Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 17 »
Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
So now that we have donated money to get source code, I guess it should be possible to upload a fixed version of Opus5 to Aminet whit everything included to install and run it.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2012/12/23 20:42:10
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt
Sure, but not now. That all need test and retest many times before any uploading, + disable registration window and so on. Better to wait for first native builds if do upload anything, to avoid all that "they screw up dopus5, i know it!" and all the other usuall amiga-users stuff :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Nbache

As you ask about making dopus5 as dopus4, then there is fast example (but you can see of course, that all icons, buttons, etc, can be configurd and change the same way 1:1 as dopus4).

There you even can set options for "lock" the lister, so you can't move it at all. The same pressing by mouse buttons on the "very left area" of screen will go you to parent directory as in dopus4. The same when you choice anything and do "copy" it will copy from one locked lister, to another. I.e. absolutly and totally the same as dopus4, can be.

I do not know if it possible with current version to swith vertical scrollbars beetwen right/left sides, but thats sure will be easy to add, and then it can be just looks like one single dopus4 (+all other bonuses).

Check it:

Resized Image

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I can try it in a real A1200/060/aga and a winuae setup. Good work friends.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tolkien
Yep, do it plz

@all
As we have all the rights for dopus5 now, can anyone explain how it was years ago with releases. Was there 5.8 CD release , + 2 patches in .lha form to 5.81 and then to 5.82 ?

If so, can anyone make an full ISO of 5.8 CD (and point out on patches archives), so we can upload it to files section on SF ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

If so, can anyone make an full ISO of 5.8 CD (and point out on patches archives), so we can upload it to files section on SF ?

Do you the right to do that? Having the source doesn't automatically imply the right distribute material from previous releases.

Doom and Quake spring to mind, you get the code, but not the content. Slightly different being games, but still...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
kas1e wrote:
@Nbache

As you ask about making dopus5 as dopus4, then there is fast example (but you can see of course, that all icons, buttons, etc, can be configurd and change the same way 1:1 as dopus4).
Mmm, looks interesting.

When you say there is a fast example, do you mean a configuration file which is already set up like that so it can just be loaded, and then you have the DOpus4-like setup?

Also, can I load my button definitions and file types etc. from DOpus 4 into DOpus 5, so I don't have to redo them by hand?

If I should consider switching, an important point would be that I don't have to spend a lot of time to set the same things up again which I already have in DOpus 4.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have tried many times to log on to ftp sites using the fixed version of Magellan and it has not yet worked. I have tried both anonymous sites requiring no password as wel as ones that require a username and password, and have used the ftp address book as well as tried directly adding the ftp to a lister at the bottom entry line.
I see a requester that shows logging in, logged in successfully, then "reading directory". This remains this way forever unless I abort.
The same sites work properly using amiftp.

What could be wrong here?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Scott: is there a way to set active/passive connection?
The whole ftp client has the be brought up to date, a lot has happened to the ftp protocol since opus5 was released. We need support for sftp and ssh.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache Quote:
If I should consider switching, an important point would be that I don't have to spend a lot of time to set the same things up again which I already have in DOpus 4.
If you want DOpus 5 to behave exactly like DOpus 4, then IMHO stick with DOpus 4. OTOH, if you want the benefits of DOpus 5, then you will have to be prepared for some effort to switch... (P.S. I very much doubt there is any way to import DOpus 4 settings into 5, although there *probably* are premade settings to imitate DOpus 4.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

AFAIK there was some kind of migration tool from GPSoft that were part of one of the 5.x DOPus suites. Maybe 5.11? I think it were able to read your DOPus 4 settings and translate it into DOPus 5.x settings. But I don't know with which version it was distributed.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache
Quote:

When you say there is a fast example, do you mean a configuration file which is already set up like that so it can just be loaded, and then you have the DOpus4-like setup?

Yes of course, you can do anything you need, save and then load when you need. You even can save it as "default", so no need for loads at all.

You can load/save "environemtns", "themes", "buttons sets" and whatever anyone need. Dopus5 looks just very very advanced filler with all the features which we ask from orgin. In same parts it looks outdates (like some scrollbars, icons, toolbars), but its _very_ easy to change once we will have native builds. All those problems with "ftps" or anything , can be easy changes as well. Dopus5 is just big fat trueamiga core for modern manager, which you can configure in almost any way you need.

Quote:

Also, can I load my button definitions and file types etc. from DOpus 4 into DOpus 5, so I don't have to redo them by hand?

There was some conversion tools back in past (expectually for buttons 100%), but i do not remember their names/places. You can check MagellanPlusCD - it has a lot of 3d party stuff.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
ChrisH wrote:
@nbache Quote:
If you want DOpus 5 to behave exactly like DOpus 4, then IMHO stick with DOpus 4.
My point exactly! I'm happy with and very used to DOpus 4 and have made lots of custom buttons and filetype settings etc. So for me the perfect situation would be if someone continued to maintain DOpus 4. But everybody raves about Magellan and how I can get it do do things just like DOpus 4. So, if that should be of any benefit for me, it should either cost "next to nothing" in configuration time and learning curve, or I should be forced to switch because DOpus 4 stopped working with e.g. new OS versions, and nobody stepped up to fix it (or similar).

At the moment, neither of these seems to be the case, so I should probably just stick with DOpus 4 and spend my time on something more useful than reconfiguration .

But power to all those of you who do see a benefit in Magellan and will invest the time necessary.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
kas1e wrote:
@nbache
Quote:

Yes of course, you can do anything you need, save and then load when you need. You even can save it as "default", so no need for loads at all.
No, what I meant was if there is in the package a prefs file which somebody has already set up, which I can just load to get the DOpus 4-like setup. Of course I can always make any number of recofigurations and save them in my own prefs file to reuse at another time, but I wanted to save the effort of making the reconfiguration myself if somebody (GPSoft or some user out there) had already done it for me.

Quote:
There was some conversion tools back in past (expectually for buttons 100%), but i do not remember their names/places. You can check MagellanPlusCD - it has a lot of 3d party stuff.
Thanks, I'll do that if/when I make the decision to switch. I know I have that 13-14 years old CD somewhere here ...

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I hope someone release a fully unkrauted version for 68k too.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Nbache
In any way you will need to deal with settings. Even if such a prefs is present, you still will need to adapts it for your need. In any case there will be problems which you need to solve.

Anyway, as you sounds a bit lazy for worring to make all what you need with, and you says that dopus4 are fine for your need, then imho stick with dopus4 until you will not have any needs with dopus5 :) Step by step you will learn dopus5, will find out some new nice bits, and then once you will think its is time, you can just migrate, or just use dopus4 all the time :)

@fryguy
Quote:

I hope someone release a fully unkrauted version for 68k too.

Unkrauted ? You mean with removed registration and co ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Dopus5 is just much more than Dopus4. I used it a long time as workbench replacement since it was released, because it offered much more than workbench. But it would have to be modernized in several aspects, now (icon support, 64bits support, small gliches here and there).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e: no what i mean is that most Magellan versions seems to have german buttons etc.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
kas1e wrote:
@Nbache
In any way you will need to deal with settings. Even if such a prefs is present, you still will need to adapts it for your need. In any case there will be problems which you need to solve.
Yes, of course. I was just looking for a quick way to see for myself how it works when in "DOpus 4 mode". And of course, if I can additionally find some tool which can load most of my button/filetype action settings from DOpus 4, that would be an extra bonus.

Quote:
Anyway, as you sounds a bit lazy for worring to make all what you need with,
Okay, call me lazy. Nah, it's just that I have very little spare time (job and family taking their part), and I do want to use as much as possible on OS betatesting and translation etc., so sometimes I tend to stick with old familiar tools and not jump ahead if it looks like lots of work to do so.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@fryguy
Quote:

no what i mean is that most Magellan versions seems to have german buttons etc.

By default magellan do not have button, you setup it as you wish. But yeah, german used a lot in examples. But that is not problem, you can help with english examples :)

@Nbache

I will make a dopus4 prefs special for you when we will have native builds :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 17 »