Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

NPAPI in OWB?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
What's up with NPAPI support in OWB?

I read the bug tracker suggestion comments where Joerg
and afxgroup commented to each other then all of a sudden
the suggestion is Closed. Does this mean NPAPI is being
implemented as we speak or that we won't get it until
Timberwolf?

Best Regards,

Harry

[SOLD] ?A1-C, 512MB, Antec Aria
Go to top
Re: NPAPI in OWB?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samwel

Quote:
Does this mean NPAPI is being implemented as we speak
As you can see in the screen shot most of the AmigaOS parts are implemented already and it's working, it's just disabled in the release versions as long as there are no AmigaOS NPAPI plugins and Andrea doesn't sent me the required AmigaOS NPAPI parts of his libgnashplugin.so port.

Quote:
or that we won't get it until Timberwolf?
It wont change anything since NPAPI plugins work with any browser with NPAPI support. As soon as there is an AmigaOS NPAPI plugin I'll add the missing parts in OWB, which is trivial, and enable it in the release versions of OWB, but I wont implement or port plugins myself.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Maybe Afxgroup just wait when NPAPI will enabled for public version, so, he can test it with his plugin, and put it in public only when it will works fine ? Because imho, how he will send you working plugin, if he can't test it as plugin ?

ps. also litthe suggestion related to OWB: maybe will be nice to make "About" not render the page in the browser window, but spawn new window with all the information ? (because for example right now, i come to some stie, start to write message, then , press on "about", and everythig erased by "about" page).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
@joerg

Maybe Afxgroup just wait when NPAPI will enabled for public version, so, he can test it with his plugin, and put it in public only when it will works fine ?
As long as he doesn't sent me his AmigaOS related NPAPI changes it can't work. He has a version of OWB with enabled NPAPI support, but except for crashing his plugin with it he of course can't do anything with it.

Quote:
Because imho, how he will send you working plugin, if he can't test it as plugin ?
And how am I supposed to add his secret AmigaOS NPAPI changes used in his AmigaOS port of libgnashplugin.so to OWB?

As long as he doesn't sent me the required information the only way to get a libgnashplugin.so working in OWB would be that I port libgnashplugin.so myself to AmigaOS again, without using any of his changes, but I don't have the time for that.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

is owb unstable with the npapi stuff enabled or what?
include it in the next release, who knows, maybe someone will port some plugins, nothing bad in that, right?
this could help finding bugs in the npapi implementation as well, so that owb will be ready for when the time gnash is finished.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

I think what joerg is saying is that he haven't got the time to port the NPAPI part to OWB himself, but is rather waiting for Andrea to send him the source parts so he can do a merge.
On the other hand, Andrea seems to be waiting for joerg to send him the latest sources from OWB so he could implement it himself...

Seems like a misunderstanding of some sort (language?) on both sides.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I understand that we can't have the chicken without the egg etc but maybe there's some easy test NPAPI plugin that mostly just needs an compile to begin with?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

Quote:
is owb unstable with the npapi stuff enabled or what?
As long as no plugins are installed there is of course no difference, but since plugins are shared objects they only work, at least if they are just built without AmigaOS specific changes like the npsimple.so Andrea attached to issue #318, with OWB executables using shared objects as well and since shared objects weren't supported in AmigaOS 4.0 yet that would remove the AmigaOS 4.0 compatibility from OWB.

Quote:
include it in the next release, who knows, maybe someone will port some plugins, nothing bad in that, right?
As long as I don't get Andrea's AmigaOS changes only plugins which don't display anything are possible, for example a mp3 plugin would work.

Quote:
this could help finding bugs in the npapi implementation as well,
Which bugs? AFAIK there are no NPAPI related bugs in OWB (for example the gtk version, the SDL one doesn't support plugins).

@Raziel

Quote:
I think what joerg is saying is that he haven't got the time to port the NPAPI part to OWB himself, but is rather waiting for Andrea to send him the source parts so he can do a merge.
Wrong, he doesn't have to implement anything in OWB, he just has to sent me the AmigaOS changes of the NPAPI data structures he is using in his libgnashplugin.so port. Getting the plugin itself as well would help me to test my AmigaOS related changes in OWB, but that's not even required, I just can't do anything at all without his AmigaOS NPAPI data structure changes.

Quote:
On the other hand, Andrea seems to be waiting for joerg to send him the latest sources from OWB so he could implement it himself...
I sent him the complete diffs, not all AmigaOS parts are currently on the SVN, of the AmigaOS port of OWB some weeks ago. No idea for what he wanted them, but he could have implemented the AmigaOS parts of the NPAPI in OWB himself as well.

@smf

Quote:
I understand that we can't have the chicken without the egg etc but maybe there's some easy test NPAPI plugin that mostly just needs an compile to begin with?
As you can see in the screen shot in http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewcomments&issueid=318 that's working already.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
it is my to do list. actually i'm finishing the iODBC stuff. Next is try to understand in which way i can implement the Amiga parts in the libgnashplugin.so and hope Joerg can help me a little bit.

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg
Quote:

and since shared objects weren't supported in AmigaOS 4.0 yet

Shared Objects are supported by OS4.0.
This feature was added with the free July2007 update to the final A1 OS4.0 release and was included in OS4.0 Classic.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ZeroG

Quote:

Shared Objects are supported by OS4.0.
This feature was added with the free July2007 update to the final A1 OS4.0 release and was included in OS4.0 Classic.
Maybe, but not in an usable way. Even in AmigaOS 4.1 there were still shared objects related bugs in elf.library and it will only work without problems starting with AmigaOS 4.1 update 1.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Seems like a misunderstanding of some sort (language?) on both sides.

i don't think is a language barrier but ... let me try

Andrea ... potresti spedire i cambiamenti relativi all' AmigaOS NPAPI usati nel tuo porting di libgnashplugin.so?

ovviamente sto scherzando! (se non lo hai fatto, avrai i tuoi buoni motivi a riguardo)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Framiga

Sehr sch?n, und wer ?bersetzt das jetzt ins Deutsche?

...sorry, I couldn't resist...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top

Register To Post