Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 156

jabirulo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 »
Re: Sam460LE 1.10 Ghz Pre-Order!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello, me and two friends bought 3 sam460ex le boards during Amiga38
Resized Image

They're already launched,
I'm waiting for the enhancer, v5 driver, and sound card to install the final version of OS4.1. For now, I'm using 7750, but without drivers it doesn't really matter. Finally, I will have to decide whether to use hd7750 or rx560 because I already have these two cards. I read a lot and actually did not find clear information about what is the most optimal choice to have a stable system with fast 2D and good 3D support. I think rx560 would be the best option except that u-boot is not visible and no available a soft reset...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Misha
Welcome to the club! 3 new users at once, and maybe one of you or all of you will be another developer(s) ! :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@misha
Nice, enjoy these wonderful Amiga's :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@misha

Hi, and welcome to Amigans.net!

Congratulations on purchasing the Sam460's!

If you like to play games, we have a monthly games competition here on Amigans. It is a good way of discovering new titles to play.

Have fun with Sam460LE!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mishaQuote:
misha wrote:Hello, me and two friends bought 3 sam460ex le boards during Amiga38
Resized Image

They're already launched,
I'm waiting for the enhancer, v5 driver, and sound card to install the final version of OS4.1. For now, I'm using 7750, but without drivers it doesn't really matter. Finally, I will have to decide whether to use hd7750 or rx560 because I already have these two cards. I read a lot and actually did not find clear information about what is the most optimal choice to have a stable system with fast 2D and good 3D support. I think rx560 would be the best option except that u-boot is not visible and no available a soft reset...

Congrats and nice to see happy faces, guys! Long Live Amiga :D

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

I still have a lot to catch up on, with hardware and drivers, and I'm just starting to play with OS4.1 because so far I've mostly used 3.9 on my classic Amiga 4k and 3.2 on small Amigas. I've been browsing your blogs and YouTube - I can see that I'm going to have a lot of fun

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Glad to see there are some more Sam460LE owners here.

I have stability issues with my Sam460LE and maybe someone here can help me troubleshooting.
I have a Si3112 card with one HDD attached. I set up a nice dual boot for AOS4.1 and MorphOS.
On both OSes, the system freezes randomly!
I ran memtest on MorphOS, but my RAM seems the be fine. And SFSDoctor says that my Filesystem structure is correct.
I don't think it's a temperature problem, I left the case open and tested with a pedestal fan.
I tested with different GPUs, no difference.
Can my PSU be faulty? It has 300W and should be more than enough for this system and one of my GPUs is a modest RX550...
I also supspect my SATA card. How likely is it, that this could be the culprit?
Any idea that narrows down the error source is greatly appreciated! Can you also recommend any tools for stress testing, etc.?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@skygecko

The Sii3112 card is likely to show instability on Sam460 boards, replace it with a 3512 or 3114.

Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl, Soft3
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I managed to get a SiI3114 card and the freezes are gone! What an annoying issue, but finally I can enjoy my SAM460! Sad that this wasn't mentionend in the manual, it could've saved me lots of nerves...
MorphOS runs super stable, but on AmigaOS I still experience some software related issues like stopping internet access after a few minutes of web browsing. I will ask for these issues in different threads.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Please, which PCIe sound cards for Sam460le are compatible both with AmigaOS and MorphOS?
On compatibility pages I found only this: Envy24HT PCIe

Unfortunatelly is very hard to found one. Yes, I can use different cards for testing, the same way like with graphics cards. Maybe I can use PCI catd with PCIe-PCI bridge or PCIe switch, but the best will be one PCIe.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The Envy24 series are native PCI soundchips so the PCIe cards have a bridge-chip, which is more convenient than a PCI-PCIe adapter. I know only one PCIe soundcard with a real Envy24 chip (ESI Juli@ XTe), but there are also cards with the Tremor entry-level chip (VT1723) which are way better to get. Tremor fully works with the Envy24HT drivers.

Here is a list of Envy24 cards:
https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIA_Vinyl_Audio

I bought a similar card like this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/29627151126 ... s&_ul=GB&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

It's not a premium sound solution of course, but I think it's a great choice for the SAM460.

Edited by skygecko on 2024/3/31 0:07:23
Edited by skygecko on 2024/3/31 0:08:19
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have the Creative Audigy FX. It was the only PCIe sound card I could find for sale. It was on Amazon for about 40 dollars or so. The HDA drivers were on the SD card that came with the SAM460LE board. I'm really happy with it.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kishigo

Quote:
The HDA drivers were on the SD card that came with the SAM460LE board. I'm really happy with it.

Thats odd... these drivers are not available anymore and may not be distributed at all if i recall correct... (unless the dev and Acube made some deal )

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The Creative Audigy FX and also the V2 are fine cards as well, but they're not listed in the MorphOS compatibilty list. Both cards have realtek chips, but I have no idea about compatibilty in AmigaOS.

The HDA driver situation is interesting. Any further infos on this?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
The HDA driver situation is interesting. Any further infos on this?

For what i can remember...

A dutch hard and software developer who goes by the name of @geennaam on this forum was not happy with the soundcard choices he had after puchasing his X5000 board. Instead of using 15+ year old cards (SB Live /VIA HT/GT based etc), or the cheap chinese CMIxxx audio cards he was interested in using the Soundblaster Audigy FX. Yes, miracles can happen. He managed to dig into the documentation then develop and release a driver in only a few months of hard work!

His driver was submited to, and released on OS4Depot. He did mention in his readme and/or disclaimer that came with the driver to not just use his software for commercial purposes.

I am not sure but since he pulled back his driver(s) from OS4Depot this could just have happend. So if i am correct and due to using his software for commercial stuff, we all cannot benefit from his driver anymore, and therefor i would like to thank those responsible.

Anyway... this is what i remember, and if wrong, @geennaam will probably correct me after reading this.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you, now I recall the existence of this driver!

https://www.amigans.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2941

So it was no April 1st joke... :D

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Great! Thanks @geennaam!

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@m3x

So never use SIL 3112 for Sam460, or is it depending on the fw version on the card?

The firmware is found here: https://www.latticesemi.com/Support/ASSPSoftwareArchive

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@arfcarl

In our tests, the SIL 3112 is unreliable when used with a Sam460 board, the exact cause is unkwown.

Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl, Soft3
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@m3x

I actually used on old model SIL3112 for many years with no problems. Have 3 of this model. Using one on an X5000 currently.

A newer model gave problems on box the Sam460ex and also on an X5000 so card may be faulty.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 »