Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: OWB 3.5
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Wow! Tabs!!!

BTW: internal bookmarks window communicates with the tab that was active when the bookmarks windows was opened (afaiu).

Great work!

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@gerograph
Quote:
Just one problem:

If I copy pictures, and paste them e.g. to fxPaint or FinalWriter. I get "lines" through the pictures, is that a bug ?
You can check for example with "MultiView CLIPBOARD" if it's a bug in OWB (if you get the same errors in MultiView) or if it's a bug in fxPaint and FinalWriter.
If you get the errors in MultiView as well please post a link to a picture which has this problem.

@walkero
Quote:
May I ask to have a copy text to clipboard at the system encoding also, because as soon as I copy Greek text, it is pasted as ISO-8859-1, which makes it not readable at all....
It's a missing feature in the programs you are pasting to, for example copy&paste inside OWB, and to any other program supporting charsets incl. UTF-8 in the clipboard, should work with any charset.
Adding support for copying in the local 8 bit charset in the "Edit" menu as well for old programs is no problem either, but it may still not work correctly since old programs which don't support the FTXT ID_CSET have to assume the clipboard contets are in ISO-8859-1 which wont be the case ... But I guess a lot of them are broken enough not to do it correctly and it might work anyway.

@padrino
Quote:
I wonder, doesn't it have a qualifier to open a link in a new window, like CTRL ion IBrowse.
I'm not sure, but AFAIK it doesn't.

@ikir
Quote:
Sometimes websites have a long TITLE and tabs become too big. A "max chars" for tabs woulb be good.
There are problems with tabs opened by javascript and the window can get way too wide, I haven't found the reason for this problem yet but it's not related to the title.
For tabs opened by links or with the context menu I haven't seen such a problem yet, CLICKTAB_LabelTruncate is enabled and working here. With the default window size (1024x768) amd my Font and GUI prefs settings I can open 20 tabs, only with more tabs the window width has to be increased.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

O.k. just tried that with multiview. I didn't know until now, that there is such a tooltype (CLIPBOARD) for Multiview. But there is some strange behaviour, but probably not due to OWB:

The Image I copied via OWB is displayed perfectly in MultiView... BUT not in fxPaint or FinalWriter. If I save the Image in Multiview and reopen it in e.g. fxPaint still same problem... I also tried to do that with pictures from my digicam... even after resaving them in Multiview they can perfectly be displayed in fxPaint. I uploaded the same Image into the web. Copied it throught OWB and pasted -> stripes again.

What happens to the Images (Imageformat) when they get up- or downloaded ?

Thanx for Infos...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@gerograph
Quote:
What happens to the Images (Imageformat) when they get up- or downloaded?

Nothing. They are probably 32bit images. Multiview just saves them as 32 bit IFF ILBM images. Older programs & some current ones know about 24 bit only and load the 32 bit images as 24 bit images. I D/L an image from this site, saved it from Multiview (has stripes when viewed in an old program), loaded the image into ImageFX-lite, saved the image as Targa (not Targa-alpha), loaded the Targa image into Multiview and saved. The resulting image is then 24 bit ILBM and shows up in older programs without stripes. There is probably some utility on Aminet that will convert 32 bit ILBM images directly to 24 bit (SView5?) instead of using the convoluted procedure I just described.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Some suggestions:

Please important, for the next release put the tabs below the search bar not above, its a design method that IMHO is important to follow, at least if possible make it configurable, as is IMHO is quite orrible

If possible try to add a simple close gadget inside each tab (I know that isn't simple with the actual clicktab gadget)

An open gadget directly on the GUI would be cool too, maybe at the left of the tabs like Mozilla suite and so on ...

Please the engine is fantastic, but the GUI are important too and if we begin to build it now without any idea/design ...

About the width problematic tabs an idea for the trunked text maybe could be a tooltip effect, so we can read the entire title without having huge tabs, just passing above it with the mouse.

Thanks for the great update aniway

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ALL

There's a way to use windows and tabs simultaneously?
For example...
I'm playing the TRavian game(any one know it?), and for map display was better to use a separate window so I can see simultaneously both maos and aother things without switching anything...
Tabs was better to open links or many other things(quite all things) but sometimes was better windows...
Got it?

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I seem to get a doubling effect when using mouse buttons 4/5 for going backwards/forwards. I haven't seen it in earlier versions than 3.5, I believe, but I don't always remember to use those buttons, so it might have been there for a while.

By doubling effect I mean that one click on the mouse button (4 or 5) sends the browser two pages backwards or forwards (if possible) instead of just one.

Anybody else see that?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I agree, great update, keep up the good work!!

I think the reason that each tab has its own search bar, sddress bar etc. is that each one is a separate instance of an OWB window, just sharing the existing window, so by and large the program doesn't even know about tabs. It would be more difficult to make it share a toolbar as a lot more of the application would have to be tab-enabled. As for using tabs and windows, it's not ideal, but you can have a new window by running OWB again, and that new window can have tabs as well as the old one... Maybe this could be made faster internally to support multiple windows?

Edit: By the way Joerg, I've managed to make OWB deadlock a couple of times now. If I have lots of tabs open, and I want to close them all, if I click the close gadget fast enough I can get it to freeze the system. I suspect it's an intuition deadlock as it freezes the mouse pointer and all input, but any tasks already running (e.g. music players etc.) appear to be unaffected.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Yes I've noticed the same and I think it has been this way for some time. It's as though the page will go back/forward for the press of the mouse button and then again when the button is released. Hence you get this two page at a time movement.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

I'd like to see bugs #53 (especially adding the "open URL in a new tab/window" --> NEWTAB/NEWWINDOW(?) and the (UN)ICONIFY(?) AREXX commands) and #57 (a test project page is in the comments, if you missed it) from bugs.os4depot.net fixed.
This would draw OWB much more useable for me and will shorten the waiting time for a download/upload feature massively

Thank you very much

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

- Implemented text shadow.

is this the cause to see all bold lines bad ?

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6378/owbmt4.png

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
first impression:

My gmail pages are shown corrupted -unlike the OWB given with 4.1-.

I am still on OEM version packed with AmigaOS. It seems to be stable and I have not got the trouble to downoad files.... like some other people have stated for newer versions.

bye

Chris

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@orgin

Working very well here loving it :)

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lemen

Quote:

Lemen wrote:
@nbache

Yes I've noticed the same and I think it has been this way for some time. It's as though the page will go back/forward for the press of the mouse button and then again when the button is released. Hence you get this two page at a time movement.

Yep, that's right. Thanks for the confirmation. Reported as issue no. 63.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

3.5 is Excellent! It has tabs, the CONTEXTMENURMB tooltype, and it even seems faster.

It's still looping endlessly on www.verizon.com, but I wouldn't be surprised if its due to an error in (or non-compliant) javascript coding.

Regards,
- JCC

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@JCC

I find it will loop endlessly on hotmail.com as well, as soon as you log in. This has been the case for a while, though I rarely use Hotmail so it hasn't been an issue. It just keeps updating the URL bar with a new "random" address and keeps the page blank.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Quote:
They are probably 32bit images.
Yes, OWB copies them as 32 bit ARGB images to the clipboard. I didn't expect there is that much software which doesn't support 32 bit images, I'll change it to 24 bit RGB without alpha in the next version.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Daedalus

Quote:
I find it will loop endlessly on hotmail.com as well, as soon as you log in.
Probably the same reason as on the verizon page, and any other which does that: The missing cookie support in OWB Doduo and Galekid. If that's the reason it should work with OWB Blastoise, for example the OWB version 1.25 included in AmigaOS 4.1.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
and #57 (a test project page is in the comments, if you missed it)
It's just for testing something in this project, not a general test project or something else where it wouldn't matter if you add some spam just for testing a browser ...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ShInKurO

Quote:
Quote:

- Implemented text shadow.
is this the cause to see all bold lines bad ?
No. For example the ACID3 test uses text shadow.

Quote:Looks like you installed some fonts wrong/incomplete and didn't set the families at all, or not correctly, when installing them with TypeManager.
When starting OWB from the shell it prints if something is missing in a font family. If you are using the core fonts it's normal for incomplete font families like Tahoma or Andale Mono, but for the complete ones (Arial, Courier New, Times New Roman, Verdana , ...) there must not be any output about missing fonts in a font family.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »