Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 17 »
Re: RadeonHD V.5 driver
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So, is the RadeonHD V5 driver actually released then? I purchased it through the Amigakit store over 2 weeks ago and it still shows my order as PENDING. From what I gather, that's normal for Amigakit, but I'm wondering if the product is actually ready, or if it's being held up somehow.

My Amiga blog: markround.com/amiga
My hardware: X5000 running OS4.1; A1200 Vampire V1200v2, KS 3.1.4
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ah. I've just ordered it too. Hopefully it is not some kind of hidden pre-order.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mdr @K-L

Actually it's held up right now in the customs of Never never land!

Sorry for messing with you guys... ;)

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@khayoz
Quote:
Edit: And the Warp3D Nova book! Any plans for a part 2?

I thought about it, but a survey revealed that few people are actually interested in OpenGL tutorials let alone Warp3D Nova. I was rather disappointed with the number of people ignoring the actual survey and using it instead to ask for 3D game ports (porting for free, of course).

There is some interest in game programming using existing game engines.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

Resized Image
Hope this helps a bit.

Quote:
Hans wrote:@walkero

Quote:
Quote:
We all expect an income from our day jobs. Why do we expect Amigakit/AEon to be anything different?

Again, I haven't seen anyone mentioning here anything about that, nor that they will not buy the package. So that's not the discussion we do. Of course, they need to get paid and no one said the opposite. I hope that's clear.

I appreciate this, because I have been accused of being "greedy." Meanwhile, it's tight financially, and ZitaFTP Server's income is probably negative due to what has been spent on contractors vs. sales. That's ignoring all the hours I've spent working on it since 2017. I'm hoping to turn this around with v2, which will finally have some of the features I've been wanting to add since the beginning.

I have a family to feed, and if I can't earn enough by writing AmigaOS software, then I have no choice but to spend fewer hours writing AmigaOS software, and work on other stuff instead.

Thank you to those who have bought (and continue to buy) software I've written. You're the reason why I'm still here.

Hans

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

Wow! Thanks. That's very much appreciated.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Thread

Still waiting for my order to be processed (still in "pending" status).

Just imagine mdr who has paid for it nearly a month ago.

Let's be honest : it was a hidden preorder of an unfinished driver (and if the driver has been finished by Hans, it's worse because it prevents him from getting money for his work).

If no news on next monday, I will get back my funds, I don't like being fooled.

--
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Mine is still PENDING a month later. I've emailed @amigakit to ask what the status is.

UPDATE: They replied saying "Sorry for the delay. A-EON has made a few tweaks and changes to the driver.". I have been sent a download link to the product which I will try later this week.

Edited by mdr on 2022/9/12 16:00:22
My Amiga blog: markround.com/amiga
My hardware: X5000 running OS4.1; A1200 Vampire V1200v2, KS 3.1.4
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@mdr

Great for you. They should have done this for everyone who purchased the box version.

Anyway...

--
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I've just asked for a refund. I don't think I will pay for it eventually.

If it had been announced that it was a pre-order, I would have had no problem with this.

Here, it's just some sort of false claims that a product is available to make people pay for a not finalised product.

This way of doing these kind of things is just what upsets OS4 users all the time.

--
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I just received serial codes for registration and download from Amisphere.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi,

testing a little RadeonHD v5.14 for X1000:

- first experience was: looking on serial debug, RadeonHD started, but black screen
- I change my primary HD7970 for HD 7750, also black screen
- finally I removed my secondary card ( HD6670 for linux ) and all works like a charm - HD7750+Emotion with HD 720p, H264 utilizes CPU to 20-35%, DVPlayer 10-20%.

So it works fine with one gfx card! Thanks to all invilved.

But not works with two cards. Just now I have linux on X1000 broken, so it is not actual problem, but it need some fix on future. Or maybe I have to setup something?

AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have little hickups with 720p videos in Emotion, 1080p is unplayable... so the same thing as with v3.7... so far no advantages for video playback...

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Which 1080p video do you use? And do you have Prefs/Power set to High power?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes, Power.prefs set to High. Its a H.264 video which looks like in slow motion.

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DJBase

720p should play well .
Make sure you are not trying to play back a h.265 encoded video.

Testing on a Sam460ex 720p playback was good with DVplayer.
Emotion ends up with a crash on the Sam460ex with the RadeonHD V5 driver on the start of video playback though.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Also my system seems to be unstable now. I had a few system freezes.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DJBase

On the Sam460ex had to disable compositing effects in gui prefs.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Spectre660

tried to disable compositing, did not help, updater is crashing...

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Can you restore the RadeonHD 3.7 driver
and see if you still have the crash ?
Or have you not made any changes with the driver version that you were using before the crashes started ?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 17 »