Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 13 »
Re: Introducing the Rear Window blog
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

Congrats and Thank you for the first release!

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@trixie

Excellent news - congratulations on letting it fly out into the world for the first time!

Downloaded immediately, looking forward to seeing what it can do.

And as soon as you're ready for localization, I'll take care of the Danish one, of course

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

Wow, for a First release It looks already feature complete and very powerful... count on me for the italian translation

Sam440ep Flex 800Mhz 160GB HD + AmigaOS 4.1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie
Quote:
the program can finally be downloaded from OS4depot. Enjoy!

Just downloaded and gave it a quick spin with three different format sound files.
Enjoy I did! Very nice first release!

Is it to early to start asking for features. :)
The one I missed most was an "Undo".

Kevin

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ trixie

congrats on the official release! messed around with some samples and so far so good

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie
Is MIDI/CAMD support planned for Rave?

I see record is planned for the future of Rave but couldnt find anything about MIDI in the docs.
The reason I ask is that I have have an idea for a plugin that involves MIDI and record.

Edited by khayoz on 2022/6/25 15:22:32
Edited by khayoz on 2022/6/25 15:23:53
1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@khayoz

Quote:
Is MIDI/CAMD support planned for Rave?

What kind of MIDI support would you like to see? Rave is a sample editor and does not deal with MIDI in any way.

@ktadd

Quote:
The one I missed most was an "Undo".

Undo is high on the to-do list along with other missing features, but surprisingly it's not straightforward to implement. It's not like in 8-bit editor times when samples were short and you just dumped the undo data into a memory buffer.

Edited by trixie on 2022/6/24 14:19:38
The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@khayoz

You want to wait for @lylehaze and his "Score" program.
It might give you exactly what you are looking for.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Thanks for your latest blog entry (as well as all the previous ones). It's always helpful to read how other programmers view and approach things, and to compare it with my own views and approach. And equally helpful to see what kinds of problems other programmers encounter with their projects.

Although I don't have a great need for editing audio samples, I wanted to check out Rave anyway. I downloaded it and tried to run it, but it won't start because I don't have the latest versions of the Enhancer Core components. And I can't update those because every time I try to download a newer version with Updater it tells me my account isn't enabled for downloads.

I gather the solution to that is to get in touch with AmigaKit and have them make some database adjustment on their end. I haven't bothered with this previously as I didn't have anything that actually used the Enhancer Core components. Now I do, so I guess I'll have to get on it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@all

Thank you for your interest in Rave! I hope you'll enjoy using the program as much as I've enjoyed making it! And Skateman, thanks for spreading the word!

@nbache, @samo79

Thanks for the offer - you bet that I'll reach out to my usual suspects for translations!

@msteed

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm sure AmigaKit will fix this for you. Hope they'll also update the Enhancer Core archive to include the latest version of the classes.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

I would like to see MIDI output(notenumber, velocity and prg change) for plugins to be able to send MIDI out.

And I would also like to see a Donate button on your blog! ;)

Edited by khayoz on 2022/6/25 15:21:26
Edited by khayoz on 2022/6/25 15:24:46
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Congratulations with the release! Well done!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@khayoz

Quote:
I would like to see MIDI output(notenumber, velocity and prg change) for plugins to be able to send MIDI out.

While Rave plugins could theoretically do anything, such functionality would IMHO find a better place in a MIDI sequencer. Horny and BarsnPipes should fit the bill.

Quote:
And I would also like to see a Donate button on your blog! ;)

I'm not asking for donations but if you'd like to support my projects and blog, I have a page on Ko-fi where I share more immediate news and progress reports, and where donations can also be sent. Now that Rave is finally out I should probably promote the page some more

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@msteed

I went through the server backoffice code and fixed a problem that affected users that only have the free Enhancer Software Core on their account. Users that have purchased the Enhancer Software were unaffected by the problem.

Hopefully this will let you download the ES Core files from Updater now.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks to quick database work by Matthew -- on a Sunday, even -- I've been able to download all the updated Enhancer Core components and give Rave a try.

Very nice! Even the file requester is impressive. And this is just the first pass- I'm sure it's going to get even better as it gains features.

I didn't have any audio samples readily at hand, so I used the sounds that came with Codebench for testing. I quickly discovered that the second half of two of those sounds is basically blank, making them twice as large as they need to be. I trimmed off the blank part and saved the rest; they sound exactly the same, but are half the size. So Rave has proven useful already!

I'd have to agree with the others that I miss an undo feature. The lack of one inhibits experimentation, as if you do something you don't like you're stuck with it. But I also see the point about the memory requirement of undo when editing large samples.

Perhaps a "revert" feature, which reloads the sample from disk, could fill some of the functionality of a full undo, though frequent saving of the sample could also be an issue if using a lossy compression format, since every save and reload loses some fidelity.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

Another thing that disturbed me was that the alteredfile overwrite the original when clicking on save...at least a requester that warns about overwriting would be nice.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

Finally I had a chance to look into the Rave and it is something I could use on a daily basis. The supported formats are impressive and existance of 8svx format opens a door to sample preparation for Protracker. I wish 8bitbubsy's Protracker 2.3d could be ported over as the one from the OS4depot is not usable, so all the music creation is doable on our system. There are some features I could not find (I've read the manual, I hope I did not missed this), which could make using Rave just a bit easier. I wish I can move position cursor with the arrow keys, left and right and hitting "home" or "end" key to move position cursor at the beginning or end of the sample at the Waveform Display. Holding shift and arrow key to the left or right should make a selection too, the same as it can be done with the mouse pointer. There is also one more item which is desired. When converting WAV sample to 8svx, there should be an option to downsample from 44000Khz to lower frequencies so it is usable in PT or classic Amiga trakers. Currently, configure button, when trying to save as, is not selectable and will save the 8svx at the same frequency (44000Khz). For this, I am using "sox" on Linux and shell script (I can share it with you if needed to see the parameters) which is doing this for me, but it would be great if could be done right here. Everything else works great and I tested the Fade In/Out and Mix Channels from stereo to mono, successfully. Thank you so much for making Rave trixie!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@levellord

You do know that sox is also ported to OS4, right?

http://os4depot.net/?function=showfile&file=audio/convert/sox.lha

@trixie

Nice job, as others have also said, the program is really nce to use and the GUI very neat and intuitive.

I'd still love it if one day you could make it possible to edit the waveform directly with the mouse, but we discussed this already, and I understand if that's not top of your list .

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nbache

Thanks for this, I did not know. Now what is left for some serious tracking is Protracker 2.3d and circle will be complete (hint, hint)!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@msteed

Quote:
I'd have to agree with the others that I miss an undo feature. The lack of one inhibits experimentation, as if you do something you don't like you're stuck with it. But I also see the point about the memory requirement of undo when editing large samples.

Undo really seems to be in popular demand, so I had better start with that As for the implementation, I'm pretty sure I need a combination of a disk-based and a memory-based approach.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 13 »