Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Your graphics and sound card recommendations for X5000
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello,

I've finally ordered an X5000 motherboard and now I need to choose graphics and sound cards for it. What do you recommend?

Go to top
Re: Your graphics and sound card recommendations for X5000
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jap

See my signature I've never had a problem with either the Radeon 560 or the Juli@ soundcard in my X5000. (Knock on wood.)

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@japQuote:
jap wrote:Hello,

I've finally ordered an X5000 motherboard and now I need to choose graphics and sound cards for it. What do you recommend?

Nice to see new x5000 user around the corner :) on my x5000 I am using Radeon rx580 and SBlaster Audigy Fx without of any issues.

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Maybe you should mention whether your are using PCI or PCI-express sound card.

I am using a PCI soundblaster and was told not all soundblaster PCI-E are compatible so maybe it is the same for Audigy and Juli soundcards ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jap

Welcome to the X5000 club!

I´ve got an Asus RX580 and a ESI Juli@ PCIe (thanks Raziel) in my X5000.

But remember that the X5000 Amiga OS4.1FE ISO installer don´t have support for RX cards, either use an older card during install and then install RX drivers or edit the ISO(search this forum) with RX drivers to install the OS directly with a RX card.

Also the NGFS(file system) on the X5000 ISO is outdated, Tony Wyatt the author of NGFS can help you out with a newer version.

If you have any problems, just ask for help here.

And oh yeah, X5000/20 or X5000/40?

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the suggestions!

Based on your recommendations so far, I'm going to select Sound Blaster Audigy Fx for the sound card (https://uk.creative.com/p/sound-cards/sound-blaster-audigy-fx) and ASUS Dual Radeon RX 560 4GB for the graphics card (https://www.asus.com/motherboards-comp ... cards/dual/dual-rx560-4g/).

@khayoz

Thanks for the tips!

I ordered an X5000/20, but lets see if the dealer really has any X5000/20s left.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
People are being a bit misleading here on the sound card. Unless it has been re-released in the last week or so (I've been too busy to check in for a while) there is no driver available for it. There was but the author has withdrawn it. They intend to re-release it at some point but as far as I know that hasn't happened yet.

I fell into this trap too and bought an Audigy FX on peoples recommendations that is still sat in the box awaiting the driver re-release. I forget what I bought to replace it but it was only about £15 on Amazon. I have people round imminently but can look it up this evening if I remember.

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Regarding the RX cards, did someone post instructions on how to install and what to edit in ISO for X5000? I searched through the forum and can only find forum threads for X1000. I was pretty sure this was covered at some point but I can't find it anywhere now. Thanks!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@levellord

I once linked it in a forum, but I don't know if it was here. Page is in German, but I linked it using Google translate.
I hope it helps a little

Create a USB installation stick for AmigaOne X5000/20 with RX graphics card

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
YES! This is it, thank you @McFly, appreciate it and bookmarked it!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks McFly! I bookmarked the page as well.

Go to top

Register To Post