Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 125

Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 »
ProTracker clone
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Just tested the new ProTracker clone on os4depot, and while it works fine, i noticed that in window mode, i can't hit the top buttons correctly, and should hit the very end of the buttons. Is it me, or everyone have this issue ?

It does look like that the size of the title bar is broke the calculation of stretched data in the window itself. Can be as SDL2 issue and program itself …

EDIT: there is definitely something with mouse's cords. If you choose for example in config to use a hardware mouse (i.e., the OS's one), then you even can't hit normally on any other buttons. Just in their bottom lines only.

Edited by kas1e on 2023/10/24 7:02:31
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: ProTracker clone
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

The porting of PT-Clone has been done by @smarkusg it is a quick and dirty port. However, I thought this tracker is good enough to upload to Os4Depot.

Before I uploaded the tracker to Os4depot I had it tested by some people under x5000 and yes all of them could confirm this problem also under the Pegasos 2 machine I had these problems.

However, PT-Clone runs in full screen very well and without problem, I think who does something useful with the tracker, will prefer to use the full screen.

This is the source that was used:

https://github.com/8bitbubsy/pt2-clone

Maybe there is a possibility to improve this port a little bit, maybe it is a bug within PT-Clone that just doesn't let it work better in window mode.

Thanks for linking your video, the compositing of the windows is impressive

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

Your allowed upload incomplete work to OS4depot.net, then thing about OS4Depot.net is that you can get feedback unlike Aminet, my comment I made there, was not meant as criticism from me, merely a suggestion.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:

Just small nitpiking about : when you made your videos, plz point out always that this is emulation, not real machine you record with, because ppls may see your videos on os4depot, and think that is how the real machine work (while real machine currently handle it's all better and faster). Not that is big issue, just it will be correct to let people know if it is a real thing or not, so they know how it all.

As for issues in window mode, i think it's just code's issues related to the scaling and wrong recalculation of the mouse coords (and the correct working in fullscreen prove that)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
kas1e wrote:@Maijestro
Quote:

Just small nitpiking about : when you made your videos, plz point out always that this is emulation, not real machine you record with, because ppls may see your videos on os4depot, and think that is how the real machine work (while real machine currently handle it's all better and faster). Not that is big issue, just it will be correct to let people know if it is a real thing or not, so they know how it all.

Thanks for the hint, I will change it again. People should not be scared how humpy the whole in the window and movement is

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

The source code is there, and if someone can improve it, they can. My programming skills are unfortunately very poor.

Nevertheless I like this tracker and I already know it from AmigaOs3.x, so we can all use it under AmigaOs4.1, so I acted in agreement with smarkusg.
The tracker has already been downloaded 32 times so there is interest from people to use it.

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/10/24 15:17:02
Edited by Maijestro on 2023/10/24 17:55:44
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I've finally found some time to try out the Protracker clone, and it's better than I had expected! Too bad about the bug in window mode which makes the top buttons pretty much unusable (as kas1e has pointed out above); hopefully this can be fixed.

Not that I think I'll now ditch the wonderful MilkyTracker and start using PT again, but it's great to have an alternative (and a tool for testing the .mod files produced by Milky).

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

I agree with you, I am also a bit irritated that no one has come up with the idea to port this tracker for AmigaOs4.1, the porting should be very easy in my opinion.

PT-Clone is of course not a replacement for MilckyTracker, but also offers a lot of settings and everyone who has used AmigaOs3.1 before should know Protracker.

This project was even created by Amiga users:

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=54323

And was made available for MacOs/Linux/Windows, through SDL2 we would now have the possibility to use this tracker also under AmigaOs4.1 as an additional system. I am also not sure if the error in the window output is not a bug of PT2-Clone, or just not taken into account when porting.

And yes I use AmigaOs4.1 behind the emulation but that doesn't mean I don't use it the same way as someone with real hardware.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Maijestro

There was a port of Protracker 2.3d released in 2006 - http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... /tracker/protracker23.lha

Obviously not as good as the the latest port but it worked.

@trixie

Capehills port of Milkytracker is my weapon of choice, love the powerfull but easy to use tools it have to create sounds without sampling.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@khayozQuote:
khayoz wrote:@Maijestro

There was a port of Protracker 2.3d released in 2006 - http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... /tracker/protracker23.lha

Obviously not as good as the the latest port but it worked.

I know this old port from PT on os4Depot and have already tried it out. There is a world of difference between this and the new version.

Every piece of new software that we can use under AmigaOs4.1 should be welcome, even if it is "just" a port. Of course PT2 seems old-fashioned compared to MilckyTracker, but it has experienced a lot of Amiga history

And if the users want it, why shouldn't this additional alternative be ported sensibly. ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Maijestro

Quote:
The porting of PT-Clone has been done by @smarkusg it is a quick and dirty port.

I was able to compile the latest version from GitHub, and the program runs. However, the DiskOp section is broken because no directories are listed in the browser. I wonder what the author of the OS4 port has modified in the code to make it work?

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

I have not had time(I´m lazy) to test the sampling function in PTclone,
does it work with AHI input?

Why not ask 8-bitBubsy the author about diskoperations, he´s an old Amiga dude so he knows his way around an Amiga.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@khayoz

Quote:
Why not ask 8-bitBubsy the author about diskoperations, he´s an old Amiga dude so he knows his way around an Amiga.

I'd much rather get in touch with the author of the OS4 port.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie @Maijestro

Yeah him too! ;)

Sure it was smarkusg who did the AOS4 port?
And Maijestro uploaded it to OS4Depot.
Both is here on this forum.

And while I have you here in this thread, any news on Rave?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I've made the DiskOp file browser to work simply by linking with the -lunix switch; apparently this was needed to handle DOS paths correctly. Now I'll try to see if I can fix the mouse problem in the window mode. No promises though, as I have no previous experience with SDL

@khayoz

Quote:
And while I have you here in this thread, any news on Rave?

Sadly, Rave hasn't got much attention this year due to some family issues I'm dealing with. However, I'm planning to release a small update before Christmas.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

Quote:
I'd much rather get in touch with the author of the OS4 port.

I compiled this to test pt2-clone in connection with a post in the "SDL2" topic. I posted a link on the forum to a person who mentioned this program - it ran slowly.
I was admonished not to post links on the forum and I removed that.
I didn't want to post this on os4epot because I don't have much time at the moment. You would have to test it to see if it works properly on any hardware, see what license the program is under . If the programme is under the GPL, you must also include the sources. If another licence, see its content etc.
Just compiling is not everything some people don't remember posting only binary files.
I have forwarded the sources and the file to @Maijestro with the description as above.

If you need what I changed no problem I can send you - but I think you already did it yourself as you can see from the description

Nice that you managed to do it and I hope you will fix the bug with the program in window mode. Honestly I didn't even notice after PT I always used full screen.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Trixie
Not that i want to advocate what to do, but those issues with mouse looks like broken calculation depend on screensize and scaling factor. Which imho mean issue with original code, and maybe worth to create BZ on the author's github page. But maybe our SDL2 can be guilty too, through i didnt see this kind of problem in other ports

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@smarkusg

Quote:
If you need what I changed no problem I can send you - but I think you already did it yourself

I had to disable the exception handler in pt2_main.c and the audio format check in pt2_audio.c. As for the latter, I'll have to see - when I get home tonight - why SDL_OpenAudioDevice() fails when asking for the AUDIO_S16 format. Is it because I have a 32-bit mode set in the AHI prefs? If so, why does the audio work fine when I disable the check?

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie
I have added something like this. For AOS4 I think something like this should be correct

#if defined __amigaos4__

want.format AUDIO_S16SYS;
#else

want.format AUDIO_S16;
#endif

#if defined __amigaos4__

if (have.format != AUDIO_S16SYS)
#else

if (have.format != AUDIO_S16)
#endif

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@smarkusg

Ah, after reading some docs I can see that now. AUDIO_S16 assumes little endian, so a different format must be used for the Amiga. Thanks!

The Rear Window blog

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 »