Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: SDK 54.16
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

The funny thing is that i have had this behaviour before...i can't remember when, but this new installer seems to eat the last line since some time now...i remember other installers (OS4 stuff) do that too, so maybe something in the program?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Today published first part of an Introduction to the Software Development Kit V54.16:

https://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2022-10-00048-EN.html

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Primax
That's perfect. Thank you for it.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Using -Wextra as compiler switch (GCC 11) I got the following error:

/SDK/newlib/include/stddef.h:2:15: fatal error: stddef.h: No such file or directory
2 | #include_next <stddef.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

On the net I read some forums where devs suggested to avoid the GCC directive "#include_next" and use other ways to do same thing.
I hope it can be fixed for us.

I tested also GCC 6 and made a "FlashmandelNG" version for SPE.
It should be faster than FPU versions..
I'm looking for a Tabor owner to see if it works and how it performs, maybe I have to compile also a special version of C GMP libraty for SPE and link it as static. If some betatester is interested please contact me.

Anyway new SDK is a big step forward for native developers, many thanks to @Walkero all others involved!

Memento audere semper!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@flash

Quote:

Using -Wextra as compiler switch (GCC 11) I got the following error:

/SDK/newlib/include/stddef.h:2:15: fatal error: stddef.h: No such file or directory
2 | #include_next <stddef.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

That really shouldn't happen and I'm so far unable to reproduce it here (either with a cross compiler or native gcc).

The reason the #include_next fails is because the gcc internal stddef.h is ahead of the "newlib" one in the compiler's include search path, but for this exact reason and the fact that the gcc stddef.h does not contain a #include_next directive the "newlib" stddef.h header should never be used...

The only reason that there is a stddef.h header included at all with newlib is for vbcc compiler support, so if you do not use the vbcc compiler (or don't use the +newlib target) you can simply delete this file, and if this doesn't fix things then there is something wrong with your gcc installation.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@flash
This should be mentioned in adtools repository as an issue if you haven't done that yet, so that it is not forgotten, and people can be aware. I reproducible example would be helpful.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
We have published the second part of an Introduction to the Software Development Kit V54.16:

https://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2022-10-00129-EN.html

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Primax

Couple of dancing bananas here:)

Peg2 1GHz G4, 1Gb mem, Radeon 9250
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Primax

Great, very helpful!

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Primax
That is great. Thank you so much for that article. Really good information in there.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
There is an error though at

RAM Disk:Shared/Sources/hello/hello.c
#include
2 int main(void)

Line 1 should be

#include <stdio.h>

Also, it would be useful to mention the following:

1. A lot of information on how the SDK is set up and how the compilers can be used is mentioned in the introduction pdf file that can be found in the installation folder. It would be good for people to read that document if they are not familiar with the SDK.

2. Different GCC versions can be used by using the binary based with the specific version added at its name, i.e. gcc-11 or gcc-6

3. If AmiCygnix is installed the user must make sure that the lines that are added in user-startup must are before the AmiCygnix lines, so to avoid problems with its software.

In any way, the guide is very good and much needed for everyone. Thank you to everyone involved.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This has been already fixed, thanks. It was interpreted as HTML.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I will add your hints later to the article. Thank you very much, George!

And of course I will forward the nice words given by all of you to the author.
I only encouraged him and published and translated (probably not in a perfect way) his article.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Primax

Nice work!

I have a few other little things I noticed which you might want to look at:

Quote:
What is required for the installation?

As mentioned in the first paragraph, update 2 of AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition should be installed.
Maybe it should also be mentioned that there were some single updates released after the main update 2, the latest ones not long ago. I'm not sure if they are necesarily required to use the SDK, but it's always a good idea to be as up to date as possible.

IOW, use AmiUpdate.

Quote:
...you should check, if Startup file is fine and if these new lines have been added:

;BEGIN AmigaOS 4.1 SDK assign SDK: Work:SDK execute SDK:S/sdk-startup ;END AmigaOS 4.1 SDK
Some line feeds are missing here.

Quote:
What do I do if it didn't work?

Not wnough disk space?
Typo: "wnough" should nbe "enough".

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Thank you very much! Fixed it!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Everyone,

Question about the new SDK.

So a program like this:

#include stdlib.h
#include stdio.h
#include string
#include iostream
using namespace std;

int main ()
{
cout << "This is a test";

return 0;
}

(This will not let me put the Greater than/Equal signs around the #includes, must not be editing this right LOL)

So for GCC 6.4.0 I get this:

/SDK/newlib/lib/libc.a(stub_wcsftime.o): warning: newlib.library 53.68 required for wcsftime().

And same message for getwc(), ungetwc(), and putwc().
Now it compiles and runs correctly just has the warnings.

For GCC 8.4.0 it is completely broken.

I get the same message as above, plus opt/adtools/native-build/gcc-native-build-8.4.0/ppc-amigaos/libstdc++-v3/include/ext/atomicity.h:95: undefined reference to '__gthread_active_p'
And whole bunch more.

Iostream is the standard input/output for c++. Do we have the standard c setup for the new SDK GCC versions? Is there a fix for this? Am I missing something?

Yogi

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@yogi32

If you get undefined references to __gthread_#? with newer gcc it just means that you need to add -athread=single (or -athread=native if your code uses C++ threads) when linking.

Also when posting source code on the forum if you use [ code] /* insert code here */ [ /code] tags (without the space after the '[') it won't remove the angular brackets and the indentation will be preserved.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
SDK 54.16 doesn't seem able to compile any non-trivial Amiga C++ programs, when using GCC v8 or later (some kind of linker errors). But it does work with GCC v6.

Is this a known bug?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH
The bigger GCC the bigger they use warning-to-error switches. For example if you have before some warnings (or no warning at all), with later gcc you may have and warnings, and warnings threated as errors, so things will not compiles and just exit.

In other words, as far as we all known, there is no new bugs in GCC since 4.x ones which affect os4 code (8.x were used quite heavy in last years by us, and last year most of us on GCC 11). But what is for sure, is that GCC version by version is more strict to any kind of thing it may threat as bad coding. But for that they should throw errors at you of course.

Also, when you use C++, dont' forget to use -athread=native when compile objects, it was added somewhere in last years.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
Also, when you use C++, dont' forget to use -athread=native when compile objects, it was added somewhere in last years.

@salass00 Quote:
If you get undefined references to __gthread_#? with newer gcc it just means that you need to add -athread=single (or -athread=native if your code uses C++ threads) when linking.

Thanks, this solves my problem... but if OS4's GCC is unable to compile most C++ code without some magical option (undocumented by the SDK), then that (1) seems like a bug, and (2) seems very bad design.

-athread also doesn't work with GCC v6 or earlier, so it's not possible to have one set of options that works for different GCC versions.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »