Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
40 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 40

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SAM460Lite & AmigaOS4.1 for DjNick bounty
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Most of DjNick's music and graphics was done on Amiga back in the days, and now, he want to help AmigaOS4 to get some better design by making improved skins, icons and graphics. But its pretty hard to be working effectively on gfx design of OS and OS components, when you don't own the actual machine. So, this bountys aim is to get Nikola a sam460EX Lite motherboard & AmigaOS4.1 licence. The Sam460 is EUR 610,- excl. shipping and vat. So we should end at around EUR 850,- which is what we are trying to collect.

Resized Image

For donations go here

Do you remember the days when Amiga was popular because of our skilled artists, who contributed stunning tunes and graphics for amiga games, demos and apps? Sure you remember those days. Many of us was attracted to Amiga because of that.

One of the old-known graphic artist and musicians is DjNick (Nikola Tomic, from Serbia). He contributed for Amiga community back in the past with f.ex. non-commercial music video for a goa-trance song with the name "Warp", which features 3D animations made in LightWave. You can check that video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD_AltKxwwo
DjNick also Composed music and sound effects for Amiga game "Capital Punishment" for Canadian Publishers "ClickBoom". It was the top Seller "beat’em-up" game in 1996, with music and SFX scores as high as 97% in some computer magazines.

Some recent work of DjNick can be seen on the freshly done AmigaOS4 site http://amigaos.net, which was done to help Hyperion to have a good looking and professional site. Just check all the links below, where you can find most of DjNick's work (music, graphics etc.).

http://www.djnick.rs
http://djnick2k.deviantart.com/gallery
http://www.behance.net/djnick
http://www.coroflot.com/djnick
http://www.youtube.com/djnykk
http://www.graphicriver.net/user/djnick/portfolio?ref=djnick

The work Nikola will do as compensation for the motherboard+OS is outlined belov. Keep in mind that this will be not be official work managed by Hyperion, but 3rd party contributions from a skilled graphic artist.

1. New AOS4 themes (At least one new stylish theme).

2. New Frames for MUI (version of MUI, which will be released in AmigaOS4.2). Those frames can also be used on Morphos's MUI4, so MOS-users can contribute as well;)

3. New MUI themes (At least one new stylish theme). As we soon will have an updated MUI(4?), themes can also be used for MorphOS MUI4 as well.

4. New AOS4 backdrops (1, 2 or more).

5. New AOS4 icons for different kind of projects/games/demos/mags/apps (1, 2 or more, depends).

6. Workbench loading audio samples with female voice.

7. AmigaOS video presentations and animations on Youtube with examples what Amiga can do today.

Understand that this is the minimum work that will be done as compensation for the bounty, much more will hopefully come in the future.

With this bounty we can attract a good designer that loves Amiga computers and it's OS, please make a donation today.

For donations go here

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: SAM460Lite & AmigaOS4.1 for DjNick bounty
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

This is a good idea. Let's hope you make the amount required.
I can't donate with paypal.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique and others

I you cannot use Paypal but really have the urge to donate please send me an email.
You can use wire transfer or put the money in an envelope (euros please) and send them by normal post. Others have done so in the past, it's no problem.

When it comes to receiving money, there's always a solution

@all
Please also remember the avcodec.library update bounty.

Edited by Troels on 2012/1/6 21:21:27
Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels
About 700 already :)

I am almost sure, if normally PR all the other bountyes which we have kind-of-waiting (i.e. suggested, but not assigned ones), it also can make a difference.

Did Diego works already on avcodec.library update ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Diego is busy at work with Avcodec as we speak (ok maybe not literally) and have been for some time using only cross-compiler (if I understood him correct) before he got the loaner HW.

Regarding the unassigned bounties they are not evaluated by the team (keep in mind we're slow and lazy!) and no developers so far have shown interest. Is there something for you amongst them? ;)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels
Btw, i cheked suggested ones, and found just some of them can be already deleted, like for example:

SDL Improvement Project - all done already.

All the "Java" related suggestion - jaokim and co. works on all of this for a long time and still. If not him, then no one. So can be deleted for sure.

cross-platform documentation for SDK - i do not know why it even suggested, because that documentation already kind of done, but if it still mean to make some good PDF about i can do that. Through, in description some words about "fixing includes" done - that is not necessary at all.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@troels

No, i won't contribute. This bounty should have been completed in 5mins if you ask me.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Will be so nice to get Dj Nick back. Feels like 90s :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Very close now

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'd rahter conrtibute for a new amiga for alfkil now when hi's sam is broken but this seems like a nice guy too so i'll donate some money soon.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes i agree with smf. Lets get a new amiga to alfkill.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Yes, alfkil deserves an X1000. I'd contribute to such a bounty, too.

nexus

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
We have almost 900euro now, cool :)

As about Alfkil, i write him mail today, and asking about if he fix his sam, and if not, will he in interest if i will manage bounty the same as for nick, and we will send him new sam460. So will see what he will say, and if he will agree, then we can make one more.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

So is the bounty complete? How long did it take?

Seems like alfkil's sam has been fixed and is on it's way back.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique
Sure, bounty can be closed for now.

What is funny, is that when bounty is completed, only then other amiga-realated sites post news about a bounty, but it was too late already, and dunno why they not check the last comments before making posts

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
rest of the money goes to other bounties ? just curious, would be nice if it would go to Diegos bounty.

Go to top
Anonymous
As DJ Nick is creative designer, and personal friend of mine, would like to thank everyone for donating

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kicko
Rest of money goes towards shipping, vat and tax.
I will place an order with acube on monday.

Go to top

Register To Post