Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 18 »
Re: Updater tool: latest releases and updates
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amigakit
Quote:
RadeonHD v3 doesnt support Video Acceleration.
A lot more development was done then adding GART and many other fixes and the result is the RadeonHD V5 driver. This is on sale now as a retail box item and a digital download in the coming week:

Thanks for the reply. I'm a little suprised that I have to pay for the VA library after purchasing DVPlayer with the promise of accelerated video but then I'm also suprised that I didn't have to pay for the Enhancer 2.2 upgrade with all the nice improvements so that's a wash.

I do wish there was a download only version of the driver, even if it was only discounted by the materials cost of the DVD and the shipping cost. While I appreciate that you went through the trouble of creating a DVD, it just becomes another item sitting around the house and typically becomes useless after updates to the software.

Having said all that, I do appreciate all the great work being done on enhancer and am certianly willing to pay to support it. I think we have gotten a lot of value for the money, especially on such a small market system, so I'm not complainging about having to pay.

Keep up the good work!

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

This is on sale now as a retail box item and a digital download in the coming week:

You did see that part, didn't you?

I'll personally also wouldn't want to stack another useless box, so I'm going to wait for the digital download and pack everything together on a local dvd-rw

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi,
at first thanks for updating the Enhancer to 2.2 it it nice, Doom3 from HunoPPC is now running on my X1000 and even on Sam440ep-flex !!

I see that new RadeonHD.chip V5 is not part of Enhancer 2.2 ( I have still V3.7 ). It is not so big problem, I can buy it separatelly, but i have some questions:

- are there more detailed info about RadeonHD v5 features? ( like Enhancer has here: http://www.a-eon.com/news/News_Release_Enhancer_Software_v2.2.pdf)
- are DVPlayer or Emotion capable of HW accelerated playback on X1000+SI card with RadeonHD v5 ?

- mr2 mentioned here Sam440ep-flex + SI card.
I have also this excellent combination ( here is my article with Sam440ep-flex cards testing: https://www.amigaportal.cz/node/149415 - needs translation, Czech lang.).
Is it possible to test if RadeonHD V5 (Sam460ex version as Spectre660 mentioned) works on Sam440ep-flex ?
I can do betatesting, if there will be interest.

Good job A-EON !

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

RadeonHD.chip V5.14 for X5000

Download available for registered users.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakitQuote:
amigakit wrote:Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

RadeonHD.chip V5.14 for X5000

Download available for registered users.

"RadeonHD.chip V5.14 for X5000" and MultiEdit both come up with the "missing on server" message.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Please try the RadeonHD v5 again. I removed the spaces from the server name so this maybe stopping it download

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

Thats better, its correctly saying that I need to purchase it to download so now i wait until its available to buy and download digitally - Amistore soon?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit

Please exactly describe the correct procedure to purchase and download the V5 driver.
First I have to purchase it on your website? And then, after quite some time, it will be available to AmiStore?
On your website, three different versions are available, but you announced only one for the X5000? Correct? What about the others?

Why can't I buy it right now and only through AmiStore?
Thanks!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi, I am is amigans from 91 and returned from 2014 with morphos and this year with X5000 and AOS4.1.

This is my first post in this forum.
Sorry for my litle english.

I do not understand why you do not sell the dowload version, but sell the CD version.
This idea is more expensive for us and for you.
Not has sense.
Only the download version, It would be cheaper for us and profitable for you.
Why not apply a payment policy for an annual update, like AmiKit for * UAE?
Which includes all the products of the Enhancer suite at the latest version.
Without having to go crazy about what to buy and where, border payments, CDs, etc.

I admire your efforts to maintain the platform and I admire your work.
But your marketing policy is suicidal

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@vagappc
We told the same to Mattew many times, but everyone giving up and we can only accept that things is done as he want it to do, even if marketing is not his strong point with os4 software :) but again he with Trevor pay, so ..

For example, problems with updater always there : those "missing on server" errors all the time here and cant be fixed at once (dont ask why), and this happens almosr all the time and mattew need manually fix it.

Unability to just buy stuff from web and have downloadable link on the same web (as done with all shops and even amiga shops) make me crazy and i am sure piece off some os4 users too.

Put on sale drivers in a box and not as download version : have no words here :) why anyone need to pay cost for shipping, producing, waiting - all behind me, but maybe Mattew think that if one buy something which need shipping will buy more things.. but well , that still piece off users more.

Versioning mess all those different versions of the same drivers with little changes, different versions of enhacers - mess too. Made just one version, put all inside, raise the price and be done with.

Everything can be done logical, but it is not.

So i accept that madness because they (aeon) pay for Hans and others devs for their work. But cleary that kind of crazy marketing piece off everyone.

Of course Mattew will come here and say unrelated stuff about things no one say: that they make foundations basis, bad hyperion and co, but not why he cant make all to be sold normally.

But again - he pay, he do what he want. Such a live :) Better to have it like this, in compare with have no progress at all.

Edited by kas1e on 2022/9/15 16:03:55
Edited by kas1e on 2022/9/15 16:08:11
Edited by kas1e on 2022/9/15 16:16:41
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@vagappc
welcome... Have fun with your new system.
please, get some time and introduce yourself at https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=20

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
We are just adjusting some code for Amistore that imposes hard limits in the product database. Once that is resolved we can add the three RadeonHD v5 platforms there

In the meantime RadoenHD is being added to the Updater database. X1000 and Sam 460 variants are next.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e thanks for your answer. Don't misunderstand me, I really appreciate the works of Mattew.
It is the marketing that I think is crazy.
The CD version has sense only if an OS or a Suite Software for a collector.
But this is only drivers.
In other platform like android, windows, linux, etc. nobody still wants CD. Why with Amiga should be different.
The production's cost for the print of CD are useless. It would be more profitable for everyone if they pocketed them.

About the server it is not simple by having few resources. Today exist more problems rather than the past.

For me, Hyperion is really the evil.

@walkero I am sorry. I provide

@amikit thanks for answer and your effort.
I hope that in the future. AmiStore will open up to other developers like Goolge Play.
Making this way a circular market.
It is sad seeing always the same things, when every month there is something new. It looks like abandoned.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit
What you mean by x1000 and sam460 versions are next and 3 radeonhd platforms ? Radeonhd driver the same for all platforms ! Or you made another mess and specially ask Hans to make 3 the same drivers just with code to avoid them to work on all platforms ??:)) If so, another mess for everyone... I hope to be wrong, but if i am right, then facepalm.

I fear you will also made novabridge to not works everywhere as it now, and made restrictions in all the places so no one can use the same version on all platforms ?

@vagappc
Marketing even worse if i read mattews answer right. Now you have 3 versions of radeonhd drivrer, and last one split on 3 versions too !

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
WTF... its getting better with every update... now drivers are divided by platforms? what next? divided by graphic card models?

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DJBase: devided by screen resolution ;)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@DJBaseQuote:
DJBase wrote:WTF... its getting better with every update... now drivers are divided by platforms? what next? divided by graphic card models?

You mean like RadeonHD and RadeonRX? like it already is?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@derfs

Quote:
You mean like RadeonHD and RadeonRX? like it already is?

No, even more worse... HD4000, HD5000, HD6000, HD7000 or whatever models are out there...

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
If I am not wrong, the Enhancer and the driver's license are "one copy per machine". So, if you have 2 AmigaOne, you need 2 copies of the software. Matthew just tries to enforce that starting with the drivers.

Many did that in the past, and the AmigaOS 4 has different versions for different hardware. I don't really see where the problem with it is.

The whole situation shows how unprepared they were and how well planning was done. They announced software that they were not able to deliver properly. And I am sure they sprint right now so to catch up with the Amiga events in October.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The Problem ist not that we are not willing to pay. The problem is that we have threads full of discussions what we need, how we get it and what the hell it means ;)

Less is more. Simplyfy the process and Shops and also Devs have less problems (have we now be care of the different drivers when we develop something? The same stuff as we have now with Enhancer 2.2 which brings VA.library but crashes working software because of missing RadeonHD drivers?).

Simplify the process and the range of stupid versions that we understand what we get...

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 18 »