Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 159

flash, MickJT, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
IBrowse 3.0 released
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
IBrowse 3.0

IBrowse 2 and IBrowse 3 Unification
It's finally time to move on from IBrowse 2, which has been developed for over 20 years! IBrowse 3.0 makes available the previously unreleased features that were originally being worked on alongside IBrowse 2.4 (on a completely separate development branch), whilst retaining everything from IBrowse 2.5.9 and all the new developments since its release.
The IBrowse 2 and 3 development branches are now fully merged, which was a complex and time-consuming task, due to considerable divergence.
The process was completed methodically and carefully, in order to not compromise stability or lose any functionality. Development can now move forward without being restricted to the limitations of the IBrowse 2 framework, allowing for more substantial changes.

Source: https://www.ibrowse-dev.net/

Go to top
Re: IBrowse 3.0 released
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
wohuuuu IB3!!!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Excellent news!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The new miggy seems faster, probably due to the fresh new HTML parser

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

but no CSS yet.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Yep :-/

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Wow, this was unexpected!

So does this mean IBrowse 2.5 dev is ended, and all future work will just be on 3?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks as always for the work done. With the "IBrowse 3" version.
Too bad you can't implement "a function" to use it with "Browservice".
It would be very fast and usable.

OWB 68k is supported without problems and navigation is very fast.

Regardless of "the emulator" used for 4.1.

AmigaOS 4.1 is increasingly becoming a machine to be used without being connected to the internet.
If used in "Local" AmigaOS is also perfect in emulation.

Thanks again for the new "IBrowser3".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@white

"AmigaOS 4.1 is increasingly becoming a machine to be used without being connected to the internet."

What do you mean?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
cool seems we just got an update not to long ago and now here we go with 3.0

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@white

Any improvement is better than no improvement, but its step-down form OWB and Odyssey and NetSurf, that all have CSS3 support. Right now, it’s more of a fun curiosity, I think. Just can’t think of any event where want to use a less capable browser.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@daveyw

Quote:
daveyw wrote:
So does this mean IBrowse 2.5 dev is ended, and all future work will just be on 3?

Yes - it is time for a fresh start after 23+ years, don't you think? . The original plan at the time (20 years ago!) was to be merging IBrowse 2.4 back onto the IBrowse 3.0 development branch. But the 2.4/2.5 branch diverged so much, and in some ways superceded the old 3.0 code, I had to do things the other way around - I manually merged all the missing/relevant changes from 3.0 onto 2.5.8 (2.5.9 being an unforseen emergency minor update), along with completing the new HTML parser (which Stefan had started, but only really the framework design was done). With 2.5 development, I had become a little bit scared to do too many big changes in 2.5, since I knew it would make merging with 3.0 infinitely worse. Now there is a new unified baseline.

The new HTML parser was written with CSS in mind, and the plan is to further adapt this to support CSS (which means big changes to the layout and rendering engine too, amongst other things), which will hopefully be added incrementally in future 3.x releases. Some work was already done for CSS, but the code is not currently used/enabled. I know CSS was planned, 20 years ago, for the original 3.0 release - that is why I decided to make 3.0 a free upgrade for those who have already paid for the full 2.5 release.

IBrowse, AmiSSL and Warp Datatype Developer
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Futaura

That's great news. I also like to use iBrowse under AmigaOs4.1 because this browser is really very fast.

I do have one small criticism, your browser is really an independent development under AmigaOs, but I currently think the price of 54.99 euros is a bit too expensive without CSS support.

I think your 30% discount promotion is very good and you should keep it forever, it's a very good price. I'll be honest, I've only ever used iBrowse as a demo version at the moment, but I'll be purchasing iBrowse 3 to continue supporting your work.

Thank you for continuing to work on iBrowse for many years.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Cageman
@LiveForIt

I am a simple fan of the AmigaOS system.
Like all of you.

So every now and then I like to talk about this system.
And I express my thoughts.

I imagine we are all more or less the same age given the origins of AmigaOS.

And that OWB 68k is perfect with "Browservice".
But not being a programmer I can only talk to all of you.

As an ignorant person on the subject, I thought the support for "Browservice" was simple to implement.

Since the old OWB for AmigaOS 4.1 also supports the one on OSDepot.

I like emulation since I can't buy real hardware.

I tried with Voodoo 3 all games with MiniGL work
except "Shogo" and "Heretic2" they are actually very fast but they have the wrong textures and are messy.
Probably due to "Voodoo drivers"

But all AmigaOS 4.1 games work fine.

And I'm here and every now and then I participate in the forum like everyone else.

For the rest I follow the evolution day by day

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Nice to see that IB is still in developing and that we hav progress on version 3.0.

But before purschasing , I will wait first for CSS support. Back in time Ib was my favorite browser.

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Futaura

Today, I used AmiUpdate to update from IBrowse 2.5.9
to IBrowse 3.0.

Thank you to all involved.

---
redfox

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

Quote:
I do have one small criticism, your browser is really an independent development under AmigaOs, but I currently think the price of 54.99 euros is a bit too expensive without CSS support.

True, from a customer perspective. From a development perspective it's a drop in the ocean of what it costs to make a browser, and AmigaOS developers don't have the luxury of spreading the costs over millions of users.

"Free" browsers like Firefox get their funding from things like Google paying them commissions in return for being the default search engine. That's made possible due to millions using the browser (and therefore using it to do Google searches).

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans
Some addition to your comment:
My AmigaOS 4.x port of OWB might have even been more expensive per user as IBrowse is. While I never asked anything for it there was a bounty for another browser which, after the original project was cancelled, was divided among the AmigaOS 4.x developers of OWB (me) and NetSurf (Chris Young) instead.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Nice update. Looks very fast on AmigaOne X5000. I use the browser very often for downloading files on both my PPC and Classic Amigas. With the latest SSL I can open wide variety of sites.

Here is short video that I've made, including visit to Amigans.net
https://youtu.be/39OXUDVzZ14

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
BTW, had a slight hiccup when I upgraded from 2.5 to 3.0. The installer detected the version bump, and created a new directory for 3.0 and migrated files across. But I had some custom buttons that I had custom images for. These sit in the same dir as the other button images but for some reason were not migrated. So when I first started 3.0 I got a bunch of missing images error messages. Took me a few moments to figure out what went wrong. Installer should copy across the entire directory including any images I have added.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »