Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »
Re: OWB 3.7
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

I too agree it's horrible that noone cares about the software that you've written. I've tried it and it's really nice... I'm using a Vista machine right now but I tried it a little on my AOS 4.1 machine and it worked great! I love it and hope that more people take the time to install and use it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
If I lost my legs and couldn't walk again sure, I'd be pretty upset and it might even be understandable to most.

But as for not being able to download a url with a click of a button within a browser, that would rate pretty low on the scale of death and life. Your daily desires or preference of use doesn't concern me one bit, you'll live.

The ability is obviously coming, OWB is a great browser already and alot of work has gone into it. Find a work around and just use it and wait. Grrrrr

I tell ya this so called Amiga community is no better than an impatience toddler and reminds me of the snotty nosed ibm user of yesterday that used to whine across bbs land.

Have some class and support AmigaOS properly. I really don't understand what people expect for 1) there dollar and 2) from other people.

Same as people who speed in there car, get the F out and walk, then you'll remember how much time things take to do from different perspectives.

I'm going to try and make this the last post of this nature. Even though I thoroughly enjoy pointing out what I think is the obvious I know that someone complaining about something else that is annoying is just as bad as the act itself.

adios!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@afxgroup

Quote:
the problem is that a lot of users could not download anything from sites like Megaupload or similar.
With OWB you will never download anything from this sites with any version fo owb (OS4/AROS/MOS) because it use curl that doesn't support that kind of sites (except maybe hacking it a lot)
It has nothing to do with curl at all, downloads form such sites didn't work with your hack because you started the download a 2nd time in a new thread and then canceled the original OWB transfer, but such sites only allow one concurrent download per IP at a time, and often only after a delay, i.e. first canceling the OWB download and then restating it again wouldn't have worked either.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Kicko wrote:
There is alot of users that dont write mail to developers even if they use it.

It's not so much that people don't give feedback as it is that people were still complaining about wanting a download hack in OWB even after solutions, by me and others have been offered to tide us over until such time as proper download is added to OWB.

Quote:

But if it can use getvideo to download videos from facebook, youtube etc maybe you will more people interested. But then if its too much work maybe dont work on it.

Actually these additions were already done before the first version of ClipDown was available.
I just wanted to test it more before releasing it.

I really didn't intent to hijack the thread so let's take further discussion of ClipDown here

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Sinan wrote:
Don't worry ktadd, I am one of the people using Clipdown daily... Is it possible to show the progress of downloading process with wget and clipdown ?
That would be a nice addition...

So as not to hijack the tread I'll answer your question here!
Let's move any further ClipDown discussion there.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tonyw

Quote:

tonyw wrote:

[...]

How can I post a crashlog on OS4Depot? I went to the Crashlog page but there is no button or other means to start a dialogue.

There's a "menu strip" or button row at the top, just below the banner, looking a little like a red OS 4 window tiltle bar. It contains a Submit link. At least when I view it in OWB 3.7 it does.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@JOERG

seems that OWB3.7 when show some gif anims on the visible part of the window, it use much cpu power: about 40-100%, the same gif anim on ibrowse use 3-4% of cpu power, Joerg can you try on your machine ?

thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache

There are none so blind as those that will not see...

thanks

cheers
tony
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
OWB still have problems with website titles wich contains dots like http://www.amigaworld.de
There are 3 dots "..." in the title but OWB shows me a "?".

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd
Quote:
ClipDown doesn't support JS links either. How do you find the file link from a JS link?

Probably by having a JS interpreter and maybe even access to the Browser's Cookies for the site or page. I doubt if any stand-alone D/L programs will succeed for JS links. I think one of the reasons for JS links is to prevent direct file access from Google (or other search engines). The Hyperion site, for example, wouldn't want direct links to files that you must be a registered user to access.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DJBase

Quote:
OWB still have problems with website titles wich contains dots like http://www.amigaworld.de
There are 3 dots "..." in the title but OWB shows me a "?".
It's not 3 dots (...) but one char (… unicode 8230). Since AmigaOS 4.0 different charsets are supported, but it's still limited to 8 bit charsets and doesn't support unicode for window titles, gadgets, etc.
If you would use a system charset which includes the … char it would be displayed correctly in the window title, or in the clicktab gadget, but most charsets don't include it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

aha, ok, so no dots for me.

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

Please go to http://www.maps.google.com/ and try to search:

depanneur de la faune st-jerome

I have a crash each time!

Thank you

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Pierre55

Works fine here.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Check AbeBooks and click Warenkorb on the upper right ... OWB will sit there trying to load it ... and i sit there waiting forever for it to finish..

Works in AWeb ... strange

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Pierre55

Works fine for me also.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This browser is coming along nicely now, great work.

I would like to know about secure web pages, does OWB use ssl and is it safe to use on Ebay and Paypal, how do you know a page is secure or not?

A1XE G4 800Mhz, 512Mb, Sil0680, ATI9200se 128Mb, Sounblaster Live & Catweazle Mk3 with SID chip +OS4.1.
A4000 233MhzPPC/04025Mhz, 112Mb, CyberPPC, OS3.9
Other Amiga's A4000, A2000 A500+, A500 & various hardware. 15+ other retro machines.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Arnie

> does OWB use ssl

yes

> how do you know a page is secure or not?

the https in the address ? Else, ne mean

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Arnie

> does OWB use ssl

yes

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Arnie

> does OWB use ssl

yes

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »