Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Enhancer 2.2 Video Playback Problem
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

As I said in my Emotion forum thread( https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8913 ),
why not release Radeon HD v.5 driver on AmiStore the same day as Enhancer Software 2.2?

It would cause less confusion!

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@khayoz

We indicated it would be coming soon as a download.

However there are a few tweaks which have been made in the last week to prepare it for digital download.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

Ok, thanks for the reply and Enhancer Software 2.2

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amigakit

We have spotted a problem with Spencer on Sam460ex and the Radeon RX V2.11.
Confirmed by Javier and myself today and reported to Hans.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all
It seems my thread has been hijacked.
I'm not complaining about enhancer. I am one of those that has all the enhancer stuff installed and I am enjoying the benefits. Without the enhancer effort we would not be seeing any progress. Of course it might have been done in a cleaner way but that's been discussed in other threads and given non of us really understands the details of how things fit together, I'm cutting AmigaKit some slack.

Having said that, can we get back on track now?

@imagodespira
Quote:
Now: Enhancer 2.2 is out, great.
But Software which was working before crashes as the HD Lib for Video is now there... but not the driver ;) So we have many posts to make in forums and also as PM or Email from Emotion customers.

This is at the root of my question. Before installing enhancer 2.2, DVPlayer and Emotion worked fine. After installing enhancer 2.2 these programs quit working. I was just asking if that was expected? Is there anyone who can just answer that question?

I realize that I need to purchase the version 5 driver to get the video playback enhancements and I plan to as soon as there is a download version. I just didn't expect things to "break" without it and was trying to find out if others had the same issue so I could decide to report a bug or not.

For now I have disable the driver and things are back to working as before installing enhancer 2.2, so I'm Ok, but what about the people who don't want to buy version 5? Should they expect that the video players will not work and crash after installing enhancer 2.2?

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

Yeah, sorry for the hijack!

Alot is not working for me after ES2.2 update, Emotion dead, Spencer dead, Disk Image GUI crashes, Odyssey started acting weird, can't change screenmode properly.

Hopefully everything get back to what it was like when Radeon HD v.5 is downloadable.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

I am very pleased you are enjoying the benefits of the Enhancer Software. The team works hard to produce the best software we can within our resources.

With respect to the crashes, please backup and delete the file Libs:VA/RadeonHD_drv_video.library

Try again and let me know if this solves the problem.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amigakitQuote:
With respect to the crashes, please backup and delete the file Libs:VA/RadeonHD_drv_video.library
Try again and let me know if this solves the problem.

Thanks for the quick answer. As I said in my very first post:

"If I disable the "RadeonHD_drv_video.library" then videos play just fine."

So, yes, this does fix the issue. I assume from your answer this is a known issue and I will not submit a defect against it.

Thanks for your teams efforts. I perform QA on firmware and software for a large electronics test equipment company, so perhaps I have a little more insight as to the challenges your team is facing. I do appreciate the efforts and quick responses to any issues I do run across.

Unfortunately, with anything complex, they are a fact of life, no matter how much you test. In my line of work, the response to the customer when an issue does arrive is what can keep them satisfied. So far I think AmigaKit is doing a pretty good job of it, as long as you notify them of the issues.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Yes apologies from me for the hijack too.
I also run OS4.1 with ALL ESP components. The functionality from ESP over the stock AOS4.1FEu2 is huge.

Looking at the contributions from Hyperion since u2 it would be difficult to describe AOS4.1 as anything other than abandoned by its owner. Any real work on core AOS4.1 has been done by the amazing volunteer developers to whom us mere users are truly grateful.
Amigakit/AEON get a a rough ride which IMO is unjustified. The fact that they are here and productive enough to be criticised, starkly highlights Hyperions absence. AEON cannot please us all. To continue to invest in tying their product to a company like Hyperion would be madness. I totally get why they are trying to build an independent OS for their HW offerings.

Stability for me with ESP2.2 is good. My VA experience is poor so far though.
I cannot run the Prometheus trailer without ~66% CPU use and awful audio and frame rate hitches (DVPlayer and Emotion). I am unsure if this is an issue with my GPU or SW.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ddni

Can you try playback with a 720p video ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ddni

in the Power Prefs, set the power to low and save it.
Then set it to high and save it again.
Try the trailer again.

Cheers

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@khayoz
Quote:
Alot is not working for me after ES2.2 update, Emotion dead, Spencer dead, Disk Image GUI crashes, Odyssey started acting weird, can't change screenmode properly.

Just checked on my system. X1000 with Radeon HD7750. Spencer works find and Disk Image GUI starts up just fine. The only thing strange about Odyssey screen switching that doesn't work is Window boarder drop down menu has the "Jump Screen" selection disabled. I think this actually happened with the last Hyperion OS update though. I can use the jump screen gadget in the window boarder to jump screens with no problem.

Sounds like you might have something else going on with your system, or the problems only appear on certian configurations.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
Quote:
This is at the root of my question. Before installing enhancer 2.2, DVPlayer and Emotion worked fine. After installing enhancer 2.2 these programs quit working. I was just asking if that was expected? Is there anyone who can just answer that question?

Of course that wasn't expected. It's something that slipped through testing. I guess nobody with a RadeonHD card tested what happened if the RadeonHD.chip driver was too old. Most likely, it's an avcodec.library bug, where it's ignoring an error return code.

@khayoz
Quote:

Alot is not working for me after ES2.2 update, Emotion dead, Spencer dead...

With what hardware? Being told a day or two ago that Spencer didn't work any more really annoyed me. If you check the date in the driver's version string you'll see why...

Spencer is working just fine on my X5000.

@ddni
Quote:
Stability for me with ESP2.2 is good. My VA experience is poor so far though.
I cannot run the Prometheus trailer without ~66% CPU use and awful audio and frame rate hitches (DVPlayer and Emotion). I am unsure if this is an issue with my GPU or SW.

Alas, the Southern Island's video decoder hardware is noticeably slower than the newer Polaris cards (Radeon RX). Their spec sheets say that it should be able to handle HD video, but it seems that it only just can; at least, with H.264 videos.

I'm surprised to hear about the audio hitches, though.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans:

"With what hardware? Being told a day or two ago that Spencer didn't work any more really annoyed me. If you check the date in the driver's version string you'll see why...

Spencer is working just fine on my X5000."

On our os4welt.de forum, one user with Sam460 + RadeonRX 550 has problems with Spencer, MaceTD etc. since Enhancer 2.2

He has a Yetson RadeonRX 550.

Another user purchased the same RadeonRX and put it into an X1000 and it works well. To try the gfx Card, i also purchased this yetson RX550 für my X1000 but no time to test yet. But it may be a combination with RX cards and Sam460?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira

Sounds like the problem Spectre660 reported. It seems to be Sam460 specific. I reluctantly had to disable GART on the Sam460, because it doesn't have cache coherency and I couldn't get it to work reliably. So, the driver has to behave differently on that platform.

Users of affected systems should roll back the RadeonRX.chip driver to the previous version.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

"Alas, the Southern Island's video decoder hardware is noticeably slower than the newer Polaris cards (Radeon RX). Their spec sheets say that it should be able to handle HD video, but it seems that it only just can; at least, with H.264 videos."

On a slow test system with an old AMD Athlon and Radeon 7750, 60fps playback is no problem and the decoder runs not yet in full usage.

Frank is currently testing some games and stuff to get an idea how fast our cards could be and what we can expect from our games. There is a huge gap and maybe we can not bring newer games like "Pyramid Quest" to AmigaOs. (Spencer 300fps to 80fs on a year 2009 AMD + HD7750, cards are fast enough for our stuff...)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@imagodespira

While testing the Radeon HD 5.x driver and hardware acceleration on a Sm460ex I experienced an immediate crash when using
Emotion. Had sent an email about it to Goos in March this year.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@imagodespira

Don't have MaceTD (yet)but only issue I have noticed was with Spencer.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Is there a consistent set of video files with which we can all test and report back our Emotion/DVPlayer findings?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ddni

Only The 1080p Prometheus trailer .

Go to top

Register To Post