Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Odyssey driving me crazy
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yesterday I had odyssey working with aiostreams and YouTube. Today, I've downloaded the latest Odyssey from os4depot and now I get a crash in newlib.library and a complaint about the mediaplayer when I open the YouTube webpage. Both my old and new odyssey do not work anymore with youtube.

Since the aiostreams context menus were already there, it looks like there's some global odyssey preference file somewhere but I can't find it. Maybe that is the source of the issue.

I also can't get the internal accelerated mediaplayer to work anymore.

Aiostreams works fine from cli. So the problem is with odyssey.

Is there a some definitive guide how to configure Odyssey to work with youtube?

The newlib issue was also described here:https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... s=Odyssey+preference+file

Edited by geennaam on 2023/8/6 17:43:08
Go to top
Re: Odyssey driving me crazy
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam
Quote:
Yesterday I had odyssey working with aiostreams and YouTube. Today, I've downloaded the latest Odyssey from os4depot and now I get a crash in newlib.library and a complaint about the mediaplayer when I open the YouTube webpage. Both my old and new odyssey do not work anymore with youtube.

Not sure if this is your problem but here are the notes I have on getting YouTube to work in the latest Odyssey.
Setup YouTube play on Odyssey 1.23r7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You need to use 1.23r7
http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/ody ... odyssey_1.23r5_beta07.lha

Exactly in r6 and r7 were added hardware-accelerated (by composting) media player. So if your card support
compositing you will be fine with it.

But to have youtube plays now is a bit harder than before. That is what you need to do (after you install r7):

1. Be sure you install youtube scripts in your "scripts" menu of Odyssey, and one of them should be replaced by a newer one from there:
https://morph.zone/downloads/YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.zip.

And be sure in URLs you will be redirected to the mobile version of youtube (like on this video). And then, once you will press on that rectangle at the bottom of the video it will call the accelerated player, and make a video window how on the video. That all pretty boring and non-user friendly, but at least you can make
it works.

Taken from Kas1e.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktaddQuote:
ktadd wrote:@geennaam
You need to use 1.23r7
http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/ody ... odyssey_1.23r5_beta07.lha

Unfortunately the link doesn't work.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro
Full link is https://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/ody ... odyssey_1.23r5_beta07.lha

But this is "pre" version of the one which on os4depot. At least there wasn't any changes since this beta, and all just was merged in.

In other words , this one, or one from os4depot, should make no differences.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
OK, suddenly, accelerated video works again without the newlib error and without apparent reason. Then I download the newer script. Doesn't work anymore. Same newlib error. Revert back to older script. Doesn't work anymore, newlib error is back.

Getting aiostreams with Emotion to work from odyssey always end up in Emotion crashing with an IO error.

Very frustrating.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I never got Odyssey to work with Youtube videos...

I use AmiTube to stream directly to Emotion and that works out very well.

Current Amiga computers: Vampire V4-SA, Sam460ex, A1-X5000/020
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cageman

For German AmigaOS 4 users, Jörg Renkert has written a very cool Hollywood application called Mediathek which provides access to the online media libraries of the German public television broadcasters.

https://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2023-08-00013-EN.html

There is also an option of transferring the link of a film etc. to e.g. Emotion, so you do not have to download the film, but stream it. But this does not work. Emotion is started but nothing happend.

So, my question is: does it work in your case with AmiTube or do you also have to copy the link to the clipboard and then start Emotion vial Shell?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam
To say truth, i do have sometime the same (i mean newlib errors and non-working youtube). The other day it works. Don't know what happens. But i sure change nothing between working and non-working times.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

OK if it even fails for you then I might as well stop finding the issue on my setup.
When it comes to youtube, we might be better off with a gui for aiostreams then. Because aiostreams+Youtube+Emotion works just fine for me.

Is there a GUI for aiostreams available somewhere? Otherwise I'll create my own.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam

Here is what I just did that stopped giving me errors when I visited the YouTube page.

1. Go to the YouTube main page and click on the little circle in the upper right corner.
2. Login to your account. (set one up if you don't have one.)
3. Once logged into yoru account, click on Settings.
4. Then click on "account" and turn off the "video previews" setting.
(Note: you may be able to change them without loggin in. I'm not sure. I logged in.)

Your settings will be remembered from then on, even if your not logged in.

Once I did that, I no longer received the errors when visiting the YouTube page.
Make sure you are spoofing as iPad 6.1. Set the spoofing using the Windows / URL Settings.... menu item.

Hope this helps. It seems to have solved my issues.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Fingers crossed but that seems to solved the issue with odyssey itself.

I've already suspected that the issue was cookies related.

When I delete my current Odyssey and unpack my backed up one, I could run it once without crash and it would cause the newlib issue on a reboot or second run of odyssey.

This step was also needed to be able to login to youtube and change the preview setting.

Unfortunately it doesn't solve the issue with aiostreams and the Emotion IO error crash. This still only works when I run a "fresh backup".

Edit1: It only solves the error once per session. When I go to a different site and then back to youtube, the newlib issue is back again. Only a reboot will make it work again.

Edit2: Definitly cookies. When I overwrite the /conf/cookies.db from my backup to my odyssey installation before I run odyssey the everything works fine without signing in to youtube.
So now create a script that copies my backed up cookies.db before starting odyssey. Now it works on every new start of odyssey.

Edited by geennaam on 2023/8/7 10:05:25
Edited by geennaam on 2023/8/7 10:42:30
Edited by geennaam on 2023/8/7 10:50:12
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

maybe you could try something like "cookie master" from OS4depot
http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... /browser/cookiemaster.lha

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

I've been seeing the same issues also.
Tried your fix, so far so good but will do more testing.
No need for an account though, that option is there logged in or not.

Cheers

Go to top

Register To Post