Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
napalm from clikboom and os 4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
do anybody know if it will work. on os 4.1

some time ago i sent the clikboom pepole an email about the new amiga generation. with some link o acube.

but i never got any mails from them. a shame there left the scene i hope there will come back some time,

i dont have napalm. but i wanna know if it works becuse then i dont want to have all the truoble with trying to buy it someware iff it dont works

Go to top
Re: napalm from clikboom and os 4.1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@retro

I have it and will try it out over the weekend.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@retro

They didn't just leave the scene. They left a big mess behind.
I'm still waiting for my (promised) fixed "Nighlong" discs. Note:this was a 125$ game.

I had a multiple e-mail conversation with someone there that assured the discs would be sent. This went on, literally, for years. I finally quit dealing with them because someone gave me his copy.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

I second that. Clickboom didn't pay what was promised to the authors of Napalm game. Sad enough because they planned to create Napalm 2 for them.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmiKit

People like that are bad anywhere, but it's especially disgusting when done to a community that was on the downslide. Talk about stealing from the poor.

Good riddance, I say.

PS: I doubt Napalm will ever work, too. It's one of the most stubborn games around, from what I read. Almost all others I've been able to get going (Exodus, WipeOut2097, Payback...), but this one it's a real headache.
It was a nice game, but why not try Earth2140? Or even Exodus, though I'd say it's inferior to the previous 2.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BrandonLee

Quote:

BrandonLee wrote:
@retro

I'm still waiting for my (promised) fixed "Nighlong" discs. Note:this was a 125$ game.

I had a multiple e-mail conversation with someone there that assured the discs would be sent. This went on, literally, for years. I finally quit dealing with them because someone gave me his copy.

There were a few dodgy "Amiga" companies like that around the same time.

Anyone in the UK remember Alive Mediasoft ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BillE

THey still sell pirate games on DVD on ebay under various names.

Happiness is mandatory
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@BrandonLee

does it work on the A1 ? been wanting to get hold of nightlong for years but not sure i could even use it

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@poweramiga

The only thing I'm sure is that it worked on one of AOS4 incarnations. Not sure which or how I got it working.
At first it had graphical glitches, which I solved.
It was slow, but the PPC patch (the game cost 100$, this patch was a further $25. Nice doing business with clickBoom) sloved it too.
It involved the rtgmaster.library.

On my current one (OS4Final) the installation process fails.
I'm pretty sure it works, but can't be bothered at the moment to spend the time to do it. Shame, since it's a pretty cool game and I was really progressing...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@retro

Here it works on A4000 within AOS4.

There is a GR that must be satisfied with the ignore-button.

One issue is left: You cannot start a new campaign so you have to use saved games and enter the levels always via the load option.

But there are saved games for the starting points of each level around the web!

Bye

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Reth

cool
now the prob is were do i find a version...

does it run well with high gfx with jit? and how fast is it.

i remember my setup. 1200 bppc-bvision its was an 040 board soo it was not fast anuf to run it in high resalution. even on pal. dont remember iff ill evere try?t it with the bvision.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@retro and @ BrandonLee

I actually have Napalm and sorry to say, am still struggling to get it to work on my sam440ep with os4.1

On top f that, the install was fine and went smoothly, but then then the setup just does not want to allow me to set up the raphics or anything for it.

its just simply a nightmare.

Hey Brandon Lee dude,

Can you please tell me how or where the patch is for Exodus to work on os4??

As I will in that case, indeed buy the game of alinea I suppose.

Cheers.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BrandonLee

iirc you don't need to "install" the game, simply copy the files of the three CD's to a dir, apply the exe fix and off you go(?)

As far as i know, the rtgmaster.library fixed the display issues (heatwave) only on the first OS4 pre version (maybe on the second aswell, don't remember). On newer versions and on the latest, the heatwave effect is back again, no matter if one installs the (fixed) rtgmaster.lib or not.

Too bad, because i played the game on my A4000 with lots of lags in the videos and slow gameplay and would LOVE to see it running again.

Maybe Steffen H?user (the author of the fixed rtgmaster.lib, iirc) is willing to do another fix to make it run in it's full glory again?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

lets hope so. yeah ther was alot of updates. to it.
never try?t the seckud patch

alwas run the game in low resalution.
hmmm. were to buy it.anyone tryet the demo..
just wanna se it run agen and this time in full bloom..

a shame euro burn never came out...
do anyone know iff the delveper is still aktive on the amiga scene.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@retro

huh...
i just downloaded the demo from aminet. the one called.
1.1 before jeg start it is stars up guro meditations warpos warpper. i never belived that ther was a ppc version of napalm...

but the fun was quik over, after setting prepralibs to p96

it comes op with a RTG fauiler in a yello box and then nothing can be done. reboot the only way out.
ther is a tekst editor box withs says did you copy RTG to lips ?

anyway this demo can be try?t out with out destoring os 4.1 setup

edit-
no appropriate screen modes available.
have you installed the RTG libraries in libs:rtg ?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@retro

I never had any luck with it under any OS4 release, it always got so far and then froze. I only tried the final patch (1.7?) - and maybe a couple before. Toaks managed to get it working but only on one particular patch version, and he couldn't remember which one.

I bought this from Alive Mediasoft, cost me ?40 IIRC and a few phone calls/email to get hold of it (it's legit, although some of the other stuff I bought from them is suspect). It never worked particulary well on my A1200, and I had some CD-ROM drive issues, so I only ever played it about twice. I'd like to get it running again, but have given up. It may well run under UAE but the amount of reconfiguring that is likely necessary puts me off.

Earth 2140 is a good game, I bought Exodus after this but - again - I've only played it about twice (I forget why - quite possibly it's ridiculously difficult)

Where to get the patch from is written on a piece of paper inside the box, or was in my copy anyway. I'd fish it out, but it'll take me an age to find it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

The CD drive problems you mention were exactly why clickBOOM promised newer discs: those were faulty.
They threw the blame on the company that processed the discs, said they had put them on court and were waiting a decision. This was more than 5 years ago. Guess justice is kinda of slow. And that their e-mail system stopped working until they had a decision, too.

@Raziel

I know I don't need to install everything to HD (though I can), but after the (minimal) installation, the game always complains that it went wrong, whenever I try to run it.
Real shame...

@Retro

UAE may be able to run the game, but I have serious doubts about the speed, since it was only really playable with the PPC patch applied.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BrandonLee

i dident know that Exodus was made to amiga infact i never heard about it before just now. og google ther is some screen shots. thats locks good, way have i never heard about it before now. but Earth 21 is all so a good game.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@BrandonLee

Should have made clear - I was talking about Napalm.

The disc is fine - it's the drive I was using at the time which had problems.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »