Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 125

Maijestro, sailor, pjs, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Update 5 installed
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've installed update 5 yesterday on my A1XE and lost network connection on ethernet.
This makes fiddling around pretty hard as I have no mouse/keyboard connected but use Synergy.
So, no network, no input

I have to dig out mouse/keyboard for A1 to be able to look for the error.

Grrr...

Ciao, Alfred

Edited by serpi on 2012/8/22 12:19:27
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I had also lost the connection. Solved by replacing bsdsocket.library with the old version....

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ricossa and serpi,

Rather than simply revert it might be a good idea to bring this up on the hyperion forum, if you haven't allready. A solution may be found or possibly bug found if there is one. Not having an A1XE I can't investigate futrther myself.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Ricossa
This didn't solve my problem.

But removing the "run" in the startup-sequence for excuting Network-Startup helped.
Now network is up and all is running again

Ciao, Alfred

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Anyone else see the irony?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@serpi

So when you say your netwrok was broken , what exactly were the symptoms?

Were you lauching a network based app from user-startup or wbstartup, and finding that the network wasn't available ?

If so the idea is that you now start the program from network startup, that way you are assured that they always start after the network is up, and the boot process doesn't get held up by a slow to start network connection.

[edit]
Looking at your report you are using synergy, this therefore needs moving to network startup.
[/edit]

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

I have Synergy Client startup (Shell script in S:), some WB clock that shows weather and AmiUpdate in WBStartup.
All told me on startup that there was no network connection and it didn't restore, I was also unable to open Internet prefs (it simply didn't open).

You're right of course, I should move Synergy startup to Network startup, maybe this caused the whole stack to hang.
But making such changes or deeper tests is pretty hard without input and I only found a spare mouse and no extra keyboard

I hope I will have some time later today when I'm back home at my Amiga to do some tests, I will then move Synergy startup in Network startup and reinsert the run command.

Thanks & Ciao,
Alfred

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
But making such changes or deeper tests is pretty hard without input and I only found a spare mouse and no extra keyboard

You shouldn't have thrown them away

Only with the mouse you can use Utilities/Keyshow to enter keyboard events. You need some patience too if you have to type long text

If you are using Wet, read below and add some delay:
http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk/index.php?pg=wet

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

You shouldn't have thrown them away

Well, not thrown away, they are just "somewhere"

Quote:

Only with the mouse you can use Utilities/Keyshow to enter keyboard events.

Ah, forgotten about that.
Great idea, thanks.
I used the mouse to copy/paste some text in startup sequence to make it work

Quote:

If you are using Wet, read below and add some delay:
http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk/index.php?pg=wet

No, I'm not using wet, it's flipclock.

Now I changed startup-sequence back to starting network with run and put synergy into network startup script which made the network work but gave me errors from flipclock and AmiUpdate that there's no active network connection.
So I've put flipclock also into network-startup (but it has to be started with WBRun) and it works as it should, only AMiUpdate stills give's an Ringhio message that there's no internet connection (and I would like to keep AmiUpdate in WBStartup).
I had to remove the self update option on start in AmiUpdate to get rid that error.

So, now I'm back to original startup-sequence, thanks for the hints!

Ciao, Alfred

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
serpi wrote:

Now I changed startup-sequence back to starting network with run and put synergy into network startup script which made the network work but gave me errors from flipclock and AmiUpdate that there's no active network connection.
Great, that means the suggestions above had the right idea.

Quote:
So I've put flipclock also into network-startup (but it has to be started with WBRun) and it works as it should, only AMiUpdate stills give's an Ringhio message that there's no internet connection (and I would like to keep AmiUpdate in WBStartup).
I had to remove the self update option on start in AmiUpdate to get rid that error.
For both FlipClock and AmiUpdate, you could start them from WBStartup with a little trick: Create a script for each one which starts with a Wait command, long enough for your network to become fully active, and then launches your tool, with WBRun if necessary. Then start these scripts from WBStartup instead of the original tools. You may need to create a tool icon for each script and set them to start from Shell.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Just in case nobody else has noticed, there appears to be a new bug in Update5 MUI. When entering text very fast in the YAM editor the GUI elements (and the text sometimes) flash as you are typing. I'm more or less a touch typist and look at the screen instead of the keyboard when typing. However, you can see the problem by rapidly entering random text while looking at the computer screen. It appears to be bad GUI refreshing. I reinstalled my old MUI directory from my backup Update4 partition and the problem disappears so I think it's an Update5 MUI bug.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
Does the MUI problem also happen in MUI-OWB & other MUI apps? Or just limited to just YAM and/or a particular MUI text-input class?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I didn't see this refresh problem with YAM 2.7, but I think I have the latest 3rd party libraries YAM is using (just an idea). In fact, with the previous MUI release that version of YAM had problems with the Find window that have vanished.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I have just checked the Hyperion's page and I noticed that it is not updated.. Update 5 does not appear in the main page and also it does not appear the news (old now) about Amiga OS 4.1 for Classic. It only says that Amiga OS 4.1 for Amiga Classic is imminent..

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)