Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiga Forever 2006 at Amiga Inc.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
You can buy Amiga Forever 2006 from the Amiga Inc. site.

Link: Amiga Forever 2006

News Item?

A1G3-SE + OS4.1 u1 iso (x2)
Go to top
Re: Amiga Forever 2006 at Amiga Inc.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Wow I don't recall seeing that on there. So Amiga Inc. does indeed have an OS for sale? Crazyness I tell you. I was starting to think they got out of the OS market all together. Maybe they have.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

AmigaHeretic wrote:
Wow I don't recall seeing that on there. So Amiga Inc. does indeed have an OS for sale? Crazyness I tell you. I was starting to think they got out of the OS market all together. Maybe they have.

They seem to be busy, I came acrossed this site while looking for information about C# on AmigaOS (google search: Amiga C#)

http://amigadevindia.com/html/aboutadi.htm

1 John 2:15-16
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I think this i a very good step forward.

If they can reach 1% of their games-users then
that is a good commercial for AmigaOS.

And if 1% of those Amiga Forever users come in contact with
OS4 + the new hardware in the comming months then that
is a good thing for Hyperion and the Amiga community.

It is what they always wanted to do, get a foot in the door of
the pc-world and try to get AmigaOS in some way on those
systems to reach the ex-users and attract new users.

I see a bright future ahead, and no, i am not one of the 99%
of the Amiga Inc. haters, I still believe in the big picture.

A1G3-SE + OS4.1 u1 iso (x2)
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Dirk-B wrote:

Same here. Anyways, they seem to be doing quite well, in spite of the naysayers. Their workforce has been expanding by 100% per year for the past 3 years, and they seem to be branching out into all kinds of new money making ventures.

Not to mention OS5, which has been started already. Good things are happening!

1 John 2:15-16
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I just checked out Amiga Dev India site from the link given and it looks like they are hiring:

http://amigadevindia.com/html/careers_openings.htm

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Expanding by 100% each year? That means they've been doubling their employees each year! WOOHOO!!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This is something I did not know.
Apparently Amiga Development India has purchased another company Ruksun Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd, or at least its major assets including staff.
Seem to put the kybosh on those oddballs claiming it was some kind of shell game doesn't it.

Check it here:
http://amigadevindia.com/html/news/22sep2006apa.html

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I just hope that they use whatever profits they make (if and when the $$ starts flowing in again) to help prop up their OS efforts. AmigaOS deserves to live on, even if only a niche. Apple is a niche and lives quite comfortably. There is no reason why Amiga can't as well.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Quadrophenia wrote:
Quote:

Dirk-B wrote:

Same here. Anyways, they seem to be doing quite well, in spite of the naysayers. Their workforce has been expanding by 100% per year for the past 3 years, and they seem to be branching out into all kinds of new money making ventures.

Not to mention OS5, which has been started already. Good things are happening!

Look at there web page many of there so called (AmigaDE) games now requires WindowsXP/2000, look like AmigaDE/Amiga anywhere, and the OS dependent development is taking over, it looks to me that Atari have made greater success in making games for Playstation, think they need to rethink a few things, like what like to be known for.

I will need to wait and see what AmigaOS5 is about, but I think it not going to be ready when Amiga Inc expects it to be, just like Windows Vista, I think its where likely that have OS4.1 and OS4.2, OS4.3 before that is done, so OS5 is of no interest, or at least not until they have a product to show, but what are they going to do, how can OS5 be any better then OS4? I think spending time in moving code from PPC to x86 is waste of time, and it better spent/invested in developing drivers for PCI cards and upgrading to OS, whit interfaces common in windows and Linux, for example a interface for Bluetooth, USB2, driver for printers, firewire, Video4Linux (One common interface for TV cards and USB webcams), and maybe it time to not only think about the OS, but the complete package like Mac is doing, when you buy a Mac you get ITunes, IPhoto, IMusic, IMovies, OpenOffice, Microsoft Office demo you get X11 wrapper for MacOS desktop, and lots more, now imagine MacOSX whit out applications.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
The main reason Apple, Inc. is comfortable is that they have the iPod.

What does Amiga, Inc. have?

Whatever it is, they need to get it out there, and it needs to become ubiquitous, just like the iPod.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thread

This is great!

No, this is fantastic!

I have Amiga Forever and it is a polished, professional package.

Who knows how many countless people who have browsed by Amiga.com in the past would have bought this package. I expect they will be selling many thousands of these now.

Good news for Cloanto - they sell more AF.

Good news for Amiga Inc - they get income from Kickstart and workbench.

Good news for us because it shows that Amiga Inc are taking some sensible decisions, these days.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
AmigaDE, renamed AmigaAnywhere always has required a host OS to run on. Previously you needed the player (a virtual machine) to run on each os seperately, but it now seems this is "built in"

Atari was up until recently Funcom I believe. They had bought the name "Atari" some time previously and a couple years ago decided to cash in on the name and renamed themselves. Other than that they have no other relationship to the origonal atari that produced the 500st that I am aware of.

As for the new OS, well I can only hope that the hardware becomes available and hyperion get to make back some of the investment they have put into it before OS5 comes along, if ever.

I would suspect that OS5 also uses some kind of virtual machine technology to be hardware independant and that it is not actually porting anything from PPC to x86.

TBH I really loved the limited hardware systems of the commodore days as it meant it was much easier to optimize programs and drivers and really allowed the company to provide a user experience that was very similar across all products.Not quite was I was going for, but close enough.

This selling a motherboard business.....well it creates as many problems as it solves. I guess what would be ideal is a laptop, best of both worlds.

It's NEVER easy...
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@IonMane:
Quote:
Apparently Amiga Development India has purchased another company Ruksun Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd, or at least its major assets including staff.
Seem to put the kybosh on those oddballs claiming it was some kind of shell game doesn't it.

In fact, I think it would probably be closer to the truth to say that Ruksun got renamed into Amiga Development India. Exactly who bought who with whose money I don't really know.

But still ... nice to see there's something going on.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post