Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Nemo version 3
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi All,

I noticed from the Amiwest reports that there seems to be a third revision of the X1000 m/b, but I can't find any info about this:

Has the spec changed again?

How does this affect the delivery schedule?

Anyone got any more info?

Darren

Go to top
Re: Nemo version 3
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daz
Either Ben or Trevor mentioned that there was a change in the South Bridge used.

Happiness is mandatory
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daz

Trevor quote "The revision 2 Nemo Beta Test board will be delivered late in
the 4th quarter. Assuming there are no major technical surprises,"

"Yes that is correct. I'm not sure where the revision 3 rumours comes from?"

This from the x1000 mailing list today.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sundown

Have somebody got an e-mail from Ben Hermans about new information from the betatest programm?Trevor wrote to me,that we will get new information at the end from october

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sundown

Quote:
Trevor quote "The revision 2 Nemo Beta Test board will be delivered late in
the 4th quarter. Assuming there are no major technical surprises,"

"Yes that is correct. I'm not sure where the revision 3 rumours comes from?"

This from the x1000 mailing list today.

yeah.... this might have been my fault. in a post on AW.net in a response to a question about what was being announced at the time, i mentioned a 'revision 3' nemo board when i had meant revision 2.

sorry, guys! i'll find my post and correct it....

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

Thank you. But don't beat yourself up over this either.
Between multiple websites and irc, I saw a lot of people throwing numbers around. I'm surprised there has not been -more- misunderstanding actually.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy

Yes,lets hope the beta bords are ready soon, It's the last day of october now......

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

Ah, I see now. That's actually good news from my point of view, as I was wondering what prompted the need for another revision. Such a process would only take up valuable time.

As regards the Southbridge rumours, the problem wasn't that they changed which one to use. From what's been said at both the VCF and AmiWest, its simply that integrating the AMD Southbridge with the Power CPU has proven to be rather complicated and has set the whole project back by some way.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@tommysammy

Quote:
Have somebody got an e-mail from Ben Hermans about new information from the betatest programm?Trevor wrote to me,that we will get new information at the end from october

As far as I know, no one has recieved an email saying anything either way.

Post by Trevor on AW today,
"I understand that Hyperion Entertainment will be making an official announcement about their AmigaOS4.x plans and the AmigaOne X1000 Beta test Programme."

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@T-J
Trevor clarified to me that the AMD southbridge was already present on the Rev 1 motherboard. Rev 2 only had minor changes (plus an upgraded XMOS chip).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Anonymous
@Daz

OK, its the same revision, but with AMD chip revealed

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daz

AMD SB600?

That is a fairly old southbridge.

Go to top
Anonymous
@HammerD

SB600 (Southbridge)
The southbridge paired with some of the 580X and 480X chipsets, all of the 570X chipsets, all AMD 690 chipsets, and early AMD 790 chipsets, is the SB600 or IXP600. It is based on a 130 nm fabrication process with dimensions 23 mm?23 mm and 549 pins FC BGA package,[5] and provides 10 USB, 1 ATA/133, and 4 SATA 3.0 Gbit/s interfaces.[6] It supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, and 10 across all four SATA ports (all four ports are required for RAID 10 functionality, Alert Standards Format (ASF) 2.0 and high-definition audio codec support. Also, the chipset says it supports 64-bit DMA but it really only supports 32-bit.[7]

ATI unveils SB600 South Bridge
Ethernet? What's Ethernet?
By Tony Smith ? Get more from this author
23rd May 2006 13:57 GMT
ATI has announced its anticipated South Bridge chip, the SB600, the chipset component designed to limit the company's dependence on ULi, the chip maker now owned by ATI's arch-rival, Nvidia.

The SB600 hooks up to ATI's Xpress 3200, 1600 and 1100 North Bridge chips. It can support up to four 1.5Gbps or 3Gbps Serial ATA drives which can be configured in RAID 0, 1 or 10 modes. A single parallal ATA channel is included for Ultra DMA 33/66/100/133 peripherals.

The chip can host ten USB ports and up to six PCI slots. But while the part offers HD audio with support for four codec chips, multiple independent I/O streams and S/P DIF digital connections, ATI's description of the product is oddly empty of references to networking, Gigabit or otherwise - surprising given the SB600's support for other business PC-friendly technologies, such as Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and remote management.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu

Well, I think that it could have been in some way connected with the speech of Ben Hermans. Listening to him for the first time I also thought that he was talking about the third revision of the board while he meant the third version of the case into which the board will be put into. But later on he clearly stated about the second revision of the board being put into production,.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Nice video from AmiWest here http://blip.tv/file/4320600

Plays/downloads ok with ClipDown.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I guess this is an older thread, but looking at the fully populated board today, it still looks like an SB600.

Compare with other picutres of sb600, sb710, sb810, sb850
(I can't find an sb820m pic, will have to take one)

Kindof hard to see, but try to make out the little caps on the top of the sb chip, which I think is rotated 90degrees clickwise in this x1000 picture. The pattern of those matches pattern on sb600.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

X DIRT-EDGE X Entertainment

A1200/X5000
Go to top

Register To Post