Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
71 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 71

more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »
Anything but "ACK proven untrustworthy"
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I believe we can now say that ACK is proven to be untrustworthy. If you want to know more, then please visit this thread:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... hp?topic_id=23914&forum=2

I am not making the same post on this site, because I am not sure if such a potentially volatile topic would be allowed here . If the moderators say this is OK, then I will make the full post here, rather than link to Amiga World.

[edit: Topic edited a bit ;) ]

Edited by orgin on 2007/8/10 21:22:32
Go to top
Re: ACK proven untrustworthy
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

Moved to correct forum

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

I would suggest giving ACK a few more days before making accusations because things do get delayed in the postal system. When your system arrives in the UK it may be handled by the Royal mail, in which case you need to note the strike action which is causing delays in deliveries.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@JeffShepherd

Quote:

JeffShepherd wrote:
@ChrisH

I would suggest giving ACK a few more days before making accusations because things do get delayed in the postal system. When your system arrives in the UK it may be handled by the Royal mail, in which case you need to note the strike action which is causing delays in deliveries.

I agree. It is not completely clear yet that ACK is untrustworthy. Maybe it's only the postal system that has caused a delay of 2 years for the return of the mainboard.
Let's wait some more days, it is possible that ACK will be completely trustworthy again next week when he has returned all boards and shipped all the hardwares that he has promised.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:
I am not making the same post on this site, because I am not sure if such a potentially volatile topic would be allowed here.

The topic is fine. But if your goal is to piss off the moderators keep pushing the "be allowed here" garbage. The broken record is really getting tiresome.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ssolie

Quote:
The broken record is really getting tiresome.

Ditto. A lie repeated over and over doesn't make a truth.

Saluditos,

Ferr?n.

Amiga user since 1988
AOS4 Betatester
Member of ATO Spain
A1 Cfg
OS4 SCR
A1200
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Why are you posting the same crap everywhere? It's bad enough that aw.net forums are wrecked with threads like this..

EDIT: I didnt realise you were posting about your own board.. it's just that my eyes glaze over all the threads about Amiga Inc, legal issues, and ACK bashing.. I apologise. I spend more time tweaking my software than bothering with forums these days.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jahc

Quote:
I didnt realise you were posting about your own board...

Are you sure?

Saluditos,

Ferr?n.

Amiga user since 1988
AOS4 Betatester
Member of ATO Spain
A1 Cfg
OS4 SCR
A1200
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ChrisH

I think this will be a final warning for you next time expext a ban for such as

"I am not making the same post on this site, because I am not sure if such a potentially volatile topic would be allowed here"

if you knew that why try piss off the moderators

you know the rules here dont push it !!!!

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Ferry

Quote:
Are you sure?

If the subject line looks tiresome then I usually skip the thread altogether. What are you trying to say anyway?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Ferry

Quote:

Ferry wrote:
@ssolie

Quote:
The broken record is really getting tiresome.

Ditto. A lie repeated over and over doesn't make a truth.

Saluditos,

Ferr?n.

What "lie" are you referring to exactly?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jahc
It isn't my board (I don't usually refer to myself in 3rd person!). I simply feel that ACK has broken too many promises, and he has only gotten away with it because people could imagine possible excuses. Well, this time there ARE no excuses, he has painted himself into corner.

If you still wish to defend ACK, I would ask yourself whether it is because of the facts, or just because you want to defend someone who is getting 'attacked'? (Never mind that he brought those attacks on himself)

How do you excuse holding people's Amiga Ones & their cash for up to 3 years??? And promising to return them multiple times, but failing to do so? If he can't even do that NOW, how do you expect him to produce Amiga Inc's new OS4 mobos by the end of summer (as was promised?)? Please try (re)reading my AW.net post carefully & without emotion.

@ssolie
I haven't read your latest PM reply yet (will do soon), but it was not my intention to somehow "troll". Surely it is well known that Amigans.net (1) has a strong moderation policy, and (2) a tough line on people who break that policy ?

I honestly cannot fathom how my trying to stick to that policy (by politely asking if stuff is allowed) can be breaking that very same policy? You seem to prefer me to make POTENTIALLY bad posts, and then POTENTIALLY get banned because of that???

@poweramiga
I don't know the rules - THATS WHY I AM ASKING. I tried reading the TOS (and the empty SOI that it refers to), and I found it very vague on matters of policy. Which is fine if you only want to post about the latest piece of OS4 software, but not so good if you are interested in the bigger picture (which is almost universally bad at the moment).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Chris... This is the "Too Hot Too Handle" forum...

Say what you want.

Just no personal attacks.... If something is deemed libelous we'll correct it.

By order
The (huh) Management !!

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:
If you still wish to defend ACK,

I'm not defending anyone.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

If you really want to know if something would be allowed or not, just PM a mod about it first.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
What a useful thread ;) Is this the kind of threads people want over and over again to fill all amiga forums? Off topic, accusations, moderation complaints etc. How productive ;)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@orgin

Well, howabout in London Times Format?

Dear Sir

I am writing to complain at your web portal's outrageous overzeleous moderation policy.
Never in my many years of causing trouble and promoting similar, but rival OS's, have I come across a web portal that clamps down on such behaviour.

one should be allowed to say what one wishes without having to cower in fear that any comments will be immediately removed and one's account suspended!

It is outrageous! And I for one will continue to point at this webportal from outside and cry and cry until I am all cried out, where upon I shall immediately throw a temper tantrum and look for comfort in all things soft and cuddly.

Yours Disgusted

JJ Buckaros ESQ.

- The above is meant not to be taken too seriously - ok?

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C & orgin

I don't think that ChrisH complained about the moderation policy. He was only unsure how particular things are handled in the Too hot to handle forums.
I think Outcast explained this short, but very well when he said "say what you want, but no personal attacks".
So only personal attacks are not hot enough, so they can be handled and dealt with.

I think Chris doesnt intend to accuse ACK really, he is only pointing out the facts, which are bad enough. There is no need to invent things and create false accusations.
It is only strange that some peoples still have to find strange excuses for ACKs unreliability.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Helge

I honestly wasn't having a go at Chris. - Honest

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Mikey_C

Me neither ;)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »