Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: June 2008: OS4 Developer Donations Nominations.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg
I didn't realize that PayPal did this. In that case, if a developer has a website with a donate button set up, that would indeed be better.

@Sir_Lucas

Stephen Fellner can best be supported by purchasing DvPlayer. As an added bonus, you get the full version of DvPlayer.

Hans

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Sir_Lucas

Quote:

Sir_Lucas wrote:
@Mikey_C
Stephen Fellner and his fantastic DvPlayer.

Hmm, the problem I have with DVPlayer is that it is a shareware program, therefore if you buy it, you are rewarding the author for his work already.

I feel that we should be rewarding the unsung hereos who do it for nothing as a thank you. I have absolutely nothing against shareware authors, but by definition they are "Selling" their software and making money.

If however the majority of members here here feel different, then by all means I will change this policy.

Let me know.

Thanks

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@All

Edgar Schwan does not appear to have a paypal donate account. At least not one I could find. So unless, there is one, we will sadly have to exclude him from the first ever donations drive.

So far, without checking. We have.

Tuomas Hokka
Joerg (can't find his surname)
Andrea Palmat?
CentaurZ
Neil Cafferkey
Hans de Ruiter
salass00
Rigo
HNL (-DK?)

Nominations close midnight GMT (1st June 2008)

All these above are subject to Paypal account, if they have one, we will consider them for the launch donation drive.

Winners Announced June 3rd.

Mikey C

Edited by Mikey_C on 2008/6/1 11:11:08
Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Mikey_C

No PayPal for me, so you can cross me off that one

Simon

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mikey_C

Quote:
Edgar Schwan does not appear to have a paypal donate account. At least not one I could find. So unless, there is one, we will sadly have to exclude him from the first ever donations drive.
Direct link to his donation page.

Quote:
Joerg (can't find his surname)
Then you didn't search My name is in the amigans.net profile and my surname is the domain name of my homepage Strohmayer.org.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

You can find my paypal donation button on my homepage mentioned in the first post. The address is also mentioned in my user profile
Here is the direct link to the donation page.

I want to take the oportunity to say thank you to all, who nominated me in this thread!

Additional I want to second the nomination of Henning Nielsen Lund (HNL). His abc-shell is included in my Cygnix package. Cygnix would not be possible without it.

Edgar

Edited by cygnusEd on 2008/6/1 16:02:17
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mikey_C

Quote:
All these above are subject to Paypal account, if they have one, we will consider them for the launch donation drive.

Probably best to email the people selected (before publically announcing them) and asking if they have a Paypal account. It's likely that some people have a Paypal account but no donate button on their website (or no website), or they don't have an account but would like to set one up specially, or they may have one but do not wish to participate in this exercise (and don't read amigans.net), or - like me - their Paypal account might not be validated so taking large amounts of donations will be a problem without clicking a few buttons on the Paypal website.

Chris

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mikey_C

I don't have working PayPal so exclude me (Tuomas Hokka) from the list. I don't have credit card and I don't trust PayPal enough to connect my bank account to it. I'm unemployed at the moment so I don't know if taking money would affect my social security somehow.

I second Afxgroup. I'm using mplayer very often and CSS capable web browser is very much needed nowadays. Of course there's many others whose work is important also to this community.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
... I want to take the oportunity to say thank you to all, who nominated me in this thread!

Additional I want to second the nomination of Henning Nielsen Lund (HNL). His abc-shell is included in my Cygnix package. Cygnix would not be possible without it.

Hi @ Edgar Schwan

Yep, his homepage: http://amigaos.dk
IIRC he's also part of SourcedForge.net team. We could always use ABC-shell improvements. :)

I nominate you too! Cygnix -X11 is an impressive work for the new Amiga. Thanks for this awesome OS!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I nominate me for Developing the Amigans Sense of Humour!

Hmm, I need to think about the next one!

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
My vote goes to Robert Williams (the Amipodder's programmer) and to Andrea 'afxgroup' Palmat?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rudei

Hehe... What will we do without it !

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
My nomination is for Joerg and Edgar

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)