Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 49

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 »
Re: Firefox coming to OS4.1 !!!
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@tfrieden

Lovely stuff!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tfrieden

Very nice!

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden
Did the current build works with network already ? I mean you can time urls and load pages ? (i think everyone in interest about some screenshoot with some "heavy loaded" and modern page :) ).

ps. how fast current build ? I mean how fast it runs ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
We miss only a close gadget on the tabs, and a few little things on the UI (for example the AmigaOS style menus) but for the rest it looks almost perfect

The presence of close buttons on the tab depends on the theme used. This theme doesn't have any. We hope to make a more Amiga-specific theme at one point (if we ever figure out how that works ;))

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Network support is in, but there was a problem with a race condition where two threads try to gethostbyname() simultaneously, we're going to replace that by a re-entrant version.

Speed is a non-issue at this point. The build produces tons of debug output, so don't ask for any speed measuring.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rogue
People spoke about FF to Amiga for centuries I reckon (Amizilla anyone?) and here we are already at this point after a very short while!
Mega thumbs up!!!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
the brother's gonna work it out!

will it support all new features of FF 3.5+?
I am using embedded ttf fonts on a site i am working on.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@kas1e

Network support is in, but there was a problem with a race condition where two threads try to gethostbyname() simultaneously, we're going to replace that by a re-entrant version.

I just asked whether network support was done over on AW.net, but see that you've answered it here already. With Gecko working and networking implemented, do you essentially have a complete initial port? Any major features that are still to do? Or is it a case of eliminating bugs, etc.?

Quote:
Speed is a non-issue at this point. The build produces tons of debug output, so don't ask for any speed measuring.

Hehe. True, especially if that debug output is redirected to a serial port.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue

I like the original Firefox theme, expecially the buttons, so please don't touch it (or almost make also other themes as a choice)

Aniway on Firefox PC/Mac/Linux close gadgets are already there, I don't know why isn't present on your actual core source

What I like to see in the release version is a GUI with Amiga-like menu, submenu etc ...

That's all, thanks for your hard work on it !

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

Quote:

Hans wrote:

I just asked whether network support was done over on AW.net, but see that you've answered it here already. With Gecko working and networking implemented, do you essentially have a complete initial port? Any major features that are still to do? Or is it a case of eliminating bugs, etc.?

The Widget part isn't complete yet. There are a few things to do still (for example, popup windows that move with their parent). Networking had its share of problems too, like I pointed out (gethostbyname not being reentrant), we still have a while to go.

Quote:
Hehe. True, especially if that debug output is redirected to a serial port.

And several thousand lines too. The IntuiMessage dumping alone is already gigantic.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue

great stuff

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

The presence of close buttons on the tab depends on the theme used. This theme doesn't have any. We hope to make a more Amiga-specific theme at one point (if we ever figure out how that works ;))

Eheh
I want notice all XUL applications have this "totally skinnable" feature, so...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

The Widget part isn't complete yet. There are a few things to do still (for example, popup windows that move with their parent). Networking had its share of problems too, like I pointed out (gethostbyname not being reentrant), we still have a while to go.

I've seen XULRunner screenshot, have you planned to port all XPCOM modules and so all Mozilla Framework? I hope We can write many modern applications with Mozilla Framework and to gain other applications just commons on other platforms

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Friedens

Awesome, thank you very much for this great effort

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

samo79 wrote:
@Rogue

I like the original Firefox theme, expecially the buttons, so please don't touch it (or almost make also other themes as a choice)

Windows and Linux use a slightly different theme because they use native widgets, i.e. some of the buttons for example are rendered using GDK on Linux. They use something called nsINativeTheme that takes over some of the rendering. We don't have that (yet?) so it renders using the default Firefox look.

In any case, you will be able to use any theme you like that is not depending on a specific OS.

Quote:
Aniway on Firefox PC/Mac/Linux close gadgets are already there, I don't know why isn't present on your actual core source

See above. The default theme only shows the close buttons if you hover the mouse over them. Depending on the Linux distro you might be using, the default theme might be modified to fit into the Look and Feel of the desktop.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ShInKurO

Quote:
I've seen XULRunner screenshot, have you planned to port all XPCOM modules and so all Mozilla Framework?

We're running a "normal" build of Firefox with app=browser,. This does build all of XPCOM; there are some additional components for e.g. Thunderbird, and there are others that do not build from the official source code at all (for example PyXCOM).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

I think Next version of Firefox (Namoroka) includes Personas for themes:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Namoroka

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@angelheart

Quote:

angelheart wrote:
@Rogue

I think Next version of Firefox (Namoroka) includes Personas for themes:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Namoroka

These are supported by 3.5 as well as an extension.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Do you think you will port even these things after to have finalized first porting of ff?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ShInKurO

It's our intention to keep it up to date after release, if possible.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 »