Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 125

orgin, samo79, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: ProTracker clone
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

Thanks for taking another look and maybe improving the quick port a bit. In the meantime I have tested PT2-Clone directly under MacOs, but the tracker crashes and I cannot confirm whether the window output is a problem with SDL2 under AmigaOs4.1 or is a problem with this tracker in general.

There is another tracker on https://16-bits.org/ft2.php, namely Fasttracker 2 Clone. This porting could also be very easy and so we would have 3 trackers to choose from, I would think that would be great. It doesn't have to be immediately, but maybe in the future.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
hey,

Can you test with false value here:

https://github.com/8bitbubsy/pt2-clone ... r/src/pt2_visuals.c#L1983

I try on MorphOS and this flag corrupt mouse coords...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@beworld

I have set
video.useDesktopMouseCoords false;

combined with HWMOUSE=TRUE in the protracker.ini fine, and the mouse behaviour in the window mode seems to be fine now!

@Maijestro

I've also added a proper Amiga version string and a stack cookie. Please download my test build (including the configuration file), and if it works fine, feel free to replace the existing OS4depot file.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixieQuote:
trixie wrote:@beworld

I've also added a proper Amiga version string and a stack cookie. Please download my test build] (including the configuration file), and if it works fine, feel free to replace the existing OS4depot file.

First of all, thank you very much for the test build, I have already tested it briefly. The software SDL2 mode is unfortunately unusable on my machine and causes the system to simply hang without an error message or GrimReaper in the window output. However, full screen works very well.

About SDL2 OpenGL and Wazp3d your build works in the window output, but shows me wrong colors (problem with Wazp3d), additionally I have to change "HWMOUSE=TRUE" to "HWMOUSE=FALSE" otherwise no mouse pointer is displayed which is not the problem, because this can be switched on and off in the ini. (Hardware mouse pointer is not supported under Qemu Pegasos2, just like OpenGL 3D acceleration is not available). In the Wazp3D SDL2 OpenGL output, the mouse pointer behaves correctly and all functions are also hit when clicking. Exiting the SDL output window also seems to work.

Since I can't test your build to the full extent under AmigaOs4.1, (hardware mouse pointer, 32Bit windows, 3D acceleration, I can only describe that the window output of PT2-Clone at least in the software usage of SDL2 is broken under Qemu Pegasos2.

On real hardware there shouldn't be these problems, but I myself can then only use this tracker in full screen until things perhaps change. But it would be fine for me if you can confirm that it runs fine on your hardware.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Ok there is a solution for everyone and it is the Beworld patch, window output is displayed correctly including mouse interaction. SDL2 software/OpenGL 16/32 bit works without problems.

Smarkusg has merged the patch with PT2-Clone and recompiled it.

Configured for real Hardware:

VIDEOSCALE=AUTO -----> The window size adjusts automatically depending on which resolution is used under AmigaOs4.1.

HWMOUSE=TRUE ------> Using hardware mouse pointers

FULLSCREEN STRETCH=TRUE -----> Stretches to the full screen size (resolution) in full screen mode

@Beworld

Thanks for providing this patch

@smarkusg

Thank you very much for merging the patch and recompiling PT2-Clone.

I will update the archive on Os4depot again. Thanks to all for the help.

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/11/3 17:23:32
Edited by Maijestro on 2023/11/3 17:28:03
Edited by Maijestro on 2023/11/3 17:57:58
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Yay! Great effort, guys.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Maijestro, @Smarkusg

That's fantastic news!

It would be great if the Amiga-specific parts were pushed upstream in the official GitHub repo, to avoid applying them every time a new version is released.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixieQuote:
trixie wrote:@Maijestro, @Smarkusg
It would be great if the Amiga-specific parts were pushed upstream in the official GitHub repo, to avoid applying them every time a new version is released.

This is an excellent idea, but I don't know how to do it, so I would have to ask smarkusg again or someone does this who knows how to do it.

As far as I know, this tracker is still being worked on and there will certainly be new releases over time.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Yes, last version works as expected, no more glitches with buttons in window mode, cool :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

Quote:

I will certainly do this. I'll send as an issue or post as a patch.
@8bitbubsy did everything to make it work. Just enough to give a few things.

I'm very happy that the fun of the compilation resulted in a successful version.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@beworld @trixie

Thanks for the quick bugfix!

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@smarkusg

Quote:
I'm very happy that the fun of the compilation resulted in a successful version.

I'm afraid there'll be some more work Apparently there is a bug in module saving. I loaded three IFF samples and tried to make a short tune, but after saving and reloading the module I realized that the samples had been saved wrongly. The first sample slot had all the three samples joined together into one, and the other two sample slot contained garbage. I haven't tested the Windows version yet to see if the saving works there; if it does we might be facing an endianness problem.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

Yes you are right . I have also checked the Morphos version - there is also this problem. This will have to be corrected. Thanks for finding the bug.

https://ibb.co/HXLHgGj

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

Thanks for doing this Trixie. Last time, 2022 maybe, when I used PT2 was on Linux, got snap package from the snap store. Everything was working as expected and I messed around a lot with PT2, since I was learning how to make mod music. I was able to save/load with no issues, however, this was version 1.25:

PT2 video example with version number

Not sure how helpful this is...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Oh, i think it's a byte swap (BE) problem... i try to find, thanks for report.

PS:
ok i think i found, sorry but i create only MorphOS build to test:
https://www.morphos-storage.net/upload/test/pt2-clone

if ok, i give you patch.

Edited by beworld on 2023/11/7 6:41:08
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
@levellord
Thanks for doing this Trixie. Last time, 2022 maybe, when I used PT2 was on Linux, got snap package from the snap store. Everything was working as expected

Yesterday I re-created the current version of pt2clone under ubuntu/linux x86_64 - the problem did not occur there.

Quote:
@trixie
I loaded three IFF samples and tried to make a short tune, but after saving and reloading the module I realized that the samples had been saved wrongly.

also generated 3 modules yesterday. one caused the progam to fail - in the other two there were only faulty samples. The track itself was saved correctly.
Hopefully you haven't lost your work and will only be able to add samples to the track.

@beworld

Thank you very much once again for your help. Best regards and good luck with your new projects !

I will check in the evening when I am at home and let you know on PM

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@beworld

Quote:
i think it's a byte swap (BE) problem...

Thank you for fixing the issue and providing a patch!

Situations like this make it even more important that the Amiga/MorphOS fixes get incorporated into the official GitHub source file repository. Otherwise we'll have to go through this over and over again.

@smarkusg

Quote:
Thanks for finding the bug.

I'll continue testing the program. ProTracker represents a major part of the Amiga legacy, so I'd like to see it fully working under OS4 as well. If/When the official sources include the Amiga parts, I'd like to pitch in and add some Amiga-specific functionality such as system clipboard support. This way you could easily exchange samples between ProTracker and sample editors that support the clipboard, such as Rave and AmiSoundEd.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

Thank you for the bug report and for wanting to add functions to this tracker. As you have already written, Protracker has experienced a lot of history and the original was originally created on an Amiga. So we should make this tracker usable under AmigaOs4.1 as best as possible.

@Beworld

Thank you very much for the patch fixes you provide and even though you prefer MorphOs, your behavior should be exemplary for others where it's not just about pushing your own system.

@smarkusg

If you have put together the new version with the patch and need a tester and uploader, I am of course at your disposal.

@all

Great little project - even if it's just about porting a tracker, there is already a lot of support.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
so... bad new... all save function are affected:

MOD2WAV
PAT2SMP
DISK OP. / SAVE MODULE -> seem ok after swapping some vars
DISK OP. / SAVE SAMPLE

https://github.com/8bitbubsy/pt2-clone ... rc/pt2_module_saver.c#L30

L30 - L48 - L49: add SDL_Swap16()

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@beworld

aha ok ... so it's not as beautiful as it was supposed to be. Thanks!! I will check.
Of course if I find anything else I'll let you know.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »