Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 82

AmigaSociety, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
SuperMario64 port to OS4 anyone?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Cowcat are working on porting sm64ex to MorphOS and he also recently released a beta for WOS which more or less runs on OS4, although it has some issues with textures and there are some spare freeze.

The game is based on the reverse engineering of the famous game from Nintendo, and the quality is very very good

Is there any brave volunteer who has the desire and ability to try to compile it natively on OS4?

Here the source:

https://github.com/Cowcat5150/sm64ex

Go to top
Re: SuperMario64 port to OS4 anyone?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
It has already been ported on MorphOS by BeWorld in 2021 (based on CowCat's work).

In French : https://www.meta-morphos.org/viewtopic ... ic=2233&forum=52&start=18

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-L

Cowcat recently released a new version, maybe that could be used for an updated OS4 exe...? (And also MOS, if anyone wishes)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I built it but with some aweful sound. Rather than trying to debug this issue I think I have heard this issue before. Any ideas?

Resized Image

https://ibb.co/pLcrLqj

I will have a search through Sinan's threads - I think he had the same issue.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes, the linked issue wrt. sound was the fix.

Thanks to the work of BeWorld, Sinan, Capehill (the list goes on!) and the importance of historical posts we have a working binary.

I am just sure on the legality of uploading the static binary... Anyone?

Edited by rjd324 on 2023/5/20 10:46:00
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Nice, thanks to have taken it
Btw, are there any problems with the textures?
I did some betatesting on the WarpOS version, it worked with ReWarp but there were various graphical issues

Sam440ep Flex 800Mhz 160GB HD + AmigaOS 4.1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rjd324

You could post the binary with instructions as attachment to the amigans discord #games channel.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rjd324

Quote:
rjd324 wrote:Yes, the linked issue wrt. sound was the fix.

Thanks to the work of BeWorld, Sinan, Capehill (the list goes on!) and the importance of historical posts we have a working binary.

I am just sure on the legality of uploading the static binary... Anyone?

I would like to test the sm64 build. Is there a way where I can download it ?

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rjd324

I own the original N64 game itself, so I don't think there would be any copyright issues so long as it wasn't distributed beyond existing owners. But I'm no lawyer. If you do need a tester, in addition to having the actual N64 system and game, I can test on my X5000 and A1222 with RadeonHD and RadeonRX cards. Let me know.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Well it's on the discord server as @geennaam suggested. I guess: "only get it if you are allowed to".

George Orwell.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@thread

Since not everyone is on the Discord server -- and why not?! -- I'll summarize my findings here.

1. Works perfectly on X5000
2. Performs great on A1222, but some GL textures are rendered incorrectly

Both points are true whether running with a Southern Islands RadeonHD card or a RadeonRX card.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'm also keen to test the game. I own an X5000 040 with Polaris and an X1000 with R9 270.
Please ask for a link.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
So according to our current test, for now it works only in newer cards... but for example with older Radeon 9200 it crash at startup

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Would be keen to try this on X1000 and RX550. Is there a compiled build available?

Edit, all sorted. Game runs great. Thanks.

Edited by ddni on 2023/5/23 18:08:58
AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@thread

Quote:
Since not everyone is on the Discord server -- and why not?! -- I'll summarize my findings here.

1. Works perfectly on X5000
2. Performs great on A1222, but some GL textures are rendered incorrectly

Both points are true whether running with a Southern Islands RadeonHD card or a RadeonRX card.

Just a quick update... after looking at the issue, Daniel was able to identify the problem (an incompatibility with the LTE layer) and it should be addressed with the next release of the OpenGLES2 library. For A1222 users who want to try this, just add ogles2.library to the LTE blacklist for now and it should work great.

Oh, and if you're lost as to the controls, there's a guide on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SuperMario64/ ... 9/sm64_pc_controls_guide/

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I would upload it to OS4Depot, but there just does not seem to be away to strip out all the in-built copyright material. I seldom come across a build system like it. It would take time to look into it more to see if there is a more appropriate way already existing in the build system, but I have not had the time to do it yet.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
this should work just fine with Radeon 9250 as it is from same sources as WarpOS version, but does it work with it?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@utri007

Not yet, i hope a solution could be found with the native port
WarpOS binary works on OS4 with Radeon 9250

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
As to why it doesn't work on a non RX/HD card:

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... id=130809#forumpost130809

explains it. I always need to revert back to that thread since the combination of subsystems and their associations ALWAYS confuse me.

Having read that post from kas1e again, I guess I would need to

- re-build sm64 with minigl/core SDL2 (and make an additional release)
- find out a way to make the static binary releasable due to the embedded copyright. Not sure if encrypting the static binary and unencrypting it after performing an md5 sum on the user's n64 ROM and all asset files pass would suffice... Still, whether the bin is encrypted or not - it is considered a copy.

Edited by rjd324 on 2023/5/25 9:54:24
George Orwell.
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »