be some of the OS improvements.

Replying with Timberwolf now after watching the video,

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@gerograph

On my A1 G4 XE machine it's slow all the time and not usable. It crashed the first run and after a reset it worked but really slow all the time. It brings back memories from runing Netscape under MacOS using Fusion on my a4k and AGA... Probably with analog modem.

Anyway, it wasn't faster now from when it was released on my machine. I have to admit though that it is kind of cool to see the FF GUI on AOS and that it is working :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

for me on sam 440, TW doesn't crash anymore at startup. I tried four times. But I have always this problem. Sometimes, when I want to access to some pages, TW is in a loop state. It tries to connect but the image connection (rolling circle) stays grey and not green.
When this arrives, I know I must quit TW and relaunch it because no more connection are made.
it is a pity. Even it is slower than MuiOwb, I like to use TW.

Since a lot of months without an amiga to love, I was lost.
Now I feel happiness again with a Sam Flex 800 .
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
On my sam440 TW doesnt crash, but its not fast either.

Alien Air Attack

SAM440@733 mhz as main amiga.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
On my XE it runs well except for a crash on exit but it's quite handy that it can use the same add-ons as the PC like noscript to keep it fast and flashgot to download flash videos.

A1-XE-G4 7455/933 - 2GB RAM - OS4.1 beta - Radeon 9200-256
Audigy2 - ESI Julia - Solo1 - X10 (cm11a) - WiFi (WAP11) - 2x80GB HDD
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Timberwolf is now worse for me, it crashes on start-up every time unless I do it straight after a fresh re-boot. If I run SimpleMail oor MUIOWB previously it won't run at all, anyone else experiencing this?

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Could it be that you are missing some updates? I had a sam situation but I run updates.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky

Yes it's because FontConfig, MUI OWB use it aswell, so it sometimes crash when you start TW having MUI OWB opened

Go to top

Register To Post